Options

Words You Hate

13»

Re: Words You Hate

• Options
    hockey20hockey20 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2013

Cinnamon and Aluminum, because I tend to pronounce them cimmonomonom and aluminium. I won't even say the words, instead it's tin foil, and 'y'know that spice that you use for cookies and stuff....'

ETA: I also dislike panties... I've corrected my FI... it's underwear, if you don't mind.

Also... That 'you can't' and 'have to' I dislike, I'll do anything I darn well please, thank you very much.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't like the word "no". I know it has to be said once in a while, but for some reason it comes off as rude any way you try to say it.

I also dislike the word "preggers/prego". It just seems immature.

I also hate text speak... or more specifically how H's best friend texts. It drives me mad.
    ex: "Kin I haz moneys?"
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options
    I hate the word whilst. It's pretentious, takes longer to say, and is actually a newer word than while (people seem to think it's been around for centuries).

I also hate when people speak in the 3rd person to their kids: "Mommy has to go to the store."
    WTF?!! I thought you were my mommy!"

Anniversary

• Options
    tarratall said:
    Any time my Italian H sees one of the "we're Prego" pics he says "They're please/you're welcome in Italian?  Spaghetti sauce? Full of corn syrup? Canned?"

I told my grandmother at 4 as we were waiting on my sister to enter the world that she was sooooooo WRONG.  "My sister is not coming out of mommy's tummy.  She's in her uterus and coming out mommy's vagina."  She nearly had a heart attack, bless her soul.

I'm all for anatomical/clinical terms.  I know some teens that never used the correct names and said "wee-wee" in anatomy class.  Don't be the parent of that kid.

I hate fad words.  Blest, twerk, cray, these are NOT WORDS.  Stop abbreviating other words or just plain making them up.
    I can't stand it when parents don't teach their children the proper words.  I hate "do you want to go potty?" with a passion.  My youngest two nephews still refer to their penises as their wieners, and the older of the two is almost eight.

My brother and I grew up knowing the proper words for everything.  When I was two, I used to tell people I had a "bagina" (because I had issues pronouncing my "v's").  
  • Options
    I used to say that babies came from their mothers' "computerus." 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards