Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thank you note for multiple generous gifts from one person

I'm needing some help on wording! One of my mom's friends spent probably close to $1000 on a bunch of expensive gifts off of our registry (dutch ovens, wedding china...). How do I write the thank you note? do I list out every single gift and say how I'm planning on using it? How do I get across my gratitude for all of the presents without it sounding awkward? Help!

Re: Thank you note for multiple generous gifts from one person

• Options
    Part of me thinks it would be good to list them out just so the giver knows you have received it all.
  • Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the response! I had just written a thank you draft before I saw the replies, definitely saving your wording it's great!

Here's what I came up with:

We are so overwhelmed by your generosity! I was so thrilled to open the Macy's box and find all three of the dutch ovens we registered for! (Hubby) can tell you I was jumping around everywhere and we've already made some delicious roasts, they are awesome to cook with! And the presents kept coming! We absolutely love the bath and hand towels, they are so much softer than the ones we have, I washed them and put them in the bathrooms right away. The teapot is absolutely beautiful! Everyone who's seen it has been so jealous! I actually had to buy one for mom she loved it so much! Thank you so much for the pasta bowls and the accent plates from our wedding china! I absolutely love the pattern and I can't wait to have a fancy dinner party and put them to use! Thank you so much again! you've furnished our house! Words cannot express how grateful we are for your generous gifts! Next time you're all in town you'll have to come over and see everything in action! We are so happy we could share our special day with you!

Love,
    Jessica and Rusty
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Aw that is really nice, Jessica. Very genuine. That would make me smile if I were her, you sound so excited. :) And I like your wording better than mine. Mine was too formal, yours is more friendly.
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards