Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Which vegetarian/vegan option would you prefer?

mintberrymintberry member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
Hi all! I get to choose one vegetarian or vegan option for my entree selections, and I am having a hard time choosing which would please the most people. I would appreciate your opinion! FWIW, I'm *pretty* sure there are no vegans coming and only a few vegetarians. Of course even if I choose a non-vegan dish I would accommodate any vegans on a case by case basis. Thanks a lot!

Which vegetarian/vegan option would you prefer? 67 votes

Seasonal vegetable primavera in a light alfredo sauce tossed with farfalle pasta and topped with shaved cheese
13% 9 votes
Grilled vegetables napoleon style with mozzarella cheese and balsamic reduction
11% 8 votes
Three cheese ravioli tossed in a fire roasted pomodoro sauce
26% 18 votes
Seasonal veggie stir-fry with fried rice (this can also be made vegan)
5% 4 votes
Stuffed Zucchini with assorted vegetables finished off with a roasted tomato compote
8% 6 votes
Vegan: Vegetable stuffed peppers, seasonal blend of veggies tossed with lentils and toasted oats and finished off with a drizzle of truffle oil
16% 11 votes
Vegan: Wild mushroom stroganoff, a mixture of wild mushrooms tossed in light vegetable broth served over whole wheat penne
16% 11 votes

Re: Which vegetarian/vegan option would you prefer?

• Options
    I would like either the 1st or 3rd option.
  • Options
    I voted for the stuffed peppers, because I like the lentils for some protein.  I also wouldn't make mushrooms the one vegetarian option since some people really dislike them--I personally like them a lot, but some vegetarians I know cannot stand them.  
  • Options
    The only thing I like on that menu is the ravioli. I'm a freakishly picky eater, though. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I'm not a vegetarian, but I would be happy to eat any of those options.  I agree with PPs that both mushrooms and bell peppers are foods that people generally have strong feelings about one way or the other.
  • Options
    kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I'm vegetarian (leaning vegan) and they all look good to me, especially the last three options!
  • Options
    Check for mushroom allergies.  They are quite common.They all sound good.  Try them yourself to be sure first.
  • Options
    I am a vegetarian and I voted for the stuffed bell peppers. Although the raviolis sound delicious, it would be nice to see something different as raviolis are the usual "go-to" veggie dish
  • Options
    I don't actually like mushrooms, but the stroganoff sounds delicious.  Odd, I know.  I'm the same way with seafood.  I hate it. Gross.  Ew. Makes me uncomfortable thinking about it.  But I can acknowledge when something sounds really look for someone who likes seafood.  As for me? I'm lactose intolerant, so I'd probably want the stir fry.
  • Options
    I'm vegan. The stroganoff sounds delicious. None of the other options really sound great (unless you make a vegan version of the ravioli.) But none sounded bad either.

Also, for extra brownie points, if you can afford to provide your vegan guests a dessert option, or even have part or all of your cake be vegan, that would probably light up the evening for them, since people tend to forget about us when it comes to dessert.
    "I wish yo azz all tha dopest up in yo' marriages"
  • Options
    As a vegan myself I think the first of the vegan options would be more appealing to most. While many vegetarians and vegans love mushrooms, a lot also hate them and with a dish like that you can't just pick them out.

ALso, if you have both vegan and vegetarian guests and want options for both, you might be better off doing two vegan options instead of a vegan and a vegetarian. Vegetarians can eat vegan food (and usually like it very much), so that way everyone involved is more likely to be happy.
  • Options
    They all sound good to me. I know the ravioli is a crowd pleaser and non vegetarian guests might pick that, but it is my least favorite. As a health conscious vegetarian, I try not to just eat carbs and cheese, but hey, it's just one meal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards