Chit Chat

Photography edits

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for photographers or graphic designers that are affordable? I am looking for someone to edit the background of my photos, so basically some of the pictures with the bridesmaids are in an ugly dressing room and I want to edit them to be in our chapel area instead. Let me know if you have any recommendations. Thanks!

Re: Photography edits

• It's my decision. I don't care if you think it's strange...we had an outstandingly beautiful place we stood to take portraits and my mother and I both agree it would be nice to have pictures of the maids there. I'm not looking for opinions on if you agree with it or not, just simply if you have a recommendation. Thanks! 
  • I wasn't thinking of it during that time! I know I should have probably given some instructions to my photographer, but that didn't happen. I don't think it should be that incredibly difficult to put a different background in today's age of advancement in photography but I don't know much about photography so was wondering if other brides had any recommendations in this area. 
  • Perhaps the photographer could blur out the background or something instead of pasting everyone over another backdrop. Photoshop filters do wonders, you know. If you find someone who's really good at editing photos, ask him/her what kind of options are available.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Can you post a picture of what you have? I can promise it's much more difficult than you think. The lighting in the two locations will be different therefore the end result will be funny lit people on a weird, in focus background. I am not saying this to be mean, I really think the before picture would be better
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Once again I am not looking for opinions on if you think it is a good idea, I am simply looking for recommendations on if you have a photographer or graphic designer I could consult with. Thanks! 
  • I think this is very weird. Why would you want fake pictures? 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Exactly what linger said. It won't work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Exactly what linger said. It won't work.
    Oh, let her do what she wants. It will look like crap but she won't believe us until she sees it for herself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going to take an educated guess and say that if it is possible for this idea to look good in the photo, it's going to take a pretty penny. Photoshopping - and doing a good job at it - takes a long time. You'll be paying for that time. Have the photographer blur the background or something instead.
  • Wow, you people seem to have too much time on your hands :) I was simply asking for a recommendation. I'll wait and see if anyone else is actually helpful on here, if not then just delete this thread. Hope you guys find something more productive to do with your day. 
  • @AddieL73 you just made my day.  Thanks!!  :D

• I don't think you'll be able to find someone "affordable" to do this. Changing the location of a background of erasing entire sections of a photo takes many hours (and that's for one photo). Most graphic designers or photographers charge by the hour.
  • Oh, in addition to what Pele said, you got an actual photographer's recommendation as well. I guess you skipped right over that. 
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

I think asking your actual wedding photographer to do this would be insulting to them and their work. It's not their fault that you think the dressing room is "ugly".

• How do we have too much time on our hands? Because we're responding to a post YOU made on a messageboard? Pot, meet kettle. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • @starfish320, you could just google photographers in your area... Ask for examples to see if anyone has done such a thing. The lighting issue is going to make it very difficult for this to happen without your pictures looking like a scene from Alice in Wonderland.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am new to this and posted when I had a free hour and had a question. You on the other hand incessantly posting replies with an attacking undertone implies you have time on your hands and nothing better to do with your day.  Most of you seem to have a very strong opinion about this when I wasn't asking for opinions, but fine. If this really "made your day," how sad!  Have a nice day! 
  • @starfish320, you could just google photographers in your area... Ask for examples to see if anyone has done such a thing. The lighting issue is going to make it very difficult for this to happen without your pictures looking like a scene from Alice in Wonderland.

If you go through with this please please please look over your contract. Your pictures belong to your photographer. They are basically on loan to you. You can't just re-edit them without permission

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am new to this and posted when I had a free hour and had a question. You on the other hand incessantly posting replies with an attacking undertone implies you have time on your hands and nothing better to do with your day.  Most of you seem to have a very strong opinion about this when I wasn't asking for opinions, but fine. If this really "made your day," how sad!  Have a nice day!

I didn't reply with an attacking undertone, I just didn't want you to waste money on something that wont matter in a few months. 
  • To be fair I do have a lot of time on my hands.  I wouldn't say it's "too much," however.
    True. Same is true for me. I make no secret of that, so I don't know why newbs think it insults me when they say I'm on here too much. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards