Snarky Brides

Where is everyone?

Re: Where is everyone?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-is-everyone-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b59d4729-f9bb-46df-8568-2f55829abf53Post:26d076df-8428-4082-80ba-4dd863695a17">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everyone? : Yeah, we get plenty of snow and ice (usually) so I can't wrap my brain around owning a smart car here.  The might be an UO, but I hate those little fuckers.  I swear, I think I've got a great parking space and nope.  There's a stupid little smart car sitting there.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

lolol I know what you mean exactly. Its like a cruel joke when you think there is an awesome parking spot and there is not. They like to act like douchey motorcyclists too and weave around in traffic just because they are small enough. Ugh.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-is-everyone-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b59d4729-f9bb-46df-8568-2f55829abf53Post:e88939dc-1d59-4c69-bcbe-0f6e2815e74c">Re:Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Where is everyone? : Holy crap.  I hate driving.  I've put less than 3,500 miles on my car since last May.  Lol.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm hoping this next year isn't as bad because we won't be going back and forth to our wedding location as much (3 hours each way).  I also have a 35 mile (each way) commute to work everyday.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Rach- YGPM</div>
    imageVacation
  • You have the best stories Boobs.  I'm happy to report that was not the woman who handed me my food this afternoon.  But I'll be on the lookout for her.  :)
  • One of my best friends just got the Cruze and it has the nice little sporty package. I love it but I've decided if I'm coughing up the money for a new car that I want AWD. I've done fine without it but its just something I've started to want recently.
  • Musu I almost saw a motorcyclist get himself killed last week.  He went around a truck that was yielding in traffic, waiting to turn left.  UUUUHHHH why was the truck yielding?  Because he was waiting for another car to pass the intersection.  And right as the motorcycle passed, the truck and the car across the way were preparing to turn left.  The other car just missed the motorcyclist by inches.  Guy?  How about you wait in traffic like everyone else?  Sheesh
    panther
  • I have a 10 year old Nissan SUV and I just flipped 100K on it.  The headliner is falling off and the airbag light just came on the other week, but other than that, it runs awesome.  I haven't had a car payment in almost 7 years and I plan to keep it that way for as long as possible. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-is-everyone-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b59d4729-f9bb-46df-8568-2f55829abf53Post:0d89e454-3eb2-4d51-82e3-23cb9b38728c">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not looking forward to getting new tires either. Mine have held up well, but I've leased most my vehicles, so I always have a new car every few years. I hate getting a huge bill for tires!
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>FI knew the manager at the Discount Tire we went to, and the guy helping us was really nice, so he cut us a deal.  </div>
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Motorcyclists are idiots AATB. It is hard for me to feel bad for them when they are assholes.
  • edited July 2012
    One of the places I took classes at last year had "Smart Car" parking right up front.  They could go charge their car while they went to work.  
  • I am glad people are providing the chargers for electric cars because otherwise there is no point in making them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-is-everyone-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b59d4729-f9bb-46df-8568-2f55829abf53Post:97edad7c-c57d-4d2f-9be0-89533eb44df3">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am glad people are providing the chargers for electric cars because otherwise there is no point in making them.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>This was the only place I saw the chargers.  It was a state building, so I don't know if it's something that the state does for their employees or what.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-is-everyone-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b59d4729-f9bb-46df-8568-2f55829abf53Post:97edad7c-c57d-4d2f-9be0-89533eb44df3">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am glad people are providing the chargers for electric cars because otherwise there is no point in making them.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I believe they are in the works of starting to build charging stations.  It is my understanding that it will be set up similar to a gas station and they have machines that can do a complete charge for just a few dollars and it only takes a few minutes.  Once those are available everywhere, I think many people will opt for electric only cars.</div>
    imageVacation
  • I keep hearing about new charging stations around here.  I'm torn between my desire to be environmentally friendly or have a badass car. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • hah, right, Adamar? If they can make an SUV electric, I'm all for it.
  • ooooo if we are talking new cars...

does anyone drive a Honda CRV? I test drove that, the VW Tiguan and a Nissan Rogue yesterday!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-is-everyone-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b59d4729-f9bb-46df-8568-2f55829abf53Post:bcf1d967-e509-4f8d-af00-8444a5e6754b">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ooooo if we are talking new cars... does anyone drive a Honda CRV? I test drove that, the <strong>VW Tiguan</strong> and a Nissan Rogue yesterday!
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I love the look of the Tiguans.  I think if/when we have children I'll upgrade to some type of Jeep (The new grand cherokee's are really pretty!).</div>
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-is-everyone-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b59d4729-f9bb-46df-8568-2f55829abf53Post:6a1e7604-dee0-4ac8-a21c-d7481d8bba25">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everyone? : I love the look of the Tiguans.  I think if/when we have children I'll upgrade to some type of Jeep (The new grand cherokee's are really pretty!).
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

I loved the look too. I was really bummed yesterday- the interior is actually kinda tight! Compared to the CRV, it felt downright small! My pontiac vibe has the same amount of storage space and we were looking to upgrade size wise. The features were pretty nice though and it has an AMAZING sunroof but at the price point... it's too small for a family car. (no I'm not pregnant).

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-is-everyone-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b59d4729-f9bb-46df-8568-2f55829abf53Post:7ea46a7b-32b1-4ab1-9765-bf7313597246">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everyone? : I loved the look too. I was really bummed yesterday- the interior is actually kinda tight! Compared to the CRV, it felt downright small! My pontiac vibe has the same amount of storage space and we were looking to upgrade size wise. The features were pretty nice though and it has an AMAZING sunroof but at the price point... it's too small for a family car. (no I'm not pregnant).
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>A friend of mine had a similar opinion to you.   I have heard many good things about the CRV, though.</div>
    imageVacation
  • Star, my BF's little sister has the Tiguan and absolutely loves it.  I'm partial to Nissan's though so I'd go for the Rogue.  Actually, I hope my next car is a Murano. 
  • ooh I want to talk about cars, too. We're in the process of thinking about it lol. I know we NEED to buy a more family friendly car, but I just hate the idea of going through all the shiiit to get one. I would be happy to trade in the jeep and the camaro, but Michael has claimed the camaro as baby Rambos first car.  My top picks are Tahoe, CTS and possibly a Charger. The 2013 malibus look like they could have some potential, but cars just feel so small to me. I've only ever had one car, the rest have been trucks.  I get the Chevy discount so it'll probably be one of the first two. 

Star, I don't know if the VW you are looking at is one of the TDI (diesel) but their TDI's get freaking unbelievable gas mileage. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-is-everyone-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b59d4729-f9bb-46df-8568-2f55829abf53Post:3c6fec9e-f943-4bc5-a609-daca17f50359">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everyone? : A friend of mine had a similar opinion to you.   I have heard many good things about the CRV, though.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

I've never had a honda and wasn't really familiar with them but H wanted to check it out. I was pretty stunned by all the features. We checked out the Honda CRV EX-l with navigation. At the price point, it REALLY had a ton of features. It seems to get really good reviews. some complaints about the navigation graphics being outdated...

personally I don't think we need all those silly features. I'd rather pay less but I'm cheap. H wants to go all in. We shall see..

my book shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-is-everyone-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b59d4729-f9bb-46df-8568-2f55829abf53Post:bd58c12d-96f9-4af3-8e9f-904e904be8a7">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ooh I want to talk about cars, too. We're in the process of thinking about it lol. I know we NEED to buy a more family friendly car, but I just hate the idea of going through all the shiiit to get one. I would be happy to trade in the jeep and the camaro, but Michael has claimed the camaro as baby Rambos first car.  My top picks are Tahoe, CTS and possibly a Charger. The 2013 malibus look like they could have some potential, but cars just feel so small to me. I've only ever had one car, the rest have been trucks.  I get the Chevy discount so it'll probably be one of the first two.  Star, I don't know if the VW you are looking at is one of the TDI (diesel) but their TDI's get freaking unbelievable gas mileage. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reviews guys!

OOOO it wasn't! We looked at a regular one. Maybe I will look again.

Anyone have thoughts on diesel vs regular?

The Honda CRV has an econ mode that tracks when you are driving efficiently etc- I liked that feature though I have a feeling it's more for piece of mind than actual function.

my book shelf:
  • I never use the navigation feature in my car.  I use my phone.  
    imageVacation
  • Dmill, do you really drive a Camaro?  One of the newer ones, in black possibly?  I had a dream the other week that I passed you driving one in a parking lot and you squealed out of there with a laugh and a wave. 
  • Dmil- my dad had a charger last year for work (minus the hemi sadly). The look of the car was GORGEOUS. It was so sad to be in it without the suped up engine though. I couldn't drive it because it was a work vehicle but I definitely fawned all over it.

my book shelf:
  • Everyone I know who has a CRV loves it. When we were toying with the idea of buying a new used car that is what we were planning to get. It just wasn't practical for us to get a larger car when we live in the city and only need to extra cargo room a few times a year. We have a Yaris and I really try to not pull into spaces all the way. I don't want to tease people by making them think the space is empty.
  • dmiller9274dmiller9274 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-is-everyone-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b59d4729-f9bb-46df-8568-2f55829abf53Post:01984c55-4cc8-4c45-a0db-28c3209c2e2d">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dmill, do you really drive a Camaro?  One of the newer ones, in black possibly?  I had a dream the other week that I passed you driving one in a parking lot and you squealed out of there with a laugh and a wave. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]
    We do have one, but it's red :) It's an older one, a 95. Michael and his mom bought it brand new when he was 16, and agreed to keep it mostly stored so he could keep it and one day have a classic car that he was the only owner. It's been garaged for 17 years and only has a few thousand miles on it. He's decided that he'll pass it along to baby Rambo on her 16th b-day :)<div>
    </div><div>I freaking love the way the new ones look, and we test drove one for Michael before we bought the jeep. I hate sports cars...I feel like I'm dragging my ass on the ground. I need something that sits higher up.</div><div>
    </div><div>Star, diesels are great, especially if you like to buy a car and keep it for a long time. My FIL has a truck that has about 850,000 miles on it. They are more expensive to maintain, but will pretty much outlive the body of the vehicle. I'm not sure if they still do, but Cummins (dodge diesel truck motors) have a million miles club...when/if your engine makes it to one million miles, they'll replace it with a new one. They've come along way with the new clean diesel technology, too. You might pay a little more for the gas, but you'll get at least twice the mileage out of it. Before we got rid of Michael's diesel truck, we had switched over to using biodiesel fuel, and it was great...other than when his truck smoked, it kind of smelled like a french fry, or mexican food, depending on the restaurant the oil came from :)</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Michael's a good man.  My dad had a 64 Alfa Romeo that he got rid of when my  mom got pregnant the first time.  Um, this daughter would have really loved to have that car when I turned 16!
  • I think it'll be cool, but the damn thing is so fast. I'm not sure that it's a great idea to give a 16 year old new driver that much power. I like aatb's parents idea of a 78 diplomat :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards