Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Bridal Party entrance song

Hi girls,

I have one week until I have to hand in my music worksheet to my band (talk about last minute haha).  Any suggestions for a fun bridal party entrance song????

Thanks so much! xoxo
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Party entrance song

• edited December 2011
    We are using "I Belive in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness

DLD
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    We did Jump Around by House of Pain. haha.
  • edited December 2011
    do you want like..something old school?  (We Are Family - Sister Sledge)
    or something newer like a hip hop song?  (Flashing Lights - Kanye)
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing "I Got A Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas.
  • edited December 2011
    Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder

But we're not doing a formal entrance for the entire WP, just us.

• emillee21emillee21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    were doing black eyed peas, "l've got a feeling"
  • edited December 2011
    We used Poprocks and Coke by Green Day, it was good!
    I also really like the idea someone else had about I Believe In A Thing Called Love, by The Darkness. THAT would be a fun one!
  • beamer84beamer84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used a wordless version of "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey. DH and I walked in to "I'm so excited" by ... (the pointer sisters?)
  • PeterandKellyPeterandKelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also did I Gotta Feeling - very easy to dance to!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Let my Love Open the Door by PeteTownsend - worked out great!
  • edited December 2011
    "Hey Soul Sister" by Train
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I love the "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" We are doing "Knock You Down" by Kanye, Ne-Yo and Keri Hillson, but that also is kind of an inside joke between myself and FI.
    You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.- Dr. Seuss Wedding Countdown Ticker
    83 Invited image 32 Attending image2 Declined image Still Waiting 49 image
  • SineadHickeySineadHickey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Highway to Hell - AC/DC
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rcrivardrcrivard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Forever" by Chris Brown - good lyrics for a wedding!
  • alliesonoalliesono member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using "Friday I'm in Love" by The Cure. Seemed perfect for a Friday wedding!
  • SineadHickeySineadHickey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_bridal-party-entrance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:d4dd66aa-a5b8-41a3-ac2c-978133eb2548Post:2219103a-b2c8-4a51-a268-44230be3cd42">Re: Bridal Party entrance song</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Forever" by Chris Brown - good lyrics for a wedding!
    Posted by rcrivard[/QUOTE]

I totally wanted to enter my ceremony the way they did in that infamous youtube video to that song. However, everyones seen it and I'd look like a lame copy cat. Gret song for your reception entrance though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

FI really wants to use the very beginning of "Dr Feelgood" I mentioned it kind of joking and he wont let it go!  It would be ok I guess!

• BudnotesBudnotes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony was very classic and traditional and I just wanted to cut loose for the reception - we walked into Pink's "Get This Party Started."  It was great!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers image Daisypath Christmas tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We walked into the instrumental of Crazy in Love by Beyonce & JayZ... A friend of mine had us walk into Down by Jay Sean I think?
  • vamrogersvamrogers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using "Little Less Conversation" by Elvis!!!
  • ekweirekweir member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to use Its A Beautiful Day by U2.
  • akpetersenakpetersen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're coming in to Stand Up by Prodigy. It will get the blood flowing
  • edited December 2011
    we are doing usher and pitbull's DJ got us falling in love... for reception though, just FYI...
    ~basquing in the wedded bliss~
  • mari_gravinamari_gravina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like that Goo Goo Dolls  - I'll be the greatest fan of your life... But I dont know if I'll use it as I am Brazilian and my guests do not understand the lirycs...
  • edited December 2011
    We are using "I Got A Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas.   My DJ suggested "Y'all Ready for This" from 2 Unlimited.  It as a tough choice - I made a decision, but I am still going back and forth in my head!
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing "Countdown" by Jupiter One.  The drummer is a dear friend (and the drummer for Regina Spektor!!!) and he will be at the wedding and will FLIP when hear hears it.  It's a really cool song!
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding is over a year away, but I think we want to use the song "Love You Madly" by Cake.  If you have ever seen the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall it is in that movie at the begining- very upbeat!
  • edited December 2011
    "I've Gotta Feeling" - Black Eyed Peas.  The words are perfect, and it's just FUN!
  • mudy2315mudy2315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My bridal party is coming out to Pitbull's "I like it".. Still haven't decided on what we are coming out too.. Love all the suggestions on here!!!

• edited December 2011
    We originally wanted "I've got a feeling" by Black Eyed Peas, but it's been played at every wedding that we've been to this summer. I love the song, but we want something different now. We're now thinking of Enrique's "I Like It". It's great to read all the other suggestions too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards