Snarky Brides

Words You Hate

I have irrational stabbiness towards several words. These just really grate on my nerves for some unknown reason.

Koozie
Moist
Hubby

I'm not sure whether I should include rustic. I don't so much hate it as I'm just sick of it. 

Any words you hate for no good reason?

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

Re: Words You Hate

• I hate moist as well, Addie

Panties (Although I say pantylines with no problem. I think it's when it's alone that it bugs me?)
    Coochie (It took everything in me to type that word.)

• I used to hate panties, too, Swazzle, but then it just stopped bothering me. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Smoothness
    Taco meat (I know I know.. It's 2)
    Burgle
    *********************************************************************************

• I hate Moist as well....

Anniversary

• Moist
    Any legal term that my computer refuses to believe is spelled correctly (I'm currently studying for the bar exam).  The red squiggly lines make my eyes hurt, and I hate having to add words to Word's dictionary.  Unconscionability is the one that's been driving me bonkers recently. 
    Irregardless.  It's not a word!
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • wittykitty14wittykitty14 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2013

Addie-I also co-sign all the words you mentioned.  Oh and how about "the hubs", that's even worse!

I hate the word "literally", just because a lot of people over-use it, and don't use it properly.

Burlap, Tits, Apricot (and this is only because I can't pronounce the word properly unless I do it super slow.  I still can't figure out why this ONE word gives me issues).

Non-confrontational and non-committal.  Just hate it when people say those.

I'm sure there's more, I'll be back.....

Edited for clarity

• Not really a word but I cringe with people interchange "now" with "meow"

Cum grosses me out too

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @wittykitty14 - I also hate tits. And I always forget if it's ape-ricot or ap-ricot when you pronounce it so I try to never say that word hahaha

• I forgot one. Preggers. 

Yes, Kitty, any version of it! Hubs, Hubster. Blech.

• Swazzle said:
    @wittykitty14 - I also hate tits. And I always forget if it's ape-ricot or ap-ricot when you pronounce it so I try to never say that word hahaha

I pronounce it Ap-ri-crot.  I've added an extra "r" for years...
  • Hubby and preggers also bother me.

YES.  This one, big time.
  • Cunt
    Splooge (I don't know if it's in the dictionary, but stabby stabby stabby!)
    Bust

Wedding Countdown Ticker

YES.  This one, big time.
    I hate preggo/prego for pregnant.  I want to scream, "No, you are not spaghetti sauce!"

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• AddieL73 said:
    I forgot one. Preggers. 

Yes, Kitty, any version of it! Hubs, Hubster. Blech.

I hate that too.....

Anniversary

• Muffin.

and moist, which is apparently a commonly disliked word. Combine the two- *moist muffin*- and I shudder.

• FB just reminded me of another. Stinker. Someone I knew growing up called farts "stinkers" and it sounded so stupid to me. Now, I see people call their kids "Lil Stinker" all the time, and I hate it. 

• kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Along the Apricot line, I cannot properly prounounce Vietnamese to save my life. . . I always say viet-manese.  DH thinks it is hysterical.

Words I hate include moist and dupa.  Whenever I hear that word I cringe.

• I hate the nickname Boomer. Growing up, my family called farts "boomers".

I also don't like the c-word. And "panties".
  • Moist doesn't bother me for some reason.

Goiter, however.. yeeech

C-word : very offensive to me. Gotta be pretty mad to use it, and I swear like a sailor.

Slug: I don't mind the animal, but the word is gross

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I hate moist as well. I also hate the word pussy.
  • I also hate a lot of them already listed: hubs/hubby, preggo/preggers, baby daddy/baby mommy.

Summer when used as a verb.  It sounds pretentious and douchey to me.  
  • It DOES sound pretentious and douchey!   We summer in the Hamptons, dahling! 
  • AddieL73 said:
    It DOES sound pretentious and douchey!   We summer in the Hamptons, dahling! 
    Exactly!  Especially when someone tries to one up the original speaker.  Oh we USED to summer in the Hamptons, until (insert super WASPy name) bought us a house in the South of France where we summer now.  
  • Haha I've never heard of anyone using summer as a verb!  That's so odd!
  • Oh!  I thought of more!

I hate any variation of the word pacifier.  Hearing parents call them a "binky", "nuk/nook", and "pass" just drives me crazy.  I especially hate pass.  This is gonna suck when I'm a mom.  I'll probably refuse to call it anything other than pacifier.

• Kitty, I'm with you on those, too. I'm sure they have to have nicknames to make them easier for babies to understand and say, though. 

• itzMSitzMS member
    edited June 2013

I hate when people call post-it notes stickies. As in "Can I use one of your stickies to write down a message?"

My husband, his dad, and his brothers all have a little language. They all say things like "irregardless" as well as "s'pose" instead of suppose. It's cute and annoying at the same time.

• itzMSitzMS member
    Panties for sure.

There is this word that FMIL and FI use to talk to their dog about going outside to go to the bathroom and I think they pronounce it "toy-dee" but the part that I hate is that FMIL always uses this weird baby-type voice when she says it. Ick.
    OMG...my ex MIL/FIL did this too. They also called going #2 "bomb". As in "Rover needs to go outside to go bomb".
  • hubby - I dislike it. It's husband dammit! Panties - I usually just say undies or underwear. Moist doesn't bother me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards