Wedding Etiquette Forum

A real good morning thread

Re: A real good morning thread

• aMrs, I just wanna tell you something. Just because. My parents are obsessed with St. Marteen. They've been 10 times, at least. Between cruises and staying a week. The next time they go, they want to get a 2 bedroom and have H and I come with them. Just something before we have babies I guess. We went there on our honeymoon cruise, along with St. Thomas. We took a ferry to St. John instead of staying at St. Thomas. It's our paradise. Is there a ferry from St. Marteen?

And I'm dreaming of Maho beach, while I'm here in the dreary rain.

Ok, you can go about your life, not caring about my randomness now :D

"In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Oh. And good morning. Cause I forgot to say that. Listen, I'm tired, ok? I absolutely had to pull myself out of bed this morning, but it's ok cause today is my Friday and I'm foolishly optimistic that we'll close early today. 

Know what I did last night? I registered for school. I am officially back in college... and terrified. But also excited!
  • Yeah, I just looked it up on Snopes. Damn. We were really excited about that place too. Haha. Oh well.
  • Morning! I love being at work this time of year because no one else is here! It's so peaceful and I can basically do whatever I want.

AK, that's a huge scam. People find real listings of rentals or sale houses and snag all the pics and info and scam people out of "deposits". But, if you wanted to be nice, I bet the people who actually own the house have no idea this is going on and maybe you could find a way to alert them.

QOTD: I think I'm going to make pasta with garlic bread (with a little help from the grocery store) and then we'll have champagne, of course on NYE. NYD I am going to make the monkey bread I never got to make on Christmas morning.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • WM- I was just wondering if I should try to tell someone about this. In his e-mail back he gave me the address of the townhouse.. I wonder if it's real? It's not far from here, maybe I'll drive by on my lunch break today.
  • Yay Manda! It's kegger time again!

Ok, not really. I didn't do all that nonsense in college. Whatcha goin back for?
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • I bet it is real because I've heard sometimes that the people tell the potential renters that they can go peek in the windows to check the place out. The owners have actually been home sometimes when people come poking around their house.

And oh, I totally started reading The Giver last night. It's not what I expected at all, but I'm intrigued and had to force myself to stop reading last night.

/sucking up to TR.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_real-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa4ed330-ab41-4a6e-b0b5-76dca1df9b53Post:57a07344-34e4-481c-9951-bb6456c2a03d">Re: A real good morning thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]aMrs, I just wanna tell you something. Just because. My parents are obsessed with St. Marteen. They've been 10 times, at least. Between cruises and staying a week. The next time they go, they want to get a 2 bedroom and have H and I come with them. Just something before we have babies I guess. We went there on our honeymoon cruise, along with St. Thomas. We took a ferry to St. John instead of staying at St. Thomas. It's our paradise. Is there a ferry from St. Marteen? And I'm dreaming of Maho beach, while I'm here in the dreary rain. Ok, you can go about your life, not caring about my randomness now :D
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

Yes, way random ;-)
    There is a ferry to Anguilla and Sabo and St Barts.  St Kitts and Antigua can be gotten to by boat but it's a lot longer than a ferry ride.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, I just printed out the CraigsList ad (then I reported it), the e-mail he sent me, and the Snopes article. I'll bring them with me and if there's someone home, I'll give the printouts to them.

• Eyeroll.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • And then I take a ferry to St. John from one of those?

Is it a couple hours, or am I going to kill a whole day />

• What the hell are you eyerolling at, Fish? Huh? HUH?
  • Morning. I'm late today because 1) my alarm didn't go off and I woke up an hour late, 2) I discovered that H ate my lunch as a midnight snack (in fairness, he thought I didn't want it because I'd said the sauce was kind of gross) and stood in my kitchen pouting for an extra 5 minutes I didn't have and 3) had to go pay my home insurance and was behind a woman who was taking HOURS (thank god she let me go before she finished).

Happy fuuucking Thursday!

QOTD: I don't know. We're having my ILs over, and I was going to make this yummy thai curry tonight because it's better the next day, then H wanted to bbq meat, then his mom called and said she doesn't want meat but can bring chicken...I don't even care anymore. I may buy frozen pizza and call it a day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_real-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa4ed330-ab41-4a6e-b0b5-76dca1df9b53Post:bbf67769-ff23-44d6-83d8-9bbcc326a499">Re: A real good morning thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]And then I take a ferry to St. John from one of those? Is it a couple hours, or am I going to kill a whole day />

I'm pretty sure that your best bet is an airplane if you want to get to St Johns.  The West Indies and the USVI's aren't all that close to each other (roughly 123 miles).
  • Back in school for Human Resources Management. I think I'll be good at it!
  • This thread. Well, the threads OP, if we're being specific.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_real-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa4ed330-ab41-4a6e-b0b5-76dca1df9b53Post:1c499265-db63-4d2a-82b6-0b1ae1428d45">Re: A real good morning thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A real good morning thread : Blah, blah...we still need the recipe!
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha...it's really easy...just a regular white bread recipe...wait for the loaf to rise.  Once it rises, roll it out (like you would to make cinnamon bread) then spread a thin layer of mozzarella cheese and top with pepperoni slices.  Roll the loaf up, jelly-roll style, put in a bread pan, and bake like you would a normal bread.

Really simple.  :)

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I am now curious as to how a thread looks if it doesn't have responses yet but you have the OP blocked.

On a different, more unifying note: future-mrs closed the discussion on her precious Oct 2011 board where yesterday's "I'm eloping but actually it's a DW where I'm uniniviting people" girl posted. Snippy called her an idiot, and I invited her to come back to E and respond to people's questions - which she did, and for that I give her full credit - and that was IT. No E invasion, no "go away, E!" comments, nothing. And when I left work yesterday, it was still open and no one had cared enough to continue the discussion, so basically future-mrs decided to close a dead thread to assert her power. Priceless.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_real-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa4ed330-ab41-4a6e-b0b5-76dca1df9b53Post:d097b9de-0689-4fb1-886f-d58a2cf61ca5">Re: A real good morning thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A real good morning thread : Hahahaha...it's really easy...just a regular white bread recipe...wait for the loaf to rise.  Once it rises, roll it out (like you would to make cinnamon bread) then spread a thin layer of mozzarella cheese and top with pepperoni slices.  Roll the loaf up, jelly-roll style, put in a bread pan, and bake like you would a normal bread. Really simple.  :)
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Hmm, this recipe assumes a certain amount of bread baking talent.  Of which I have none. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_real-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa4ed330-ab41-4a6e-b0b5-76dca1df9b53Post:5bae789f-92a7-4c47-ba30-8516d433c74d">Re: A real good morning thread</a>:
    [QUOTE] On a different, more unifying note: future-mrs closed the discussion on her precious Oct 2011 board where yesterday's "I'm eloping but actually it's a DW where I'm uniniviting people" girl posted. Snippy called her an idiot, and I invited her to come back to E and respond to people's questions - which she did, and for that I give her full credit - and that was IT. No E invasion, no "go away, E!" comments, nothing. And when I left work yesterday, it was still open and no one had cared enough to continue the discussion, so basically future-mrs decided to close a dead thread to assert her power. Priceless.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

This doesn't surprise me.  She takes her "knot career" very seriously you know.  ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_real-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa4ed330-ab41-4a6e-b0b5-76dca1df9b53Post:71b82c6c-a05d-4e00-9d7f-eafbe9441fd1">Re: A real good morning thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]And oh, I totally started reading The Giver last night. It's not what I expected at all, but I'm intrigued and had to force myself to stop reading last night. /sucking up to TR.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

Yesssssssss!  I'm also biased because I really love stories set in the future that ponder what society is going to do to itself.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • AMrs. -- you really don't need bread baking experience.  Its admittedly a lot easier with a bread machine, which is why I'm not sure I'll have the time, but it's still relatively simple with a regular white bread recipe...mix the ingredients, knead, then set aside in a bowl with a towel over it, in a warm place, for a 1/2 hour to let it rise.  Then the rest.

Dani, nobody is anything without their Knot career, dontcha know.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I <3 The Giver. Like a lot, a lot. I'm re-reading it for one of the book challenge things.
  • You can just see the thread title and then a gray line that says "posts from Snippylynn are blocked" with a little unblock button right next to it.

I wanted to see what kind of vindictive thing she had to say, so I unblocked her for one hot minute, and then quickly went back to block. Life is better that way.

The Margarita Evolution
  • What, what? I managed to miss all of this, and I was here yesterday! Does anyone have a link?
  • Ah ok. Thank you for satisfying my curiousity :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_real-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa4ed330-ab41-4a6e-b0b5-76dca1df9b53Post:57a07344-34e4-481c-9951-bb6456c2a03d">Re: A real good morning thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]aMrs, I just wanna tell you something. Just because. My parents are obsessed with St. Marteen. They've been 10 times, at least. Between cruises and staying a week. The next time they go, they want to get a 2 bedroom and have H and I come with them. Just something before we have babies I guess. We went there on our honeymoon cruise, along with St. Thomas. We took a ferry to St. John instead of staying at St. Thomas. It's our paradise. Is there a ferry from St. Marteen? And I'm dreaming of Maho beach, while I'm here in the dreary rain. Ok, you can go about your life, not caring about my randomness now :D

nope. It's about 120 something miles away going through one of the roughest parts of the whole Caribbean (Anegada passage). 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Well phewy. I was trying to look at flights, but I can't even access the airport website. I guess we won't be going back there :/
  • hai!  from mandy and alix!! 

... or should we say this in our AW thread?  cause no one is an AW around here.  'specially not amoro.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards