Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Direy and ahhhitsshannyn,

Come sit next to me.
Bi-oh-rama
Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
"The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

Re: Direy and ahhhitsshannyn,

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Gladly! 

I feel so special now, I was always the geeky kid that sat in the back of the lunchroom, haha... :)

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Girl, please.  You know I'M the girl who eats lunch in the big stall in the bathroom.
    Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    Our bathrooms were too far away from the cafeteria.
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, you are invited to join me and I will provide bologna sandwiches and capri suns.
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    I'll bring the fruit roll-ups!
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the excitement has died down.  I wish I got here sooner. Drama on my local.  I've been dying for months for this and now it's over.

Boo hoo.
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm butting in ... I'm gonna need deets or a link. Somethin'!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_direy-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ce33ff0f-4c0e-4497-bd0c-c72aceaf13cdPost:815e0d1f-1683-4f3f-b7eb-6ea9326c1fa8">Re: Direy and ahhhitsshannyn,</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your wish.... <a rel="nofollow" href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_please-ladies">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_please-ladies</a>
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

We've been seeing a lot of that lately, people not wanting to host a dinner. And wth wiwicaty? Freaks, really?

ETA: and by dinner I mean some type of reception with food.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    sarahtortsarahtort member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn;t do nothin and I am a great hostess, 16,000 dollars worth of a good hostess food and drink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_direy-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ce33ff0f-4c0e-4497-bd0c-c72aceaf13cdPost:abd91462-0979-47f6-a7e5-6375dffd4556">Re: Direy and ahhhitsshannyn,</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn;t do nothin and I am a great hostess, 16,000 dollars worth of a good hostess food and drink
    Posted by sarahtort[/QUOTE]

Whachoo talkin' bout, Willis? No one even said anything to you or about you.  Also, I couldn't care less about your budget.  Good hosting has nothing to do with budget.  You can be a good hostess on a shoestring.
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Butting in too, just read the thread. I need to be on TK more often these days! Where are these girls coming from lately? I really don't get where they get the idea of inviting and not hosting. I miss drama, too bad I missed out! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_direy-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ce33ff0f-4c0e-4497-bd0c-c72aceaf13cdPost:abd91462-0979-47f6-a7e5-6375dffd4556">Re: Direy and ahhhitsshannyn,</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn;t do nothin and I am a great hostess, 16,000 dollars worth of a good hostess food and drink
    Posted by sarahtort[/QUOTE]

This doesn't make any sense.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_direy-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ce33ff0f-4c0e-4497-bd0c-c72aceaf13cdPost:b10378cd-2d03-4768-a398-8012716d7560">Re: Direy and ahhhitsshannyn,</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Direy and ahhhitsshannyn, : We've been seeing a lot of that lately, people not wanting to host a dinner. And wth wiwicaty? Freaks, really? ETA: and by dinner I mean some type of reception with food.
    Posted by ebonyivory10[/QUOTE]

I'm a freak-a-holic. 

(sorry...I'm guessing I am the only one who will get this reference.  Young people!  ::shakes fist::)
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_direy-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ce33ff0f-4c0e-4497-bd0c-c72aceaf13cdPost:fe90ac25-695a-4658-9cea-913d8c746d0c">Re: Direy and ahhhitsshannyn,</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Direy and ahhhitsshannyn, : I'm a freak-a-holic.  (sorry...I'm guessing I am the only one who will get this reference.  Young people!  ::shakes fist::)

Butting in..This is funny!!! 

Hopefully they can figure it out or have no guests at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_direy-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ce33ff0f-4c0e-4497-bd0c-c72aceaf13cdPost:fe90ac25-695a-4658-9cea-913d8c746d0c">Re: Direy and ahhhitsshannyn,</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Direy and ahhhitsshannyn, : I'm a freak-a-holic.  (sorry...I'm guessing I am the only one who will get this reference.  Young people!  ::shakes fist::)

Tell 'em what I am!   LOL   I wasn't around when the Egyptian Lover made his way onto the scene, but I believe my mom or sister had an old cassette tape that we danced around the living room to.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_direy-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ce33ff0f-4c0e-4497-bd0c-c72aceaf13cdPost:f5ef8989-854c-433d-a9d3-e09ae01d1848">Re: Direy and ahhhitsshannyn,</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Direy and ahhhitsshannyn, : Tell 'em what I am!   LOL   I wasn't around when the Egyptian Lover made his way onto the scene, but I believe my mom or sister had an old cassette tape that we danced around the living room to.
    Posted by ebonyivory10[/QUOTE]

At first I loved you.

Then I hated you by the end of the post.

I saw the Egyptian Lover perform at the club I worked at when I was in high school.  I even got some free records.  Yes, RECORDS.

::goes back to rocking chair::
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LMAO smokey!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a cassette tape of them as well (but then I am pretty sure I am as ancient as you!). I haven't listened to them in soo long I think at university was the last time.

And No Fair I also miss everyting damn international timelines.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AWWW MANNN I MISSED IT ALL!!!!!!! DANG IT!!!! But I do love the dramz... :D

I do not where these ladies have been and why we are getting so many. THEY'RE FREAKS!!
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    It's ok j_jaye, looks like there's still some more drama to be had...
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does this mean I have friends now?? Pretty please!!?
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    Only if you bring snack packs.
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have got plenty, I always use them to bribe people to sit next to me :)
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    Perfect, you're in.
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I go to work for 8 hours and shiiiiit hits the fan huh?? Damn!

I wanna hang out with you ladies....the too school for cool gang : )

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_direy-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ce33ff0f-4c0e-4497-bd0c-c72aceaf13cdPost:fe03956f-a342-4653-9c2e-fc97a534a2f3">Re: Direy and ahhhitsshannyn,</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Direy and ahhhitsshannyn, : Whachoo talkin' bout, Willis? No one even said anything to you or about you.  Also, I couldn't care less about your budget. <strong> Good hosting has nothing to do with budget</strong>.  You can be a good hostess on a shoestring.

SOOOO true!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

WOW!  So I guess we are not grown enough to discuss me to me.  Let me tell you where I come from, I am a grown woman who is defending your country and trying to afford to have a wedding on the little bit of pay I get.  I am shocked at the way YOU women act.  I thought a forum like this would be to support each other but obvously not. Women are such judgemental creatures and you woman take the cake.  Really ladies???

Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, we did discuss you in your thread, but you are not alone in your philosophy about not hosting your guests but inviting them to your wedding.  This has been an ongoing discussion for some time.

While I appreciate your throwing down the I'm in the military card, that and your budget have nothing to do with my issue (I will not speak for the others).  I believe that if you are going to invite guests to your wedding that you properly receive them.  If you cannot afford to do it in it's current plan, then you have some options.  You can do as I did and wait to get married.  My FI and I have been together for going on 7 years and we waited until we were in a place financially to host a reception for our guests that we could afford but was still what we wanted.  Another option is to scale back, don't do a DW, be married at home and DIY much of your wedding.  The final option is to not invite guests to your elopement.  If they crash, they crash.

There are women on this site who make tiny budgets work.  My sister was married and hosted a reception for under $5K.  Some people don't even have that.  A girlfriend is getting married in a home in northern CA with most of the family catering.  There ARE options to have a wedding AND a reception.  The "judging" is for the poor etiquette that you are exhibiting.  The "it's my day and I don't care if it's bad etiquette" attidude is what the women are judging. 

There are many ways to get married and receive your guests, but inviting people (and you ARE inviting people) to a destination wedding and then not feeding said people is in poor taste.  Also, I bet you will find more than one military bride working on her wedding here or over on the military board.  However, I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone that agrees that inviting people to your wedding and expecting them to pay for their meals at the reception is a good idea.

Personally, I took the thread off line because I didn't want it to turn into a direct attack on you and just leave it vague since we have been having this conversation for a while.  Also, there was another comment about us freaks that I thought should be taken into a new thread too.  You don't have to agree with me.  I don't have to agree with you.

I do hope you will reconsider and find a way to host something, however small for your guests.  Perhaps you can do a cheaper ceremony to cut some corners.  There are other ways to manage it as well and there are many women here who will help you with that.  IF you should choose to decide to figure out how to host your guests on a shoestring budget.
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, my head is starting to hurt. Time for bed!!! Goodnight everyone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards