Wedding Etiquette Forum

Paging @KnotPorscha, @KnotJackie

Re: Paging @KnotPorscha, @KnotJackie

• arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    So wait, was the author of the PSA thread banned?  Although I usually have her blocked, I did read that thread and I didn't think it was ban worthy.

It wasn't just about that thread only.  Issues have been occuring in regards to the banned member for a few months now that basically lead up to her now being gone.

Gotcha,  I guess since I blocked the member, I wasn't aware of the issues.

Thanks for clarifying.

• TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2013
  • FFS. Retread got banned because she flagged posts that didn't violate TOS, and she did so knowing it was wrong. She got warned on different occasions but continued to flag posts inappropriately, so she got banned. 

She's not Lord Voldemort. You can say her damn name.
    Thank you for this. I was still scratching my head trying to figure out who we were talking about. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    edited August 2013
  • Somewhat related, what happened to the third generation of Parky?

She was alive and kicking when I went to bed last night.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • I am going to show my non-geek status... I had to google "lord voldemort". 
  • @NYCBruin I think she got the ban hammer today as well.

• @NYCBruin I think she got the ban hammer today as well.
    Aw, bummer.  Anyone know what for?

I was looking forward to reading her threads this afternoon.  She was a very gif-able troll.
  • NYCBruin said:
    @NYCBruin I think she got the ban hammer today as well.
    Aw, bummer.  Anyone know what for?

I was looking forward to reading her threads this afternoon.  She was a very gif-able troll.

Not 100% sure but I guess since she was deemed a troll twice before and she keeps coming back with a different name that includes "Parky" somewhere in it they just axed her before she really got on a roll.

• I am going to show my non-geek status... I had to google "lord voldemort". 
    I mean this way in the nicest way possible, but it isn't because you aren't a geek, it is because you are old. Sorry. Harry Potter is a kid's book. When the first one came out I was a kid. I kept reading them into adulthood because I like Harry and friends, but if JK Rowling hadn't gotten her claws into me at an early age, I wouldn't have read them. If I was 10 years older when they came out, I wouldn't have been interested.
    I have tons of friends my age who read it, and went to all of the movie premiere.  I an a LOTR geek... I love that... but, for some reason, the harry trend never appealed to me.   I always looked at my friends who were going to the midnight showings like they had lost their damn minds.
  • I don't know if I would go that far, Lia. I just introduced BF to Harry Potter a couple years ago. He loved them, but it could be because he's a rabid D&D fan.

The calendar says we're not kids, but I also don't know how true that is.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @mobkaz, what censorship are you talking about?
    There have been some posts in recent weeks that have received much emotionally charged attention.  I cannot recall the "title" of the thread, but the most striking one of late involved a poorly worded response in regards to miscarriages.  

I agree that thread became a train wreck.  It took on a life of its own. It absolutely boiled my blood. I know that posters actually suggested/requested it be deleted.  However, one mantra that I have read and reread from "regs" infinitum is that you cannot tell a poster what to say or post.  I have also seen posts lately that seem to maintain a "tattle tale" attitude when the responses suddenly don't go the way they want.

I'm not trying to start any arguments...it just seems in the past few weeks/months there has been a trend toward hypocrisy between what is said and what is done.  I am not as well versed in knowing the "players", or the threads as some of the other posters, so forgive my inability to quote specific threads.  
  • I'm just here for the HP talk.

@Liatris2010 - I didn't read my first HP until I was 27.  I have read all 7 books multiple times.  I would reread each before a new book or movie came out. 

Age has nothing to do with HP.

• TKzillaTKzilla member
    edited August 2013
  • I stopped reading the HP books when they got really long.

• TKzillaTKzilla member
    edited August 2013
  • @CourtaniaLynn - my mom is in her 70s and loves HP.

@jss0302 - I first read them in 2000 (maybe 2001) just before the first movie came out.  I then ran out and bought the box set of books 1-4.  I pre-ordered the last 3 and spent the entire day of delivery reading them, twice.

• LMc0322 said:

I stopped reading the HP books when they got really long.

But that's when they got really good!

Yeeeeeah I am a quitter.
  • LMc0322 said:

I stopped reading the HP books when they got really long.

But that's what made them better - more Harry time! Even though they'd be read in a day.

• @jss0302 - for Phoenix, Half Blood Prince & Dealthy Hallows (pre-ordered, day of release delivery), I read each one in 6-8 hours, including bathroom and food breaks.  H knew not to bother me during those Saturdays.  I would take a little longer with the 2nd readings which usually took me into Sunday of that weekend.

The funniest part was when he came up stairs and I was on the couch reading/blubbering because Sirius, Dumbledore and EVERYBODY died in each respective book.

He doesn't get it.

• I have never read or watched any HP movies because I always assumed they were for kids. I am also not a big fantasy person (I prefer sci-fi books and movies).
  • @jss0302 - for Phoenix, Half Blood Prince & Dealthy Hallows (pre-ordered, day of release delivery), I read each one in 6-8 hours, including bathroom and food breaks.  H knew not to bother me during those Saturdays.  I would take a little longer with the 2nd readings which usually took me into Sunday of that weekend.

The funniest part was when he came up stairs and I was on the couch reading/blubbering because Sirius, Dumbledore and EVERYBODY died in each respective book.

He doesn't get it.

My FI is the same way. I started reading the series young but I still re-read and watch the movies. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • When FI and I were first dating, the last movie was set to come out in like 6 months.  He knew that I was obsessed with HP so he requested that we marathon watch movies 1-7 so that he could take me to see the 8th.  I knew then he was a keeper.
  • I can't stand HP. No offense y'all. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • None taken @AllieBear725 - it's not for everybody.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards