Plus-Sized
Options

**DJ**

Re: **DJ**

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:0a948f7c-8034-4af8-b3e7-df30894a2700">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** :   I was so excited to find a place where I could discuss issues that size 4 brides didn't have that I had: Finding a dress, hiding my stretch marks, buying lingerie in my size, dealing with critical relatives or people asking "how much weight do you intend to lose before the wedding" 
    Posted by i2012do[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>My wedding dress was a size four and I dealt with all that stuff too. </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    I think you PS regulars are missing the point.  You have a problem on your board causing the drama and she seems to be who you favor the most.  I'm out of here, do with it what you will, but I was tired of seeing Amethyst post with her passive aggressive bs time and time again and nobody have the balls to tell her to get over herself.  

So I came, I saw, I conquered.  She came, read and bowed out without even acknowledging me, even though she feels it's ok to call everyone else and their momma out about things.  

If you guys are happy with someone like that who will probably do the same thing to you one day.  Awesome.  

peace out.  Enjoy your drama free drama board.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:0a948f7c-8034-4af8-b3e7-df30894a2700">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : I have to say I have been silently reading this post and a few others. and i am sorry. someone posted that no one here "knew" each other and that was the problem. A lot of these girls on this board and girls that came from other boards a month or so ago when PS was established. who were regular posters elsewhere but finally felt like they had a place to go with issues on things that other posters could relate to. We were in the PROCESS of getting to know one another- and sh!t kind of hit the fan. I hate that there is such drama. I was so excited to find a place where I could discuss issues that size 4 brides didn't have that I had: Finding a dress, hiding my stretch marks, buying lingerie in my size, dealing with critical relatives or people asking "how much weight do you intend to lose before the wedding" i was really struggling with being plus size. As my entire life I was a size 8 up until two years ago, when a myriad of things happened and I gained a lot of weight. I have to say the girls on this board offered unending support and actually reading their posts GAVE ME the courage to actually go dress shopping and feel like a "bride" I hate to say it and be cliche- but it seems like at this time of year,more so than ever, maybe we should just put the BS aside. and lets the PS girls have their board- and welcome who they want to put welcome posts to. It doesn't mean they are an "ambassador", let us put up posts that say "happy Thursday" because we want to- without having to wait for our moderator, let us "get to know" one another- since someone pointed out the reason we are failing and having trolls is because we haven't done that. And I have to say I won't harp on this. But I disagree. If this board was "girls with moles on their faces' we would have trolls. The simple name of it being plus size- leads to people THINKING there is something wrong with us do to our physical appearance- which has been proven in posts that have occured on this board. I really wish we could stop all the mod- non- mod nonesense. First of all, I'd like to stand up for Amethyst. On DAY ONE of the plus size board we were talking about mods. And don't quote me on this, but she totally said something like "that;s a job I'd never want" Don't confuse people being friendly and nice with being an "ambassador" I mean really girls. Can we get back to reality? This is an ONLINE- message forum. This isn't our jobs, or our families or anything beyond that. It is AWESOME to make friends and have GTG's and form friendships from a forum-= but at the end of the day- those friendships are treasured entities that are separate from the online world- they are PERSONAL relationships.  Let's just all get back to posting about our annoying FMIL, our garter belts, and our chivari chairs-- shall we?
    Posted by i2012do[/QUOTE]

very well said! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:4525f50d-df58-4b3f-9ad3-517b23053543">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : My wedding dress was a size four and I dealt with all that stuff too. 
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

really??? they didn't have dresses in your size to try?? that is odd...
  • Options
    Okay, I have stayed out of all the drama, because honestly, I think it's silly.  But I just want to say one thing (that I will probably get flamed for, but whatever)....

How does ANY of this make sense?  From what I'm reading, people are being bullys to people because they are being bullys.  So basically, everyone is being a bully.  There's no point.  This board was made for entertainment, and that's all.  There should be a "I like drama for entertainment purposes" board, and then all this bullshit would make sense.  This board was made for brides who are looking for others who understand them, and are in the same type of situation. THATS ALL.  The rest of this is pointless.  If you have a problem with someone, and you publically call them out on it, you are asking for drama, therefore you are part of the problem.  You don't know these people, you most likely will never meet them IRL, so IGNORE IT.  If you don't like what someone is saying, then there's a little red box with an x in the corner of your scree - push that and move on. 

All this drama is absolutely pointless and if everyone just either dealt with thier problems in PMs, or just ignored it, this board could be a happy place.  There are a ton of other threads of girls who are looking for help, or want to share their happiness - those are the ones that everyone should be paying attention to, not the stupid, pointless drama.  You shouldn't let what someone - on a message board!- says to you bother you so much that you spend your whole day arguing about it. 

Like I said, I may get flamed for it, but I just don't understand.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:3696fdb1-fcc9-4e0b-b7ca-a412dd17e19f">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you PS regulars are missing the point.  You have a problem on your board causing the drama and she seems to be who you favor the most.  I'm out of here, do with it what you will, but I was tired of seeing Amethyst post with her passive aggressive bs time and time again and nobody have the balls to tell her to get over herself.   So I came, I saw, I conquered.  She came, read and bowed out without even acknowledging me, even though she feels it's ok to call everyone else and their momma out about things.   If you guys are happy with someone like that who will probably do the same thing to you one day.  Awesome.   peace out.  Enjoy your drama free drama board.  
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't think the girls are missing the point. I think the point is that most of the regulars don't have a problem with Amethyst.</div><div>Everyone is coming on here telling us why we should be so angry with her and why we should be upset with her and that we don't ahve the balls to stand up to  her. In reality- maybe I don't come on here enough- but I never ever had a problem with her!</div>
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:3696fdb1-fcc9-4e0b-b7ca-a412dd17e19f">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you PS regulars are missing the point.  You have a problem on your board causing the drama and she seems to be who you favor the most.  I'm out of here, do with it what you will, but I was tired of seeing Amethyst post with her passive aggressive bs time and time again and nobody have the balls to tell her to get over herself.   So I came, I saw, I conquered.  She came, read and bowed out without even acknowledging me, even though she feels it's ok to call everyone else and their momma out about things.   If you guys are happy with someone like that who will probably do the same thing to you one day.  Awesome.   <strong>peace out</strong>.  Enjoy your drama free drama board.  

goodbye!  glad you feel your "call to duty" is over. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:0c342f13-b9e9-489d-9c21-9b92b3f233bb">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : really??? they didn't have dresses in your size to try?? that is odd...
    Posted by km2124[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow that was a really bitchy thing to say.  Kick rocks.  It's obvious you are missing the point.  You're too busy thinking people are judging you for being overweight when the entire time you're judging someone for not being overweight.  You suck.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:0c342f13-b9e9-489d-9c21-9b92b3f233bb">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : really??? they didn't have dresses in your size to try?? that is odd...
    Posted by km2124[/QUOTE]

Is it odd?  It's really not.  No, most samples don't come in a size 4.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:635119c3-90e6-414f-9ff0-eeb6dff25da7">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : goodbye!  glad you feel your "call to duty" is over. 
    Posted by km2124[/QUOTE]

<div>Seriously shut the fuuck up.  I'm sticking around now.  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:8438e498-2f5a-4bb7-9db4-fecbced0f607">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, I have stayed out of all the drama, because honestly, I think it's silly.  But I just want to say one thing (that I will probably get flamed for, but whatever).... How does ANY of this make sense?  From what I'm reading, people are being bullys to people because they are being bullys.  So basically, everyone is being a bully.  There's no point.  This board was made for entertainment, and that's all.  There should be a "I like drama for entertainment purposes" board, and then all this bullshit would make sense.  This board was made for brides who are looking for others who understand them, and are in the same type of situation. THATS ALL.  The rest of this is pointless.  If you have a problem with someone, and you publically call them out on it, you are asking for drama, therefore you are part of the problem.  You don't know these people, you most likely will never meet them IRL, so IGNORE IT.  If you don't like what someone is saying, then there's a little red box with an x in the corner of your scree - push that and move on.  All this drama is absolutely pointless and if everyone just either dealt with thier problems in PMs, or just ignored it, this board could be a happy place.  There are a ton of other threads of girls who are looking for help, or want to share their happiness - those are the ones that everyone should be paying attention to, not the stupid, pointless drama.  You shouldn't let what someone - on a message board!- says to you bother you so much that you spend your whole day arguing about it.  Like I said, I may get flamed for it, but I just don't understand.
    Posted by kwrecks[/QUOTE]

<div>amen! this is so true. I just want to get back to talking about dessert tables vs. three tiered cakes!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:635119c3-90e6-414f-9ff0-eeb6dff25da7">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : goodbye!  glad you feel your "call to duty" is over. 
    Posted by km2124[/QUOTE]

Heh, you said duty.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:3e4658be-e936-4d71-973b-b9d1b2c8fcc2">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : Seriously shut the fuuck up.  I'm sticking around now.  

oh that is mature...
  • Options
    This board really is a board of wet blankets. There has to be a poster out there that isn't going to spend 20 minutes angrily slamming away at their keyboard spewing the same bull that the last 5 other posters said.

Oh well. Have fun with kendall pretending to be other people. Or something like that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:ae704414-2dd1-469c-869d-66c117565b2a">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : oh that is mature...
    Posted by km2124[/QUOTE]

<div>Kind of like you and your ridiculous comments to anna.  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:0c342f13-b9e9-489d-9c21-9b92b3f233bb">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    Posted by km2124[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>No, they did not have dresses to try on in my size. I went to the store, tried on samples not in my size that got clamped to make them look somewhat normal, ordered what I thought was my size blindly, and then had the dress altered to fit. Like almost every single other bride in the history of the universe. 

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:1cfe0a4b-52fd-4006-9a59-47fa5436c592">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : amen! this is so true. I just want to get back to talking about dessert tables vs. three tiered cakes!

I know this is a hard concept, so I will try to explain slowly.

If you didn't enjoy the drama, you wouldn't have looked.

...But you did, and you keep posting.  Long winded ones at that.

.........And yet, you say "stop the drama!"

I know, it's like a trainwreck... you can't look away.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:686ce755-8ee3-4f2a-9687-9a0e2d52912f">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : Wow that was a really bitchy thing to say.  Kick rocks.  It's obvious you are missing the point.  You're too busy thinking people are judging you for being overweight when the entire time you're judging someone for not being overweight.  You suck.

<div>I think her point is most of us didn't get to try on dresses unless we went to "special" stores that had extended sizes.</div><div>until you are in that situation, you can not understand how utterly humiliating it is.</div><div>
    </div><div>And yes, if you are a size 4 their may not be a dress in your size- because it is too big and must be clipped.</div><div>
    </div><div>i think most women would agree they;d rather have something LOOSE and have to be clipped then not be able to pull it over their hips without sweating and wiggling andfeeling embarassed inf ront of a total stranger at a dress boutique.</div><div>There were some stores i could not even GO to because they didin't have samples larger than size 10 and 12s.</div><div>
    </div><div>I don'tthink until you know HOW that feels, anyone can comment.</div><div>
    </div><div>No one is making fun of people for being underweight</div><div>this isnt a plus size vs. non-plus size battle.</div><div>we are all women!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:ea2de03b-5c73-4a61-a9d9-523b7ab73986">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : Heh, you said duty.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

<div>YGPM!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:cc145996-b500-4f1a-955b-32dfe85db5a0">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]so here is the thing... you ladies may "lurk" but you never have anything to say unless YOU feel like there is drama.  How about either contributing (in a positive fashion) or staying out of it.  I am sure you all have something better to do than to pick on people you don't even know.  Now, I am sure you will find a million reasons to attack me (fine - whatever) but really... what good are you trying to accomplish?
    Posted by km2124[/QUOTE]

Uuuuuuh.  Okay, Mom.

Btw, DJ, you are a foffing saint for putting up with all this entirely dramatic and completely stupid garbage.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:1305f301-d289-4cf9-b1c0-e7c75794533f">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : No, they did not have dresses to try on in my size. I went to the store, tried on samples not in my size that got clamped to make them look somewhat normal, ordered what I thought was my size blindly, and then had the dress altered to fit. Like almost every single other bride in the history of the universe. 
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]
    Would you like a medal? Or a certificate? Or a cookie?
  • Options
    I'm not sure if you noticed my sig picture but I'm obviously not a sample size and know what it feels like to not fit into dresses at the bridal shop.  But please, continue to try to school me.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:df1a1302-2f79-4202-8298-214fbfc65fe7">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : YGPM!
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

I knew you'd come!

It's like saying Beetlejuice.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:cae014e7-ad5b-4fed-9b18-5c1fab21ccf2">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : I know this is a hard concept, so I will try to explain slowly. If you didn't enjoy the drama, you wouldn't have looked. ...But you did, and you keep posting.  Long winded ones at that. .........And yet, you say "stop the drama!" I know, it's like a trainwreck... you can't look away.

<div>I am here because I am tired of seeing it and i wish you girls would honsetly, let the board go back to where it was a month ago.</div><div>I know that I am getting flamed for writing posts- but i am not trying to enjoy the drama- i am just saying. I want things to be like they were.</div><div>
    </div><div>To be honest, i am trying to write these posts because I am actually upset about this whole situation and for someone on here that keeps getting flamed that actually has given me good advice and a luagh in the past.</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't udnerstand why you have to be so mean about it.</div><div>I wish that i could. But honestly, I have been on other boards posting and you have totally posted mean responses to my psts on there too - I remember your photo. So I don't think it matters what board it is, or who it is,</div><div>
    </div><div>but i for 1. and i know there are others would just like to go back to posting as we had without have threads with 98786 responses clogging up the board.</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:686ce755-8ee3-4f2a-9687-9a0e2d52912f">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : Wow that was a really bitchy thing to say.  Kick rocks.  It's obvious you are missing the point.  You're too busy thinking people are judging you for being overweight when the entire time you're judging someone for not being overweight.  You suck.

ummm no.. my point is, that you dont ever post unless there is drama. As a size 4, she was able to put a dress on and they clipped it.  Some people on this board aren't even able to put a dress on in some stores. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:98f33454-d391-4ad9-97ce-a54792076f54">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : I think her point is most of us didn't get to try on dresses unless we went to "special" stores that had extended sizes. until you are in that situation, you can not understand how utterly humiliating it is. And yes, if you are a size 4 their may not be a dress in your size- because it is too big and must be clipped. i think most women would agree they;d rather have something LOOSE and have to be clipped then not be able to pull it over their hips without sweating and wiggling andfeeling embarassed inf ront of a total stranger at a dress boutique. There were some stores i could not even GO to because they didin't have samples larger than size 10 and 12s. I don'tthink until you know HOW that feels, anyone can comment. No one is making fun of people for being underweight this isnt a plus size vs. non-plus size battle. <strong>we are all women!
    </strong>Posted by i2012do[/QUOTE]

not true.
  • Options
    Posted by km2124[/QUOTE]
    I didn't have a dress in my size to try on! Woot! I win! Oh, plus I have stretch marks, a gut and I'm tall. I was a 16 on my wedding day (I'm a 12/14 now, do I still get to play?). I think saying that your trials and tribulations of finding a wedding dress or hearing about losing weight before the wedding are harder b/c you're plus sized is rude to others who probably also had the same issue.<div>
    </div><div>I have a friend who just got married who is 5'2, 110 and has ENORMOUS boobs. She got the "How much weight are you losing before the wedding?!" questions too. AND she didn't have any dresses in her size. Her waist is a 2, her boobs required a 14. ALTERATIONS!</div><div>
    </div><div>Saying your life is harder b/c you're plus sized is kinda rude to others. And this is coming from a (FORMER! WOOT!) plus sized girl.</div>
  • Options
    My opinion of this board has completely changed. WHERE IS HABS???
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:98f33454-d391-4ad9-97ce-a54792076f54">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : I think her point is most of us didn't get to try on dresses unless we went to "special" stores that had extended sizes. until you are in that situation, you can not understand how utterly humiliating it is. And yes, if you are a size 4 their may not be a dress in your size- because it is too big and must be clipped. i think most women would agree they;d rather have something LOOSE and have to be clipped then not be able to pull it over their hips without sweating and wiggling andfeeling embarassed inf ront of a total stranger at a dress boutique. There were some stores i could not even GO to because they didin't have samples larger than size 10 and 12s. I don'tthink until you know HOW that feels, anyone can comment. No one is making fun of people for being underweight this isnt a plus size vs. non-plus size battle. we are all women!

O rly?

Well, this may be the first time ever (with the exception of a few crazies) that I've ever been called 'mean' on here... hopefully others can chime in here too.

But let's see it.. where was I mean to you?

ETA: Dang it - misquoted... but I still want proof of when I was mean to you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_dj-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1a215678-dc17-4fd1-bc9a-8a139791041dPost:0a06c7bd-0746-4a95-9d59-be3ab3955969">Re: **DJ**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **DJ** : I knew you'd come! It's like saying Beetlejuice.

<div>This ish is creepy. Back. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards