Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thursday night

Re: Thursday night

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:b0a0a2d8-9447-4737-ac09-2097119924dc">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : Well I'd hope. You really should know what date your wedding night was.
    Posted by kcscejal[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Hah. RIGHT. Of course. ;)</div>
  • Options
    Yeah, we were at my best friend's house and he was like "So...should we make this whole thing official?" I said sure. We hung out at the party for a while, I got pretty tipsy, which I think is why I stayed at his house afterward and was so ready to go apparently. Hah. 
  • Options
    I think we waited about 2 weeks into our relationship before we had sex.  H was the one deflowered that night though, not me.  Embarassed
  • Options
    Yay about the puppies, Poke!

I'm chilling for a bit before I finish studying for tomorrow's exam.

I have to start addressing my STD envelopes.

I'm stuffed from my salad.
  • Options
    Aw thats sweet, Jally. J was most definiitely not a virgin when we met. I am glad at least he knew what he was doing. 
  • Options
    willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    So cute that Fruit Loop is now a sweet tater. 

I also didn't lose my virginity til I married H. Oh, wait. Maybe not. I WAS married before. Although he sucked so maybe it doesn't count?

So we also found out today that the band DD wanted for social hour and also to do acoustic prelude music at the ceremony is 'busy that day.' We really think it's because one of the members is banging my nephew's BSC estranged wife. For real. Gah. Oh well, at least now we don't have to worry about drama with that. 

ETA Airport people watching is the best as was meeting your loved ones at the gate. Stupid terrorists. 
  • Options
    I don't remember the day we first said I love you. We don't even know our dating anniversary either. I could try to guess and I do know the month and maybe week but we broke up after 6 months and have no idea what day we became official again a few months later.

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We just picked a day around the time we became officially and declared it our dating anniversary because we couldn't remember the actual date.  We suck at being sentimental.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:b91d8fe2-e83d-4cb9-af3c-e9213f643ba5">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just picked a day around the time we became officially and declared it our dating anniversary because we couldn't remember the actual date.  <strong>We suck at being sentimental.</strong>

<div>At least you try! </div>
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I liked J's description of him losing his virginity. "It was really fast." lol. Seems to be the common theme for guys at that point. ;) 
  • Options
    How we "officially" started dating is so silly. We had been together for like two months, and then people started referring to us as boyfriend and girlfriend, but we'd never really used those terms. So one night our conversation was as follows:
    - So you're pretty much my girlfriend, right?
    - Yeah.
    - Should I, like, ask you to date me?
    - I don't care...
    - Okay. Do you want to be my girlfriend?
    - Sure!

So romantic. 
  • Options
    First time H said he loved me, was at the bus station that he had first picked me up at in St Louis, 6 months after we first met.

I waited a whole 6 hours (re: the drive from St Louis to H's place in Oklahoma) after the first time we met to have sex with him. To be fair, we had been talking about it for like, 4 months before that. 
  • Options
    I'm bad with dates.  I THINK it was June 6 when H proposed.  And our dating anniversary is October 17.  Sex was about  month later, but I don't really remember that.  And I think we said I love you in January'ish.  Unless it was earlier and I don't remember.
  • Options
    Oh and hi everyone!  I feel like I haven't been here in forever. We had major housing drama the past couple weeks and I've been working tons of overtime.  11 hour workday today and ran around for at least 8-9 of it.  I'm beat.

Anything exciting happen around here lately?
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Lol nice, Leisel. I think our conversation was similar. Just kind of like "sooo is this official?" "Yeah why not"... haha. 

I DO remember when my first serious boyfriend said I love you though, lol how sad that I remember that. I remember because it freaked me the eff out. 
  • Options
    I met FI on Sept 26 2009.

I told him that I loved him first. That was January 16th 2010.  He didn't say it back...awkward.  I just knew he was "The One" though.

He finally told me that he loved me on February 20, 2010.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure H said, "so, I can like, um, call you my girlfriend now, right?"
  • Options
    Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    FI and i started dating officially I believe April 6th, he first kissed me maybe 2 weeks ago. We had been 'dating' for almost a month (maybe more) before he did kiss me, he says that he tried to on our 2nd date but I apparently turned away (I did not/do not remember this haha) so he wasnt sure how I felt. A week after we became official we had sex, so I think like the 13th of April (maybe 2 weeks tho)? He proposed on December 17th. 

FI & I had a similar lame conversation, he essentially asked me if he could tell people I was his girlfriend haha

FI first told me he loved me in his bedroom, we were just cuddling watching TV. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    H and I were together a long time before we said I love you. 7 months or so. We're also those people who wait until they're married to have sex, so apparently we just like to take things slow, haha. 
  • Options
    Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    How long was everyone with their FI before they got engaged?

2 and a half years, and getting married just after 4 years. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had a genetics test the day after H proposed, but I knew the ring was coming in that day because I was with him when we ordered it, so even though he wanted to wait until i didn't have a test the next day I didn't want him to.  I'm too impatient.  And suck at being sentimental.
  • Options
    Did you wait til you were married to have sex, ever, Leisel, or just with your H? 

I think it was probably about 8 or 9 months before J and I said I love you. I knew that I loved him like, within a month of us dating though. 
  • Options
    The first time that H told me he loved me was on July 27th 2005 - that was what we made our dating anniversary. Because we never "dated". We were "dating" online for about a year before we met for the first time in person. 

I had left to go to NOLA to visit family for like two weeks. I came back and he told me he missed me so much more than he thought possible and he loves me. He told me that he couldn't stand the thought of me dating someone local, and that he was going to try to come see me. 

We were eachothers first time. It was really awkward, since neither of us really knew what we were doing lol. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:a826981e-7355-4aec-aa13-d885f83ad05c">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a genetics test the day after H proposed, but I knew the ring was coming in that day because I was with him when we ordered it, so even though he wanted to wait until i didn't have a test the next day I didn't want him to.  I'm too impatient.  And suck at being sentimental.

<div>I read this at first as meaning you had some kind of DNA test on yourself, lol. </div>
  • Options
    We were together about 1.5 years before we got engaged.  We were engaged for 26 months, which is waaaaaay waaaaaaay too fucking long.
  • Options
    Good for you Liesel.

I was with H for 5 1/2 years before we got engaged.  We got married just short of 7 years after we started dating.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:5e785ea2-1ddd-430e-a45a-3e30a0d4f6a4">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]How long was everyone with their FI before they got engaged? 2 and a half years, and getting married just after 4 years. 
    Posted by DileniN[/QUOTE]

<div>Dated/lived together for a year, engaged for just over a year, and now we've been married for almost a year and a half.</div><div>
    </div><div>January 11th, 2009 was when he picked me up at the bus station. It was a Sunday. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:ff4feb1b-026a-4b6d-8a14-451e218100a6">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you wait til you were married to have sex, ever, Leisel, or just with your H?  I think it was probably about 8 or 9 months before J and I said I love you. I knew that I loved him like, within a month of us dating though. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Ever. We're both Catholic and decided we'd wait. But we're not the best Catholics because we did all sorts of other naked activities prior to marriage, haha. Now it seems kind of silly that we didn't just have sex - we'd been together over 4 years by the time we got married. I'm still happy with the decision we made, though. </div>
  • Options
    Loopy - that's almost exactly the same for us. He proposed on July 6th 2010. 
  • Options
    We dated for about 5 years before we got engaged.  Married 11 months after that.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards