New Jersey

Lake Valhalla Club, Montville

Hey!
Anyone know what the pricing is like for the Lake Valhalla Club in Montville?  I'm looking for a Satuday night (because they don't offer Friday night) and we're thinking the fall (September-November) but we're not against a spring wedding in May or even end of April.
We have a guest list of about 150 people but I'm not anticipating 100% attendance.
Also, if anyone has had a wedding here or been to a wedding here I would love some honest feedback! 

Thank you!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lake Valhalla Club, Montville

• Hello,
     I am interested in booking LVC, but slightly concerned about capacity issues. Has anyone out there had a wedding of 200 there?? How was it? Spacious enough?? I love every other aspect of this venue, I am just concerned of the spacing.

Would appreciate feedback!!
    Nicole
  • I am getting married there in November, and would also like to know the answer to this question. Nicole, have you booked?

In Response to <a href="http://princeton.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_lake-valhalla-club-montville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:6536310e-d1a4-49a8-9b93-b58d689b934dPost:db3d9420-e0e5-4be8-b3d8-34ad39c0db10">Re: Lake Valhalla Club, Montville</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello,  I am interested in booking LVC, but slightly concerned about capacity issues. Has anyone out there had a wedding of 200 there?? How was it? Spacious enough?? I love every other aspect of this venue, I am just concerned of the spacing. Would appreciate feedback!! Nicole
    Posted by NicoleOrt[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_lake-valhalla-club-montville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:6536310e-d1a4-49a8-9b93-b58d689b934dPost:7b4b21c9-9e48-4f49-bb2c-0acef51c4fe5">Re: Lake Valhalla Club, Montville</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married there in November, and would also like to know the answer to this question. Nicole, have you booked? In Response to Re: Lake Valhalla Club, Montville :
    Posted by lanie1121@hotmail.com[/QUOTE]

hi gals,
    i am obviously very late on this post, but i just saw lake valhalla club yesterday and fell in LOVE. our guest list is MAX capacity though. perry told us (more than once) that it would not be an issue, at all.
    however, i am nervous about feeling 'cramped.' no matter how amazing the food is or how beautiful the scenary is.. people will remember the venue feeling 'tight' if it does..
    did you ever hear anything about this?
    any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Anybody know what a good price is for LVC?  I saw someone was quoted 105 including ceremony, I was quoted that for this upcoming december b/c of close schedule I guess. we're looking at March 30th of next year though, 105 + 5 pp for ceremony fee (so really 110 per person) for that sunday;  its great that it includes gratuity i'm just wondering if it's worth shelling that out for March when people are getting better pricing in september and april by booking closer.  but we loved the place (my fiance really has his heart set on it) and it seems silly to be a pain in the ass or risk losing the space over 5 bucks a person (although with a 150 min those savings would definitely go a long way elsewhere!)- any opinions?
  • I'm getting married at Valhalla in May, but we're planning on inviting 125-130. I know when talking with Perry he was discussing with us how he can fit more guests, but we're fine capping at 130. We completely fell in love with the venue once we walked in. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We're having our reception there this October and we have about 165 invited but will likely only have like 150.  I think everyone will fit just fine.  I think 200 might be pushing it though.  I even had reservations about 150 but I met with Perry a second time specifically to discuss the space and he showed me exactly how the room would be set for that many people and it will be plenty of room.  I think anything over 175 would be tight though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HI all!

I am absolutely dying to have my wedding reception and the LVC.  My fiance and I met with Perry, but were quoted super high for a Sunday, May 2015 wedding.  Does anyone have any experience in negotiating with him?! I know he is a super nice guy, but I am desperate to get a good price since we are paying for the wedding ourselves.  Any advice would be SUPER helpful! Thank you!!
  • Dee613Dee613 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    We're having our ceremony and reception at LVC on a Saturday in April 2015. We weren't priced too high, but I would love to hear about if anyone negotiated with Perry as well. There are some extras I want to negotiate with him. Also, has anyone used there in house DJ, Arnie from All Around Sounds? Any helpful tips and ideas for this venue would be appreciated!! Thank you!
  • @dee613 If you're looking for a hotel for a room block I had mine in June 2011 at the Hyatt in Morristown. It was amazing! The rates included shuttle service, so I didn't have to make arrangements for my guests and its contracted not creepy hotel shuttles. The best part was after the wedding my guests were able to walk to the bars downtown. The girl I worked with was Christine incase you were interested! CONGRATS!!!
  • dp867dp867 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    @kyran. I attempted to negotiate with Perry for an Sunday May 2014 wedding in November. We LOVED the venue on our visit and that day I spoke with Lisa who said Perry would def be willing to negotiate to our price by choosing less pricey entrees and dropping some apps and deserts/liquor. We loved LVC and thought we were going to get married there.

However, they had the worst service by far of any place we looked at after the initial visit. We couldn't get a hold of them for over a month, and when we did we were given conflicting information regarding minimums and available dates, and confusing/inconsistent pricing. I felt Perry was rude and he told me if we cut out some apps/liquor, the wedding wouldn't be "correct"- he was the only manager to make me feel ashamed of our budget or of trying to negotiate. The ONLY thing Perry was willing to do was drop the venetian hour for $3pp. The lowest I was able to get him was $27pp MORE than what Lisa originally said they could do for May for beginning of April. It took two months to sort this out, so I wish they had just been up front about it.

I know there are brides who had wonderful weddings there, but I was very turned off and disappointed at the time. I hope you have more luck than we did!

• Dee613Dee613 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    @ccarlise416 Thank you for the info! A friend of mine recommended the Hyatt in Morristown also. We are going to go take a look at it and I will ask for Christine. Good to know that it's not a creepy hotel shuttle. lol Thanks for the tip!
  • Just visited a bunch of the local recommended hotels and by far Hyatt in Morristown had the most to offer! We're going to get quotes from the couple we checked, but as long as the price is right we're probably going with them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @dp867 - Thanks for the information.  I am still trying to get in touch with Perry, but have had such difficulty.  I am going to have my fiance try to track him down and talk to him, but I don't know what to do if we can't contact him.  Maybe I'll just schedule another appointment.  I'd really love to have my reception there, so I'll just have to roll with the punches until I get word back.  I, too, have gotten varied prices and such (for instance, I was quoted one price for 2014, and then when I reminded him that I wanted 2015, he quoted me $10 more per person). So, I'm just trying to work that out!

Thanks for the heads up! Where did you end up booking, anyway?
  • what are people paying for anything booked in fall of 2014? 
  • @kyran, sorry I missed your question. We booked at Mountain Lakes Club. Wedding is in May. It seems great so far, the manager has been helpful and it's within our budget. It has a few elements in common with Valhalla (more casual feel, on a lake), but the interior style is more modern (no fireplaces). Def check it out if you're still searching, though I hope you were able to get in touch with Perry!
  • Hi again! I was just curious what limo, if any, you Lake Valhalla Club brides used.  I am definitely not trying to spend a ton of money on limos, and will only need one for about 6-7 people, and then maybe a 2 person one.  Any suggestions and prices would be great!

Thanks!
  • @kryan816 I have heard that Broadway Elite Transportation has great limos and transportation options.  That is the company i am going to use for my wedding in September! They are located in East Hanover so that isn't too far from Lake Valhalla Club
  • @chris426 Thanks so much! I will definitely look into them!

• I am going to visit next week and was wondering if anyone was able to negotiate? So far I keep going back and forth between places. Has anyone seen this venue yet? What room is the cocktail hour in?
    Thanks so much!
  • LVC brides past, present and future: who did/will you use as a DJ? There are so many options out there, and I would feel comfortable using someone who is familiar with the Lake Valhalla Club.  Also, any thoughts on if uplighting is needed? I am going for a very soft, natural look, so I don't know if uplighting makes sense.  Any input would be great!
  • I had my wedding at LVC in October 2013.  We used Premium Entertainment from Butler, NJ (http://www.premiumdj.com/).  They have very reasonable prices for the area. 

We didn't do any uplighting...I didn't think it would be necessary.  The lighting in the venue is already soft and compliments the interior very well. 

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @shannyb41 Thanks for the referral! I reached out to them, and am just waiting to hear back.

Also, did anyone decorate the tent at all for the cocktail hour?  I'm trying to decide if I should get some of those paper lanterns or tissue pom-poms to spruce it up!

Let me know if anyone has any ideas!

Thanks!
  • @Kryan816 - the tent was actually mostly decorated for my event.  Honestly though, I don't know if it's something worth doing.  It looked cool but I don't know that it was necessary.
    They always have regular lanterns and stuff in there.

Here is the tent at my reception.  The pink paper lanterns were there already.  I actually thought they would be taken down prior to my event since there was not a stitch of pink anywhere with my decorations lol.  Nobody even noticed.  The other stuff is always there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @shannyb41 Thanks for sharing your info and the picture of the tent....I'm getting married at LVC April 2015. I love this venue!!! 
  • @shannyb41 Thank you so much! I'll think about it, I guess.. @dee613 I am also getting married in April 2015, and I'm not sure how cold it will be, and how much guest will be using the tent! 

Thanks again, everyone! I am SURE I will have many more questions!
  • It was pretty chilly the night of my wedding (October 19th) and people were still out there all night.  You'd be surprised!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kryan816 Perry told me they have a heater for it if it's cold out so cold or warm I think people will definitely be out there. 
  • @dee613 Good to know!! I hadn't even thought about asking him about that.  I might be bugging you more for LVC information! What day are you getting married?

@shannyb41 Did LVC also put out the little vases on the tables in the tent, or did you/your florist supply them?
  • @kryan816 We're getting married on 4-11-15 :) How about u? Ask away!! I'm sure I'll be asking you questions too!! lol
  • @kryan816 the only decorations I provided were the centerpieces.  They took care of everything else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards