Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFF

Re: FFF

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:13154e6c-5cad-4cb7-a8ce-6310cf789d56Post:3087646d-0ade-415d-b057-455c63286685">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : She did realize he was a d-bag though.  She clearly stated she was through with him and with her so-called "friends" who were involved.  There was no hint in her posts that she was even remotely considering getting back together with him.  Since she was clearly done with him (at least, it was clear to me), I guess I just didn't see the point in making her feel even worse. 
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

I see your point. I didn't think that she was holding out hope that they could work things out or anything. It did seem though that she thought it was just this one night where he'd cheated. She'd mentioned something in the thread about now knowing whether the STD came from the stripper or someone involved in the group sex. Chances are very slim that it came from one of those two encounters.
  • Options
    Here's my thing with the herpes girl. Herpes aside, her ex-FI still slept with his GM AND her BM. So whether or not the herpes was contracted from that night, from before, or hell from a previous relationship she had (highly unlikely), he still fvcking cheated.
  • Options
    I got nuttin.

Oh hai everyone. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:13154e6c-5cad-4cb7-a8ce-6310cf789d56Post:59c0c315-3ab0-4adf-b57b-4f5df496035d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : But she is already leaving him, so going "well he was cheating all along." Isn't helping anything, as she already ended it.
    Posted by redheadfsu[/QUOTE]

I get that. I just disagree, because I don't think seeing the situation through rose colored glasses was helping her any. Yes, she ended it. But over this one incident, and not all the of the other incidents that had probably been happening all along.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:13154e6c-5cad-4cb7-a8ce-6310cf789d56Post:6222828f-8252-4c2d-9f5e-d50529f70184">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I WISH that STD thread was MUD.  I do think that it's real though, which is so incredibly sad. I hate it when people say <strong>"At least it's not ________" in any case when someone is upset about something.  Who are you to judge levels of misery?
    </strong>Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

I hate that too. It's just as annoying as one-upping people, trying to make their situation seem insignificant.
    I flame ilovetorobot in the post a little earlier asking about bridesmaids dresses. There were a lot of suggestions and you just had to point out why every single one wouldn't work for you. I dunno, I guess when I ask for suggestions I know not every single one is going to work for me, I just think it's annoying to point that out. Especially when you didn't give all the info at first, it was sort of as people made suggestions you'd add more in just to point out why their idea was wrong. Maybe I'm wrong, that's just the vibe I got.
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:13154e6c-5cad-4cb7-a8ce-6310cf789d56Post:4ecaab89-c2f0-4efc-814d-e2ca4ac8a3f2">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I hate that too. It's just as annoying as one-upping people, trying to make their situation seem insignificant. I flame ilovetorobot in the post a little earlier asking about bridesmaids dresses. There were a lot of suggestions and you just had to point out why every single one wouldn't work for you. I dunno, I guess when I ask for suggestions I know not every single one is going to work for me, I just think it's annoying to point that out. Especially when you didn't give all the info at first, it was sort of as people made suggestions you'd add more in just to point out why their idea was wrong. Maybe I'm wrong, that's just the vibe I got.
    Posted by NicoleSahara[/QUOTE]

And the "thick" thing was kind of a "woah" moment for me. And then she ran away right quick didn't she?

Edit: NVM, I saw she came back with a rebuttal. TK was hiding that from me earlier ...
    Lizzie
  • Options
    I agree MK. Doesn't matter how she contracted herpes, her ex-FI still cheated. To me, her herpes diagnosis just added to an extremely crappy situation. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Man, this FFF died fast.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:13154e6c-5cad-4cb7-a8ce-6310cf789d56Post:65214cd0-7530-4c90-8c86-0861d2f45fac">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : And the "thick" thing was kind of a "woah" moment for me. And then she ran away right quick didn't she? Edit: NVM, I saw she came back with a rebuttal. TK was hiding that from me earlier ...
    Posted by aragx6[/QUOTE]

It was hiding it from me too. I don't think "kiss ass comments" are necessary, but if you want helpful advice you've got to give people something to work with. "I want dresses that go with my colors." Ok genius, without saying what your colors are how is that helpful at all?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I posted something Bay, and others probably did too but TK ate it.

ETA - Now I look like a crazy person because it finally showed up. (At least for me)
  • Options
    Hi Birdie!!

• Options
    Lets see where this one shows up!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:13154e6c-5cad-4cb7-a8ce-6310cf789d56Post:97ef6fdb-a0ae-454f-98d1-b1a5720d4c0d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame people who call MUD. Even if something is MUD, it's usually either entertaining or sad. If it's entertaining, why not play along? And if it's sad, there is a chance that it's not MUD, so why make the person feel worse? And mostly people who call MUD because it thinks it makes them look smart or something are annoying.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

<div>This drives me crazy too. And the people who call troll. </div>
  • Options
    I'm going to walk away now, TK is pissing me off. Why can't they fix this shiit?
  • Options
    I am so glad valentines day is over so we don't have to listen to people's sanctimonious bullshiit about how they don't celebrate the holiday and blah blah blah.

Cool beans guys. Really I am so glad you felt the need to share that with us.
  • Options
    Dude TK won't even let me post about leaving TK for today because of this ish.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:13154e6c-5cad-4cb7-a8ce-6310cf789d56Post:dc308ef0-7caf-42e9-9377-d96fcf542954">FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Did anything happen this week?</strong> The only thing I've got is CMGr yesterday in this thread: <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bored-10">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bored-10</a> I'm going to totally ignore the whole posting a thread thinking we're going to get amusement out of the etiquette faux pas on another board, and calling a commitment ceremony a "fake wedding". My issue is with the herpes conversation. First she compares getting herpes from and ex-FI with her friend's ex-FI who got his ex-wife pregnant. When people pointed out it was completely different because her friend could walk away with no constant reminder. Herpes girl has to deal with that for the rest of her life. A reminder every time an outbreak happens. When that happened her next comment was, "Well at least it wasn't HIV." You're right, it's not HIV, but it's not a fvcking competition. The poor girl has herpes. Talking about how it coule be worse isn't going to make that any better.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

Way too much herpes talk. I think the "Bored?" thread was a call for back up or something and I thought it was lame.
    Thats all I have right now other than to agree that the party line stuff is getting old.
  • Options
    But we have St. Patty's day coming up Rosie.  Next will be the wave of people admonishing everyone for using the holiday as an excuse to get drunk.  Uh, I don't need an excuse to get drunk, thankyouveryfuckingmuch.  AND I have 3 four leaf clover tattoos.  So suck it haters.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:13154e6c-5cad-4cb7-a8ce-6310cf789d56Post:519c831a-6c50-4ab9-9a95-c3a2b992b8bf">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]But we have St. Patty's day coming up Rosie.  Next will be the wave of people admonishing everyone for using the holiday as an excuse to get drunk.  Uh, I don't need an excuse to get drunk, thankyouveryfuckingmuch.  AND I have 3 four leaf clover tattoos.  So suck it haters.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Woah Woah Woah, everyone knows St. Patrick's day isn't a day just to drink. It's a day to celebrate the arrival of my wonderful presence on this planet.
  • Options
    Rosie - I agree with you.  I think it means more to get flowers/candy/a card on a random Tuesday than because it's a holiday to do so... That said, I smiled when I got home to find flowers from H at my door. :).
  • Options
    adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012

That's what I like to call a win-win, MK.

• Options
    I've been roped into celebrating St Pattys Day because J and his family are holy balls Irish. Not that I cared one way or another about it before, but now I kind of have to. ;)
  • Options
    I love St. Patty's day.  I'm kind of sad that we're leaving for our cruise the next day. I'm not sure if we'll still go out or not.  We have an "Irish" pub (it's a chain) literally right around the corner from us, so we might still go out for a bit.

• Options
    I've already complained enough on here about people being downers about holidays, so I won't go into that again.

That being said, I never need a good excuse to eat potatoes and get drunk.  And I'm 1/4 Irish and H is 1/2, so yeah, St. Pat's is a big deal in the Baystate House.

• Options
    I like Irish food. I don't drink, so at least it is an excuse to eat yummy irish stuff.
  • Options
    Ok, I have a flame now. I was skimming through the GM thread and was put off by Ali092011. She was making fun of people who put 2.9 GPA on their resume as showing off how "Mediocre" they are. That pissed me off. I know in many jobs you don't have to put your GPA to get the job, so maybe 2.9 shouldn't be put unless its required. But jeez, way to make people sound dumber than they maybe are with that GPA. I might be sensitive because I got a 3.2 GPA in college due to a few classes that were my downfall(having to retake a required stats class a few times and one ASL class where my partner completely fucked me over on our final project...stories for another day), but hell I do NOT feel mediocre and my GPA was not that much higher than that. /rant
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:13154e6c-5cad-4cb7-a8ce-6310cf789d56Post:28a43ffa-e3f3-4e4d-8243-322dc2662d47">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I have a flame now. <strong>I was skimming through the GM thread and was put off by Ali092011. She was making fun of people who put 2.9 GPA on their resume as showing off how "Mediocre" they are.</strong> That pissed me off. I know in many jobs you don't have to put your GPA to get the job, so maybe 2.9 shouldn't be put unless its required. But jeez, way to make people sound dumber than they maybe are with that GPA. I might be sensitive because I got a 3.2 GPA in college due to a few classes that were my downfall(having to retake a required stats class a few times and one ASL class where my partner completely fucked me over on our final project...stories for another day), but hell I do NOT feel mediocre and my GPA was not that much higher than that. /rant
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Um.  I graduated from undergrad with a 3.05 GPA.  It's not genius, but it doesn't make me a semi-moron either.  Making fun of people for their GPAs is stupid. 

• Options
    Man, the 2.75 GPA I graduated with must make me a total moron then if you're using that logic. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:13154e6c-5cad-4cb7-a8ce-6310cf789d56Post:144158e3-b2d6-4b59-9d58-47d526974ea1">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF :   Um.  I graduated from undergrad with a 3.05 GPA.  It's not genius, but it doesn't make me a semi-moron either.  Making fun of people for their GPAs is stupid. 
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Plus for my resume for my career, I am pretty much required to put my GPAs on there. I don't think GPA is the best measure of how "mediocre" or not someone's intelligence is.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:13154e6c-5cad-4cb7-a8ce-6310cf789d56Post:95e36963-c9ba-4195-a224-b86fda6708dc">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rosie - I agree with you.  I think it means more to get flowers/candy/a card on a random Tuesday than because it's a holiday to do so... That said, I smiled when I got home to find flowers from H at my door. :).
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

I mean isn't showing people love a good thing? And I thought single people were bitter about it. Yeesh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards