Chit Chat

Photography edits

Re: Photography edits

• @starfish320, you could just google photographers in your area... Ask for examples to see if anyone has done such a thing. The lighting issue is going to make it very difficult for this to happen without your pictures looking like a scene from Alice in Wonderland.
    If you go through with this please please please look over your contract. Your pictures belong to your photographer. They are basically on loan to you. You can't just re-edit them without permission
    I hadn't thought of this! This is a very good point. You should def contact your photographer and be sure you're not breaking the law before chopping the pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The time had passed. You didn't get the picture you wanted and that's unfortunate. I didn't get a photo of dh and I showcasing our rings. I'm not going to take a picture and edit our wedding attire on. It didn't happen, plain and simple
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No they are just pictures of me standing with the girls. We don't think it would look odd because there are a couple other photos of us in the other location, but literally just a couple. It was a pretty dressing room actually, but the way the photographer took the picture you wouldn't be able to tell. People's stuff is spread out everywhere in the background...so you think the photographer would have at least picked up around the area before taking the picture. Yes I know I could have been more forward with the expectations from the beginning, but as a naive bride that didn't happen. In conclusion from these posts I am getting that it would be easier to just edit the other stuff out of the background or do some type of special effects with the current background to clean it up and make it look better. I could try that instead. 

• No they are just pictures of me standing with the girls. We don't think it would look odd because there are a couple other photos of us in the other location, but literally just a couple. It was a pretty dressing room actually, but the way the photographer took the picture you wouldn't be able to tell. People's stuff is spread out everywhere in the background...so you think the photographer would have at least picked up around the area before taking the picture. Yes I know I could have been more forward with the expectations from the beginning, but as a naive bride that didn't happen. In conclusion from these posts I am getting that it would be easier to just edit the other stuff out of the background or do some type of special effects with the current background to clean it up and make it look better. I could try that instead. 
    I still don't get it. They will be fake pictures, not pics of things that actually occurred on your wedding day. Why do you want this?

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

I would def do that, but be sure you check with your photographer, as copyright laws are a pretty big deal. You don't want to end up with a lawsuit on your hands.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wait, you want the photographer to pick up your mess in the dressing room? I understand that photographers need to be aware of their background and foreground but that seems like taking it too far. I really wouldn't worry about it. You won't really print wall hanging pictures of these photos anyway.
  • Isn't that more your opinion?  I don't consider it fake when everything about the picture is still a part of the wedding day. Photoshopping us onto the Eiffel tower would be fake. 

Or you could just be happy with the photos you have since they document your actual wedding day and the events leading up to the time before you walked down the aisle.

I don't see what's wrong with stuff being spread out in the background...isn't that part of the moment? And correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure it's the photographer's job to pick up after you ladies to take a photo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Okay, I tried to be nice. You're posting in a public forum. If you like the responses or not, people are still allowed to post them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think a professional photographer should be smart about creating good backgrounds in photos since we are paying them. I think I am done with this discussion...it's not going anywhere and everything keeps getting twisted around with what I am saying. 
  • Wait, now you think the photographer should have tidied up your mess before taking pictures? And yes, it's my opinion that the pics will be fakes b/c they will have been altered. The clutter was there when the pics were taken. Clutter happened. You're trying to pretend it wasn't. And I just don't get WHY THIS MATTERS. Do you not have any other pics of your bridesmaids or something?  How many do you need?

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Why would it be the photographer's duty to clean up the area where the picture is? No photographer I have ever known would do this. If you wanted the pictures there, you should have been the one to clean up the area.

OP, think about it..in the grand scheme of things, does this even really matter? Why even waste money on it when it wont matter in the future? You got your pics with your girls, who cares about what the background looks like?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also think this is weird. Your wedding day happened as it did and where it did and you were happy with it. I don't understand wanting to alter the recorded memory of it. 

When you find someone to do this, please let us know their contact info. We can use it to help future brides who complain about certain people attending their wedding because they don't want to see them in the photos.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• I think a professional photographer should be smart about creating good backgrounds in photos since we are paying them. I think I am done with this discussion...it's not going anywhere and everything keeps getting twisted around with what I am saying. 
    We aren't twisting your words around; people are trying to understand what your issue really is. 

Can you go back to your original photographer and ask if he/she can mess with lighting to maybe blur the stuff in the background out?

Though again, I have to be honest, these pictures will not matter to you in the future unless you make an ordeal over them. 
  • I actually think you'll have better luck talking to your original photographer asking her to edit out some of the objects.

No, unless you're getting them taken at the photographer's studio, that's more your responsibility.

"Twisted around"? I think we're all reading pretty loud and clear that you're missing the whole point of prep photos, which is to capture a special moment. Sometimes special moments involve a little bit of clutter...so what. Maybe you should have had them taken at a glamour photography studio if you want the backdrop to look pristine. If I were your photographer and knew that you felt this way, I'd be pretty offended. Yes, I understand these were photos of YOUR day, but I'm sure the photographer worked hard to document it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

FWIW, I just dug up my "getting ready" pictures because I was curious how much "ugly stuff" was in them. I've maybe looked at them three times in 10 months.

Guess what? There's all kinds of "stuff" in the background. Even a garbage can and recycling bin. ZOMG.

Photoshop here I come! Gotta make my church's brides room look like the Park Plaza!

No.  Actually, one would think YOU would have picked up around the area before she started taking pics.  Your photographer, is a photographer -- NOT your personal assistant/housekeeper.  Sorry, try again.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Goodness! I appreciate the opinions, but this is really not what I am looking for. We made the decision to give this a try without your opinions. I was not happy with out photographer for many things done that day, but this is one thing we really thought could have been better, end of story. We will ask around for photographer recommendations on what they can do to help us in a different venue than this message board. If anyone by chance does have a recommendation, just send me a private message instead. Thanks! 
  • Tarra, can you make me married to a Muppet Overlord in one of my wedding pics, please? 

• I got flagged. Really?! *snicker*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • itzMS said:

I think asking your actual wedding photographer to do this would be insulting to them and their work. It's not their fault that you think the dressing room is "ugly".

A-freaking-MEN.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Goodness! I appreciate the opinions, but this is really not what I am looking for. We made the decision to give this a try without your opinions. I was not happy with out photographer for many things done that day, but this is one thing we really thought could have been better, end of story. We will ask around for photographer recommendations on what they can do to help us in a different venue than this message board. If anyone by chance does have a recommendation, just send me a private message instead. Thanks! 
    You need to check your contract. You probably do not own your wedding photos - your photographer does. Changing your original photos could be a copyright violation - aka, illegal. 
    Hey, you want recommendations, you might get some opinions thrown in there too. Three pages worth of replies should tell you something, but oh well. Guess my prep photos are going to look just horrendous because of garment bags and makeup and hair products sitting in the background. Oh dear, whatever shall I do.

Buh-bye now, OP. I hope you get this dressing room photo enlarged to poster size and framed, because you sure have made enough of a fuss over it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What if you pay your photographer to go back to the venue on a Wednesday when no one's there and take photos of the pristine room and then insert your bodies into that photo?

If you want to improve other memories, skip photo shopping. You can save money by googling for high quality images from other peoples weddings so that you can remember better food, perfect nails, limos, a really active dance floor etc...
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• tarratall said:
    AddieL73 said:
    Tarra, can you make me married to a Muppet Overlord in one of my wedding pics, please? 

I can, but I charge in cases of Red Bull.
    Do you accept tips in Vodka to go with your Red Bull?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards