Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

What song are you walking down the aisle to?

Re: What song are you walking down the aisle to?

• Walking down the aisle to George Harrison "My Sweet Lord"  

• Processional- One Thousand Years cover by Piano Guys Recessional- Home by phillip phillips covered by Piano Guys Segway into cocktails/reception big band swing and jazz music- Everything by Michael Buble
  • Prelude into Processional - pretty sure it's going to be Yellowcard's Gifts & Curses in a slow piano version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPxzUzGW0dk
  • I found an acoustic piano version of white wedding in a slowed tempo.
    it's so slowed down that it is almost recognizable but not really.

I am not 100% sure yet
  • Annie's Song by John Denver is beautiful and acoustic. My parents told me they had it played live at their wedding back in 1979...
  • Angels and airwaves-breathe - piano cover
    This song is how my fiance first told me he loved me. the piano cover is just perfect http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWXOI2jVXcQ
  • "Ripple" is either going to be for me walking down the aisle, or our first dance- When FI proposed he shared some of his favorite memories of us together, and all those little moments where he thought to himself "I want to spend the rest of my life with this girl."  Us dancing to "Ripple" at Gathering of the Vibes over the summer was one of those moments.  
    I found the footage from the actual concert.  We were in the crowd, close to the stage on the right side.  

• I'm crossing my fingers I'm not jumping the gun (or jinxing myself!) by posting.

We haven't 100% decided on a song, I originally wanted a piano version of the Game of Thrones intro but that was vetoed as being too dramatic for am outdoor wedding.

However, FI and I just watched "The Sign of Three" Sherlock episode and are thinking about having the processional be the waltz Sherlock wrote for Mary and John.

I think it's enough "nerd" for FI and I to have, because it's something we both love, but not over the top nerdy/silly. I want our personalities to be there but not have the ceremony turn into a show or a "statement."

What do y'all think? :)
    Anniversary
  • Thinking about some Ben Harper songs, like Gold to Me or Waiting for You.
  • We can't seem to decide on a song for sure. Part of me kind of wants to use part of "Aniron," the theme song for Aragorn and Arwen from Lord of the Rings, because I'm a huge nerd and I think that song is beautiful, but we don't know yet. (We really need to decide soon.) We're also looking into various Vitamin String Quartet songs we might use.
  • We picked ours this weekend! It's cliche, but we love it. "Marry Me" by Train. I played it for FI this weekend and he said, "That's it. That's the song. I pictured you walking down the aisle toward me while it was playing. I even pictured your dress--your arms were exposed." Lol, I'm not sure why the dress comment, but he loved the song.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I found a beautiful instrumental version of A Thousand Years that I'm going to use.

Ugh. This makes me want to hire a pianist and a cellist for our ceremony. Seriously.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • We picked ours this weekend! It's cliche, but we love it. "Marry Me" by Train. I played it for FI this weekend and he said, "That's it. That's the song. I pictured you walking down the aisle toward me while it was playing. I even pictured your dress--your arms were exposed." Lol, I'm not sure why the dress comment, but he loved the song.
    Love this song. For the longest time I've pictured us using the Train x Martina McBride version.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
    Love this song. For the longest time I've pictured us using the Train x Martina McBride version.
    We contemplated the Martina McBride version, as well, but there's just something about the tone and pace of the Train version that had me fall in love with using it--even though I adore Martina. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We haven't decided yet, but I keep telling him I'm going to walk down to the Downton Abbey theme. I am partly joking partly serious and I'm not sure if he can tell...after all, I should hate to be predictable ;)
  • A Whiter Shade of Pale- Sarah Brightman

Not a typical wedding song but it is a rendition of my parent's wedding song.  My fiance and I fell in love with it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For the wedding party, they will walk to (no lyrics) Thomas Rhett "It goes like this" just because I love the instrumentals. I will walk to John Legend "All of Me"... And per FI's request we will walk out to AC/DC "You Shook Me All Night Long".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • afterimageafterimage member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    Klc09d said:
    I'm crossing my fingers I'm not jumping the gun (or jinxing myself!) by posting. We haven't 100% decided on a song, I originally wanted a piano version of the Game of Thrones intro but that was vetoed as being too dramatic for am outdoor wedding. However, FI and I just watched "The Sign of Three" Sherlock episode and are thinking about having the processional be the waltz Sherlock wrote for Mary and John. I think it's enough "nerd" for FI and I to have, because it's something we both love, but not over the top nerdy/silly. I want our personalities to be there but not have the ceremony turn into a show or a "statement." What do y'all think? :)
    I say do something nerdy if it suits you both - just make sure it's meaningful to you both and not just nerdy for the sake of it (not just to make a statement, like you said).  I think it is so nice when couples add wedding details that reflect who they are and what they enjoy together.

Just make sure it's not "The Rains of Castamere" from Game of Thrones!!!!

Edit: forgot to say I am planning to walk down the aisle to "Bron-yr-aur," a beautiful acoustic instrumental song by Led Zeppelin.  Both FI and I have loved this song for the longest time!
  • I'll be walking down to "Morning Has Broken" (traditional Catholic Mass, so we're not allowed to have any secular music during the ceremony... but I wouldn't have picked anything secular anyhow!).  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Processional- One Thousand Years cover by Piano Guys
  • Processional- somewhere over the rainbow by isreal

recessional- happy by ferrel
  • I was thinking Clair De Lune Debussy, but not sure
  • classyduckclassyduck member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Holy cow, I can't believe how many people used modern tunes! Totally fine, of course, but I had (incorrectly!) guessed that traditional selections would be the norm.

As of now I had penciled in Trumpet Voluntary, but it feels more like a recessional the more I listen to it. The hunt continues... but I'm leaning towards a classical piece.
  • I've been thinking either A thousand years (with words) for the processional and All of me as the recessional
  • classyduckclassyduck member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Well, I (with FI's approval of course, but he's been fairly indifferent to the music) finally settled on Trumpet voluntary as a Processional for the wedding party, and good ol' cannon for the entrance of the bride. I know it is probably overdone, but it is really beautiful to me and I think will really create a meaningful atmosphere for the moment I meat my fiance as a single woman for the last time.

I did seriously consider Liebestraum by Franz List -- it is beautiful and has a few "soaring" moments in it, but it also has a touch of melancholy that I'm not sure would be perfectly appropriate.

And I MUST have Simple Gifts for our interlude... love that song.
  • AllOnOneDayAllOnOneDay member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    WP - loop of Ouverture from Within Temptation's Black Symphony.

I'm walking to Nothing Else Matters, I'm hoping to use the Apocalyptica version, but may be vetoed by their latest album. Our church actually has a very strict policy on using nothing related to Wagner. If can't use Apo, I'll pull the vocals from Metallica's S&M and use that.

Recessional - probably a loop of the end of Swanheart by Nightwish.

All the versions are live, so I'll be taking the crowd noise out.

First dance will be Ohne Dich by Rammstein. Both DF and I are refusing to have a wedding if we can't use Ohne Dich. Do not care how formal we are supposed to be here, the shared love for R+ is how we met, our first actual date was the 2010 MSG concert, we are using the semi tame song.

Last dance is back to Apocalyptica with Farewell.

Yes, we're metal heads. At least we're staying tame vs oh some Children of Bodom.
  • Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel
    Our Wedding Bio kosakwedding.weebly.com
  • The instrumental version of "Beauty and the Beast".  Not that my groom is a beast! I've just loved that song since I was a little girl!
  • Another for "A Thousand Years" cover version by the Piano Guys! Fi was like oh baby you're going to make everyone cry then! Such a beautiful song!

Our first dance is "It Had to Be You" - Frank Sinatra slow jazz version.

image   image   image

• The ladies are going down to No Rain by Blind Melon. I'm going down to Christina Perry's Ave Maria. No idea on recessional yet...
    For the nature of women is closely allied to art. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards