Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

A real good morning thread

Not just a shameless AW ;)

We had an amazing hoarfrost last night so everything looks like some kind of crystal wonderland out there.  H has finally left the house to go and take pictures.  Crazy man.  In other news, THE DOG IS GONEEEEE!! YAAAY!

QOTD: Are you making anything for NYE?

Re: A real good morning thread

• Options
    Morning!

I need to see pictures of this.

And I am totally pouting.  I just found out that even my male friends got kindles for Christmas!

QOTD: Still deciding on NYE dinner, but NYD will include cabbage (coleslaw) Pork (bacon) and blackeyed peas (if I can find them down here).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good morning.  Sounds pretty - post pictures later.

For New Year's, we are going out to a really nice steakhouse for dinner (with wine) and maybe seeing a movie afterward if we aren't so full we're uncomfortable :).  I can't wait.

• Options
    I'll post them when H comes back.  :)
  • Options
    Morning...  

Snippy - It sounds beautiful.  Can't wait to see the pictures. My parents use to live in Northern Norway and they have some amazing pictures (they even stayed in the ice hotel in Sweden).

QOTD - not cooking.  DH is working (surprise, surprise) and our friends are off island. I plan on taking a hot bath while drinking champange and reading my Kindle (sorry aMrs)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_real-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa4ed330-ab41-4a6e-b0b5-76dca1df9b53Post:a376980b-fc7b-4ac9-9048-10658997297a">Re: A real good morning thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning...   Snippy - It sounds beautiful.  Can't wait to see the pictures. My parents use to live in Northern Norway and they have some amazing pictures (they even stayed in the ice hotel in Sweden). QOTD - not cooking.  DH is working (surprise, surprise) and our friends are off island. I plan on taking a hot bath while drinking champange <strong>and reading my Kindle</strong> (sorry aMrs)
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

you all suck.
  • Options
    Oh Cfas (btw, you definitely have the hardest name around here!) that sounds like total insanity. 

I'm thinking I'll just do some appetizers or something.  We're not feeling the need for another big dinner for just the two of us. 

Lynda, I refuse to go to the ice hotel.  I hate to be cold in the first place, and that would just make it so much worse.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_real-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa4ed330-ab41-4a6e-b0b5-76dca1df9b53Post:abf7b297-40e5-4e8c-9131-71e7eeb50635">Re: A real good morning thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Lynda, I refuse to go to the ice hotel.  I hate to be cold in the first place, and that would just make it so much worse.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

My mom is not good in the cold either, but she said it was worth is for one night.  Although she suggests you get separate sleeping bags.  If you get the double one there is a gap between the 2 of you. 

Would she go back?... Nope, it is something you do once in your lifetime and then talk about how you did it for the rest of your life..

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Hm.  That's true.  And there are some gorgeous pics of it.  Just the idea is... *brrrrrr*
  • Options
    So you don't know the 7th person?  That's even more awkward!
  • Options
    Well, it's still early. :)
  • Options
    Um, not really. lol... it's hard when it's just the two of you and no gifts or anything like that.  But hopefully things get better from here out!

H is correcting his pics right now.  :)
  • Options
    Good Morning! I'm here. I just swung by the cafeteria here at work for some bacon and pancakes. We didn't have anything in the house for breakfast so I splurged.

QOTD: I think we're having one of Lucas's friends over tomorrow night. He's been underway with the sub he's stationed on and they deploy for about a year sometime in January so this may be the last time we see him for a while.
  • Options
    Good morning (for real this time)!  Yay!  I'm so glad it's Thursday.  Getting closer to the weekend!

I would really like to make my mom's pepperoni bread for tomorrow night, but considering that we're going to be out most of the day, with my sister, and for a friend's birthday tonight, I doubt I'm going to have a chance to bake it.  It takes a while.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Bay, this means you need to share the recipe.  Stat.
  • Options
    It's a family tradition at my parents' house.  My mother makes it from scratch for Christmas Day and New Year's Eve (two loaves) and I love it.  But I just don't know if I'm going to have the time to make it.  :(

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    Good morning. I seriously considered if I could bring some wine into work today. I really don't know how I'm going to make it through the day. Yesterday was bad, today is going to be hellacious. End of the year crap that HAS TO BE DONE RIGHT THIS SECOND.

For NYE, 6 of us are getting together and each bringing 2 dishes and an alcoholic beverage and mixer each. Well, I'm just bringing 2 of my fave wines and calling it good. I'm making a Rotel dip (sausage, hamburger, velveeta, taco seasoning and rotel). One of the guys (and H I guess) go freaking crazy of it. So I'm going to double my recipie. that will be 2 pds of sausage and 2 pds of hamburger. Blech. But we're also picking up the best wings in the world. They're smoked for 3 hours. Nom.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    OH man.  That makes me miss my mom's bean dip.  nomalicious.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_real-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa4ed330-ab41-4a6e-b0b5-76dca1df9b53Post:c0e3d56a-ad90-4dce-afd4-60a4ce0e7d2c">Re: A real good morning thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's a family tradition at my parents' house.  My mother makes it from scratch for Christmas Day and New Year's Eve (two loaves) and I love it.  But I just don't know if I'm going to have the time to make it.  :(
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Blah, blah...we still need the recipe!
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Morning.  I'm nursing a headache.  Perhaps, I had a little too much tequila last night.  Ah well.

QOTD- Not cooking. (Score!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Options
    Good morning, everyone! It's my last day at work before a 4 day weekend and I'm pumped!! We'll see how much I actually get done today. Although I do have plenty to do. :)
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I'm not cooking for NYE either. :)
  • Options
    All this talk about food.....nomnomnom

Please to be sharing this pepperoni bread recipe Baystate :-)
  • Options
    Um... cfaz? You're having that dinner before meeting me and Mr P at EatBar right? That's still on? 
  • Options
    Morning ladies!  I'm hoping we get out early today.  There's practically no one in the office.

QOTD - what's this "making things" that you speak of?
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    So I've got something I wanted to run past you girls, but don't want to start a whole thread about it.... H and I are looking for a new place to live. Our lease is up on our apartment on April 1 and we're hoping to move in March. We're trying to be picky since we have some time. I was going through ads on CraigsList the other day and found a townhouse for rent that looked perfect. There wasn't a phone number, so I e-mailed the guy for information.

He wrote me back last night... with a massive paragraph about how he and his wife had to move to Africa quickly, and he didn't want to rent out the house through a realtor so he's doing it himself.. the problem is that he's in Africa now with the keys to the house and we can't look at it until we actually take possession and move in. Then he asked me to send him all kinds of info like our address, DOBs, etc.

And the e-mail was full of all kinds of weird grammatical errors.

I'm relatively sure I will not be responding to this guy. Something just doesn't seem right here.
  • Options
    So this thread is still missing some pictures of ice and a pepperoni bread recipe...
  • Options
    Ak, that's definitely a scam. I've heard of it before.  Don't respond to him.

Good morning all!  Today is my Friday and I'm just going to make it through the day and bust out of here.  I'm so ready for a long fun weekend.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AK NO! Big, huge scam. Like my roomate that got scammed for her textbooks. DONT DO IT.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_real-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa4ed330-ab41-4a6e-b0b5-76dca1df9b53Post:368add77-6ed0-4851-9df0-ed95febb5d2e">Re: A real good morning thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A real good morning thread : Yup, the NYE part at EatBar is still on. I think that it starts at 9:30, but in true DC fashion, people will start arriving around 10:00 or so. I'm so excited! You will be my first IRL Eener. :-)
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

<div>You just answered my other question! We were just wondering last night when this was going to start. I drove past EatBar this morning and got very excited! YAY!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_real-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa4ed330-ab41-4a6e-b0b5-76dca1df9b53Post:72a54c8d-7156-4aa4-bf21-c7cb45126f8c">Re: A real good morning thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I've got something I wanted to run past you girls, but don't want to start a whole thread about it.... H and I are looking for a new place to live. Our lease is up on our apartment on April 1 and we're hoping to move in March. We're trying to be picky since we have some time. I was going through ads on CraigsList the other day and found a townhouse for rent that looked perfect. There wasn't a phone number, so I e-mailed the guy for information. He wrote me back last night... with a massive paragraph about how he and his wife had to move to Africa quickly, and he didn't want to rent out the house through a realtor so he's doing it himself.. the problem is that he's in Africa now with the keys to the house and we can't look at it until we actually take possession and move in. Then he asked me to send him all kinds of info like our address, DOBs, etc. And the e-mail was full of all kinds of weird grammatical errors. I'm relatively sure I will not be responding to this guy. Something just doesn't seem right here.
    Posted by akhensley81[/QUOTE]

This is a total SCAM. They talk about it in their what to look for when being scammed. It's too good to be true. Those pictures posted are of some random place that he does not own. Ignore!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards