Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

oh hai

13»

Re: oh hai

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_oh-hai-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:d8912316-7fab-4b94-ba2f-c10d88296275Post:517805e6-0079-4867-a434-c268d5d9e240">Re: oh hai</a>:
    [QUOTE]Except that no one is making fun of anyone, sooo.. whatevs.  Gotta keep those rainbows and puppies coming!
    Posted by crazystace[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, JL...it doesn't all have to be puppies and rainbows all of the time.  Trolls can be good for the board!  And newbies should be able to recognize them.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Any update on siggy issues, BTW?  Use your mod power for good, not evil.  :P</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    um i haz a sereeus problum and no1 will let me post it i need knottie vibez
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    also my siggie works good

it wudnt be my weddin wit out dis cake
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    N- Entertainment makes people leave.. they get scared of the snark.
    image.
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_oh-hai-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:d8912316-7fab-4b94-ba2f-c10d88296275Post:775945ff-954a-449a-82fe-54ab1ac4f001">Re: oh hai</a>:
    [QUOTE]N- Entertainment makes people leave.. they get scared of the snark.
    Posted by elishanb[/QUOTE]

Lack of entertainment is why this board is dead when it used to have pages of new posts daily.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    I miss the entertainment. :(
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you guys should go on the "international boards" so you can have enough entertainment that leads to making post secret pictures which results in even more entertainment for those that enjoy "entertainment".
    Awesome preview from our photographer, Caitlin Thomas, featuring flowers created by Paulette, The Urban Gypsy. Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_oh-hai-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:d8912316-7fab-4b94-ba2f-c10d88296275Post:1cf6982d-dc3b-450a-9205-159f0dbb415b">Re: oh hai</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe you guys should go on the "international boards" so you can have enough entertainment that leads to making post secret pictures which results in even more entertainment for those that enjoy "entertainment".
    Posted by hellopals[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't even know what "this" means.  </div><div>
    </div><div>We're not living internationally, so that doesn't make much sense.  Well, Jbee is and she does post there.  </div>

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay, KR!

I thought I was the only one who couldn't understand the lame attempt at English grammar.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think she meant we should all go to the national boards if we want to be entertained.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_oh-hai-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:d8912316-7fab-4b94-ba2f-c10d88296275Post:1cf6982d-dc3b-450a-9205-159f0dbb415b">Re: oh hai</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe you guys should go on the "international boards" so you can have enough entertainment that leads to making post secret pictures which results in even more entertainment for those that enjoy "entertainment".
    Posted by hellopals[/QUOTE]

-says the girl with 16 posts who is obviously very engaged on this board

Seriously though, I don't know what your comment means. It's very possible to have good wedding discussion AND off topic discussion (aka entertainment). But this board doesn't do that anymore, and that makes it boring.

Vacation

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_oh-hai-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:d8912316-7fab-4b94-ba2f-c10d88296275Post:c5c378b3-513b-4477-924e-a2d2e610e068">Re: oh hai</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: oh hai : -says the girl with 16 posts who is obviously very engaged on this board Seriously though, I don't know what your comment means. It's very possible to have good wedding discussion AND off topic discussion (aka entertainment). But this board doesn't do that anymore, and that makes it boring.
    Posted by kbielak17[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  This board used to be a great group of girls who gave honest opinions instead of blowing smoke up each others @sses.  Where you could poke fun at something without worrying about being banned, and a place that had a real sense of actual community, where a LARGE group of girls used to be genuinely happy to see the progression of other posters' weddings and excited when a regular got married.  It really is a shame that new brides can't experience the fun community and support system that many of us had while we were planning our weddings because it doesn't exist here anymore now.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhh, the national boards!  LOL!  

Search & Win
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I have low posts because of several reasons. No one is going to care as much about my wedding as myself and my fiance so I don't need all the "yay"! and I also don't feel the need to get all into snarky BS about newbies, trolls, grammar and whatever the hell else regular posters get all rilled up about. So let all the former regs ban together to reminisce about "the gold old days" of your wedding planning and let the current regs continue with the unicorns and crap. What do you care? That's rhetorical, there really isn't a need for a bunch of "I agree" comments about how a person with low posts doesn't know how could it used to be.
    Awesome preview from our photographer, Caitlin Thomas, featuring flowers created by Paulette, The Urban Gypsy. Photobucket
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    Some people will care about your wedding. I have made plenty of friends right here on this board that I know care about my upcoming wedding. I used to get excited about sharing things with them like pictures and checks etc. Like PP said with all the wedding talk and the other off subjects you can have a place to feel genuine support instead of finding different ways to type "yay for you" of "Nice check"

You actually start to care when people are going to close on thier first home with their new spouse and when they are going to give birth. You feel bad when they are having a bad day. You can also loosen up and have a little fun when people get a little too serious about a cookie table when really they need to just be told to relax.
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ::waves:: It's so nice to "see" all of you!

I wish I would have been free this afternoon to share.  I do miss the "old" board, it is a different atmosphere now. 

Hope all is well with all of you ladies :)
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards