Snarky Brides

Quirks

Re: Quirks

• AATB, I wish I could. It's like if I go anywhere at all and try, my body's like "NAO."
    And then I have an overwhelming need to go as soon as I step in my front door.
    I take off running and yell behind me "Put on semi-charmed life!"
    FI knows the drill.
  • edited February 2012
    I take apart my sandwiches/burgers when I eat them. I sleep with a stuffed animal. For some reason, I ALWAYS have to go pee after I brush my teeth. I like Diet Coke for the taste. And for some reason, when I drink it, it makes me hungry. Edited for spelling...stupid iPhone.
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Lol at your story AATB, a similar thing happened at our house with the one roommate none of us got along with too well. She did flush, but it got stuck (yeah it was that big) and she must not have noticed. The other three of us were all dying laughing and the one guy we lived with nicknamed her 6x6 after that. 

Anyway my quirks, crunchy things give me goosebumps (croutons are the worst). Just typing about it right now is giving me goosebumps.

I always have to open the shower curtain and check to make sure nothing's in there before I can go to the bathroom.

I don't eat the tips of french fries.

I never go to the bathroom with the door open. It is always closed and locked, even if I'm home alone.

I check my alarm like 3 times every night before going to bed just to make sure I set it. Also I never go to sleep without setting my alarm, even on the weekends. I'm afraid I'll sleep for some ridiculous amount of time if I don't have an alarm wake me up.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:788c56d3-5b7d-45fe-9573-09c0c64c5e5f">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quirks : cant aligators come outta the toilet? I dont understand how cause those pipes are pretty smalla nd windy but maybe? The insides of how a toilet works sort of fascinates me though, how it just... works.   Also, curious. <strong>Why do people in other countries just poop in holes? like squat over them. That seems just terrible to me. Poop time is supposed to be relaxing time, not working your thigh muscles time.
    </strong>Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Yeah... so, I definitely experienced this when I was in Zambia.  I was working at a school out in the middle of a rural village and started having symptoms of an intestinal parasite.  Hallucinations, throbbing headache, cold sweats... and explosive events of the BM variety.  What resources did I have at my disposal?  A hole in a wooden plank in the middle of a field.  No trees or bushes or doors to conceal me.  Just me, the tall blowing grass, my blurry vision and a hole.  Worst situation ever. 
  • I don't eat the ends of sandwiches. It gets all soft from me holding it and grosses me out. H has no problem with this and always eats the end of my sandwich.

I didn't use to poo anywhere but home but I am over that now. I poo at work most days, but I don't usually just poo in the Kmart or something, I try to hold it in that case.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:4a5fb522-9f62-48b7-bc6d-3068ae40bba7">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quirks : Yeah... so, I definitely experienced this when I was in Zambia.  I was working at a school out in the middle of a rural village and started having symptoms of an intestinal parasite.  Hallucinations, throbbing headache, cold sweats... and explosive events of the BM variety.  What resources did I have at my disposal?  A hole in a wooden plank in the middle of a field.  No trees or bushes or doors to conceal me.  Just me, the tall blowing grass, my blurry vision and a hole.  Worst situation ever. 
    Posted by chirpchirp[/QUOTE]
    Right then, thats going on my list of countries not to go to. That sounds terrible.
  • A lot of people I work with always say they dont poop at work, as if it somehow makes them better than others. I cant imagine having to poop at like 10am and holding it until I got home. That just baffles me, why do that to yourself. 
  • I pee or poop with the door open all the time at home.  The only time I close it is when we have guests in the house.

Growing up, I shared one bathroom with my three sisters and parents.  Locking the bathroom door was a big no-no, lol.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:4a5fb522-9f62-48b7-bc6d-3068ae40bba7">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quirks : Yeah... so, I definitely experienced this when I was in Zambia.  I was working at a school out in the middle of a rural village and started having symptoms of an intestinal parasite.  Hallucinations, throbbing headache, cold sweats... and explosive events of the BM variety.  What resources did I have at my disposal?  A hole in a wooden plank in the middle of a field.  No trees or bushes or doors to conceal me.  Just me, the tall blowing grass, my blurry vision and a hole.  Worst situation ever. 

Holy hell. That would be AWFUL. I could not imagine getting sick there. I also experienced the hole in the ground when I went to Tunisia. We stopped at a rest place and I had to pay half a dollar to use the washroom. A man stood outside and collected the money. There was no toilet paper or any means to clean yourself. It's the one time I was glad I wasn't able to shiit in public, because that would have gotten messy fast.
    I came out of the bathroom and mentioned it to a male friend who had gone in at the same time. Apparently he had toilets and a sink, and didn't have to pay to use it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:4a5fb522-9f62-48b7-bc6d-3068ae40bba7">Re: Quirks</a>:

Oh fuckme, that sounds like a nightmare.
    panther
  • I can at work.  Coffee has that affect on me.  Usually I wait until the OMG SERIOUSLY I HAVE TO GO NOW wave has hit then it's an awesome 30 seconds in the bathroom and done.  Any longer and I start to get nervous.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:5dd83e27-efd6-4cfb-bb5f-a13d5a1acc63">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL @ 6x6!!!
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

She wasn't home when we discovered the atrocity, so she didn't ever know what that meant, and every time he said it we'd all die laughing.
  • Seriously what is it about coffee?  A half hour after I drink coffee it's go time.  I mean, I don't mind it.  In fact, it's kinda nice.  But whatthehell.
    panther
  • Didnt we learn why the last time we had a poop discussion? Something about it affecting your butt muscles.
  • Guys, I still shudder when I think about it.  Thank Christ our Lord that I had a small pack of wet wipes with me for cleaning my face and hands after working.  I don't even want to think about how it would have ended if I didn't have something to wipe with. 
  • That sounds awful chirpchirp.

OMG I just remembered one time I went sledding with my friends and I'm not sure if it was from the running around or what, but I had to go RIGHTNOW. Luckily I had tissue in my car so I ran out into the trees and pooped. I was so embarrassed, but I just could not hold it. I have peed outside plenty of times camping and stuff, but never pooped before or after that. I have never told anyone that, not even H. You're welcome.
  • I don't get the coffee thing either.  Works better than any fiber product I've ever known.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:e51cea08-fb44-4968-8098-4151663592b2">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always have a small strip from an old t-shirt with me. I twirl it through my fingers all the time. I keep one in my pillowcase, my truck, the jeep, the camaro, the boat, the living room, my desk at home and my desk at work. I also keep two in my purse just incase I somehow get somewhere without one. Michael said I twirl it nonstop in my sleep, too. It started with my baby blanket that my grandma made me. It was a twin size blanket and I twirl it until there was nothing left so now I resort to old t-shirts. One strip lasts me about 3 weeks before it completely disintegrates.  Everything in my linen closet has to be folded to the same size. If one towel is the wrong size, I'll refold the entire closet. I hang up almost all of our clothes because I can't fold without getting wrinkles.  I hate feet, like a lot. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

I am way behind, but Dmill!  I have a piece of jean that I do the same thing to!  I have pieces that I call my "travel denim" and "sleep denim."  The pair of jeans these pieces are coming from are going to be gone soon and I don't know what I'll do at that point!

First the Browns and then this! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:b04015da-b448-414f-97a3-450277b0df5a">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Didnt we learn why the last time we had a poop discussion? Something about it affecting your butt muscles.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Lol what?!  I thought it was a natural diuretic.  Which would make sense why I also have to pee constantly for a couple hours after drinking it.
    panther
  • If it affects the butt muscles than I should have an ass you could bounce a quarter off of (which I don't) with the amount of coffee I drink. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:9417167b-b6d9-4197-9877-bfcbbbf92850">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds awful chirpchirp. OMG I just remembered one time I went sledding with my friends and I'm not sure if it was from the running around or what, but I had to go RIGHTNOW. Luckily I had tissue in my car so I ran out into the trees and pooped. I was so embarrassed, but I just could not hold it. I have peed outside plenty of times camping and stuff, but never pooped before or after that. I have never told anyone that, not even H. You're welcome.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is funny.  This happened to my BIL.  They were on a road trip and he had to go YESTERDAY and my sister said they stopped the car and he just fucking bolted out of the car and ran out into a field, dropped trou and bam.
    panther
  • No like it.. affects your butt HOLE muscles. it stimulates them or something. 
  • Sphincter says what?  :)
  • I can't have anyone take a bite from my sandwich or hamburger because they might leave chewed up food stuck to the edges/corners of the bite.  I have to cut the bit part off if DH helps himself to a bite.

I cannot stand to be tickled or startled.  Instant rage.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:058b0378-8bed-43e7-b47e-7b17bb4991e2">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]No like it.. affects your butt HOLE muscles. it stimulates them or something. 
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Now that's interesting.  Like really interesting. 

But like... how would stimulating the butt hole muscles make your bowels move?

I feel like I'm learning so much today.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:0d61dc7b-0703-4c11-8fc8-3ee5265ef302">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quirks : Now that's interesting.  Like really interesting.  But like... <strong>how would stimulating the butt hole muscles make your bowels move?</strong> I feel like I'm learning so much today.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Isn't that what momma cats do to their kittens to make them go?
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I'm another flat sheet hatter. Growing up we never used them so I just thought they were weird. Now I know that we were weird, but whatever. I refuse to use them.

Also, I've read some stuff that implies squatting to poop is actually easier and better for you. 

ETA: LINK
  • Theres a guy at work and at an event a few weeks ago he asked if I was going to finish a cold cut and I said no so he took it off my plate with his fork. Then he had a cookie and asked if I wanted to try it and even though he had 3 bites already I took it. I dont know why it doesnt bother me. I think it should? but it doesnt.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quirks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fac08410-6264-4147-a146-c251f5b7cb82Post:9f660b4e-74a4-47bd-93be-9505ec6d70ae">Re: Quirks</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quirks : Isn't that what momma cats do to their kittens to make them go?
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Cats lick their kittens buttholes... but I don't think coffee licks my butthole.

But I spose you're right, lol.
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards