Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

What song are you walking down the aisle to?

1234568»

Re: What song are you walking down the aisle to?

• My FFIL and FMIL are musicians and have offered to put together a little compilation for our ceremony... so excited!

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• We love Wes Anderson and were looking for an alternative for Canon in D that wasn't as common. 

This is what we came up with:

• I Only Wanna Be With You by the Tourists
  • I love this thread, I didnt know so many brides chose to avoid the wedding march. LOL, I am thinking of doing instrumental verison of Bush Glycerine. One of my favorite song. I heard a piano cover of it. It was softer but not sure which direction to go.

Regular song, instrumental, or piano cover..... any advice?
  • I'm not 100% on these yet, but I think processional is going to be The Piano Guy's version of Home. Recessional By Your Side by Sade. 
  • Wedding party is walking down to "Hey Brother" by Avicii, I am walking down to "Rose of My Heart" by Mr. Cash :)
  • I found a beautiful instrumental version of A Thousand Years that I'm going to use.

I plan on using this version as well. Absolutely beautiful.
  • I walked down to I LOVE NYE by Badly Drawn Boy. (I had never heard of it either. I got the idea from the internet when I googled 'alternative songs to walk down the aisle to.) I LOVED the feel of it, modern and cute and it had the right emotion to it that matched exactly how I felt about walking down the aisle. I flirted with the idea of Bloom by The Paper Kites, but ultimately decided that I did not want any lyrics or to think about where they would get cut off, etc.
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • I cross my heart by George Strait
  • The Final Countdown by Europe.
    Anniversary
  • Considering instrumental introduction of Metallica's Fade To Black. DF would love the recessional to be Lordi's Would You Love A Monster Man, and I'm tempted. But probably not.
  • KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    I'm walking to an instrumental version of The Flower Duet from the opera Lakme. It is one of my favorite pieces of music and because lots of people don't care for opera, I thought the instrumental version was a nice compromise.

Here's a sample...the music will be cued to about 30 seconds in.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrcvz8hEYqM

Our recessional will be You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall and Oates. FI vetoed Barry White. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Aphex Twin - Avril 14th
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Right now, the only song I have considered is "I See the Light" by Mandy Moore from the movie Tangled. Cheesy and lame, but I love it. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Mother/Grandmother: Cesar Franck "Panis Angelicus"
    Bridesmaids: Bach Arioso BWV 156
    Processional: Mussorgsky Promenade from Pictures at an Exhibition

Recessional: Now Thank We all our God - J.S. Bach arr. Virgil Fox

I'm a musician and I didn't want music that I have played at weddings a million times before. Luckily, our organist was more than happy to oblige. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My bridal party is walking down to "Somewhere over the Rainbow" by Iz. I'm walking down to "Bridal March" by Jonathan Cain- it's a beautiful piano rendition of the traditional bridal march. Our recessional is "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz.
  • Marzipan13Marzipan13 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    Gizmo813 said: Mother/Grandmother: Cesar Franck "Panis Angelicus"Bridesmaids: Bach Arioso BWV 156Processional: Mussorgsky Promenade from Pictures at an Exhibition
    Recessional: Now Thank We all our God - J.S. Bach arr. Virgil Fox
    I'm a musician and I didn't want music that I have played at weddings a million times before. Luckily, our organist was more than happy to oblige. 

---------------------------------------------------sitb------------------------------------------------------ Same, and agreed.  Bless you for having
    Promenade played. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • I was planning on walking down to "Feels Like Home" by Chantal Kreviazuk but I think FI may be trying to pull a switch on me and it may end up being "All of Me" by John Legend. 
    Anniversary
  • Pachelbel's Canon in D. Getting married Catholic, and I think this is the most common song to walk down the aisle to. 
  • I'm thinking the song from the opening scene in Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightley version) called "Dawn" but not sure if it's long enough for processional or to just have it as my song...
  • First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes. S/O wanted it as our first dance but I wanted the song he played for me on our third date so that was the compromise :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards