Maine

Am I behind?!

Hi Ladies, I'm starting to get nervous that I'm way behind in my planning.Wedding is June 2010 and we have our church and reception hall booked, BUT THATS IT!!  Should I start freaking out now??

Re: Am I behind?!

• edited December 2011
    No way! The place is the most important part for sure! But I would say that you should start researching photographers and entertainment, since those can book up fast. June is a very popular month -- our wedding is in June too, and we've found that some photographers, DJs and even bakeries are booked on our date already. But there are a ton of great vendors out there, so don't worry if a few are booked.I would suggest you start getting recommendations on photographers and seeing if they are open for your date. If you're having a DJ, you might want to start looking around for one of those as well.Ask around on the board for recommendations -- the girls here are fabulous!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    no.  You're good.  There are lists everywhere about what needs to be done when, I've followed my lists and found them very helpful.    Check out the one here on the knot, under "my knot" up above.  Do research on DJ's and photographers next, those are vendors that book quickly in Maine.  Ask here if you have any questions for recommendations, that's how I booked mine.
  • edited December 2011
    You've got the most important two items done, but pps are right-- if you want the best deals and your first (or second) choices for photographers and DJs, you want to get going on those vendors. I'm the one who posted the "you can never start too early" thread a few threads down, so you know I'm coming from the non-last-minute school of thought, but if you haven't gotten your budget worked out, I'd do that before you go much further. I found it extremely helpful to me because I really had to look and see what I could afford and therefore where I wanted to put the majority of my money. It really helped streamline my subsequent planning. Good luck!
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • edited December 2011
    Ive got the same two booked. I just started looking into DJ's and think I'm close to getting a dress. your good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    While you can't start planning too early, you should be fine! I got married in June and wasn't able to start planning or booking anything until last September. I didn't run into any major problems.
  • edited December 2011
    Your next focus should be other important vendors that need to be there (if you're having them).  Photographer and DJ/Band.  They book up fast!  I was so sad when I didn't get my desired photographer 15 months in advance of our wedding because she was already booked! 
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • kay0003kay0003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reassurance!  Its so overwhelming how much has to be planned
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards