Wedding Etiquette Forum

Talk to me people...Night Thread

Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:0cc0eb36-a5d1-4947-ba1e-fed87749596b">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I was motivated enough to go to a gym. I'm more of a work out at home kinda person. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>This is me. I'll be using the laundry facility at my new apartment. The gym is literally attached to it and I still am doubtful that I'll work out while waiting for my clothes to dry. </div>
  • I feel like the Ys around here always have classes that start at 6 or later that I want to take. They don't have classes at like 4 or 4:30 for me. I'm not going to go home and then come back. Or they have classes in the morning.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2012
    Aryn - I lived in apartments with gyms for 4 years. I went maybe 5 times total.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There is a Crossfit Gym in Alexandria that I considered joining and thay have a 5:30am class, 6am class, and some evening classes. I ended up not joining because of cost. I love crossfit though and wish I could afford it.
  • Yeah, my last two apartment buildings had gyms and I went one time, for 20 minutes, haha.
  • We had a "gym" at my old apartment, but it consisited of a single treadmill, elliptical, and weight machine. When you were on the treadmill or elliptical, you were about 3 feet away from a blank wall. Talk about stimulating. Undecided
  • That's pretty much how my apartment gyms were Birdie. I always felt awkward if someone else was in there. They were small rooms and it just felt weird that you were staring at each other exercise. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I use to have a gym in my apartment building and I would go all the time. In pajamas. For about ten minutes. 

But, whatever, it still counts.
  • My last apartment actually had an awesome looking gym. It was on the 8th floor, had floor to ceiling windows on three walls with great views, and a pretty good mix of machines. 
  • This gym is actually pretty nice. I still doubt I'll go all that often. Muni and I will take yoga though so I'll work out once a week. More than I am now. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:41c7856e-98dd-4af9-af9d-50083cd32a2c">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Evening, everyone! I just got done prepping all our flowers for Saturday, and now I'm trying to get FI to take me out to dinner. We'll see :)

<div>Leisel, are you DIYing your centerpieces? I'm thinking about doing that, too.</div>
  • I used the gym at our last apartment complex about 4 times and we were there for 6 months. I wish I could have a home gym. I don't even need machines. I use a lot of free weights, swiss balls, medicine balls, resistance bands, etc. We would definitely need a rowing machine because that's H's cardio of choice.
  • We have some kind of mount for our bikes that turns them into stationary bikes, I think we have used it twice in the past 2 years.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My friend's new little girl is making my ovaries hurt. Although I'm confused about her name. It's Maya Rose. I would pronounce the first name My-a, but they put "pronounced Mei-a" on the blog announcement. Is that Mei like lei? Like the flowers you get in Hawaii?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:f9ca3d4d-7ba4-4055-98de-92e80704d4b3">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : Leisel, are you DIYing your centerpieces? I'm thinking about doing that, too.
    Posted by starrynight84[/QUOTE]

<div>Only some of them. My aunt and mom have a lot of experience doing floral and decor for fundraisers and various parties they've thrown, so for us it really isn't that big of a deal. I know some people can get very overwhelmed by DIYing flowers if they haven't done it before. </div>
  • MK, I would assume that's how it's pronounced. What a strange pronunciation. I would have pronounced it the way you did initially.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:9102f244-58e0-43b7-a7ce-62eb319e15f5">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend's new little girl is making my ovaries hurt. Although I'm confused about her name. It's Maya Rose. I would pronounce the first name My-a, but they put "pronounced Mei-a" on the blog announcement. Is that Mei like lei? Like the flowers you get in Hawaii?
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

<div>That's what I'd be guessing, too. How odd, though. I have a feeling that girl is going to be correcting people about her name her whole life.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:4676b69a-0915-45ed-ac21-7afbe5d87f54">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : Only some of them. My aunt and mom have a lot of experience doing floral and decor for fundraisers and various parties they've thrown, so for us it really isn't that big of a deal. I know some people can get very overwhelmed by DIYing flowers if they haven't done it before. 

<div>I know, that's my only worry. I think I'll practice making a couple to see if it would be too much for me or not.</div>
  • MK - would have pronounced it the same way. It seems it should have been spelled "maeya" or something to have it pronounced that way.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey guys. I'm taking it easy tonight. J left for Canada today so its just me and the pups. I got to observe part of an attempted murder trial today and that was awesome.

I'm finally catching up on like 3 weeks of tv. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:4da5db7e-53f5-4ff4-a8de-19aa93480146">Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's happening? I made baked potato skins with ground turkey, broccoli, and cheese. Delicious. And I'm about to pull double chocolate greek yogurt cupcakes out of the oven. Nom.

<div>So far, I have only read this.<div><div>Both sound good.  Recipe for the cupcakes please :).</div><div>
    </div><div>Thank goodness the in-laws are gone.  That was quite possibly the longest 5 days of my life.  I adore my SIL, and my BIL is young, but fun (he's 11 years younger than H and I).  My MIL.  I need a confession thread for that one.  Between the three of them though, 5 people in a 2 BR apartment.  The noise, the mess, the crowd.  And I can't just drink it all away.  I haven't had a solo minute with H in 5 days except for about 30 seconds at night between crawling into bed and passing out from exhaustion.  </div></div></div><div>Got my CO drivers' license today - well, my temp one.  They mail the real one later.  Waited in line for 90 minutes for the car registrations only to get called to the counter and be told that H needs his title (it's at my brother's - we thought we just needed the OH registration) and I had my title, but it's in my maiden name and I didn't bring a copy of our marriage license.  So we have to go back tomorrow.  But at least we got to pull numbers for both lines (license and registration - 2 numbers) and were able to get our licenses taken care of during the 90 minute wait for the title/registration fiasco.</div><div>I love moving!</div><div>What did I miss? (going back to read beyond the first post now).</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:9102f244-58e0-43b7-a7ce-62eb319e15f5">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend's new little girl is making my ovaries hurt. Although I'm confused about her name. It's Maya Rose. I would pronounce the first name My-a, but they put "pronounced Mei-a" on the blog announcement. Is that Mei like lei? Like the flowers you get in Hawaii?

<div>Ei is normally a long a sound. But I don't think that's what they mean, because wouldn't they just write "May-a"? Weird. </div>
  • LeiselEBLeiselEB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:a201fc19-a33f-4b5a-89ff-27bbbeafc00a">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : I know, that's my only worry. I think I'll practice making a couple to see if it would be too much for me or not.
    Posted by starrynight84[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>The main issues we ran into were knowing how many blooms to order (we ordered over 1,000 blooms, and already know that we'll need to run out and buy more from a grocery store or something) and then figuring out a place to store them all, since most need to be kept cool and in water. </div><div>
    </div><div>Edited for spelling</div>
  • rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:8cf7f617-fa19-414f-afbd-0f1571ccb62f">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys. I'm taking it easy tonight. J left for Canada today so its just me and the pups. I got to observe part of an attempted murder trial today and that was awesome. I'm finally catching up on like 3 weeks of tv. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

That sounds really awesome.  It is good to see that you are liking your job.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:f73b480e-dfba-4522-a6f5-b79502857130">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]This gym is actually pretty nice. I still doubt I'll go all that often. <strong>Muni and I will take yoga though so I'll work out once a week. </strong>More than I am now. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

I am jealous of this.
  • Loopy, you have tired me out just reading that. Good for you for getting it done.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:b01723df-2432-41df-a674-4e4f0164506f">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : The main issues we ran into were knowing how many blooms to order (we ordered over 1,000 blooms, and already know that we'll need to run out and buy more from a grocery store or something) and then figuring out a place to store them all, since most need to be kept cool and in water.  Edited for spelling
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Wow, okay! Sounds trickier than I thought.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:f73b480e-dfba-4522-a6f5-b79502857130">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]This gym is actually pretty nice. I still doubt I'll go all that often. Muni and I will take yoga though so I'll work out once a week. More than I am now. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

<div>yesssss.  So excited to have a yoga buddy.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:dd9a218b-2611-4398-88c6-8e15f8cb1f81">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only do well with workouts in the morning. Unless someone is with me in the afternoon all I want to do when I get home from work is sit on my ass. Better to get it out of the way.

<div>I have this problem too.</div>
  • See I looooooved the name when I thought it was pronounced My-a, but now that I know it's Mei-a I'm meh about it. That's terrible isn't it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards