Wedding Etiquette Forum

Really? (warning, baby names and clothed belly pics)

I know, I shouldn't be surprised at this. 

Listing "mommy" as an occupation is honestly just lame.
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Really? (warning, baby names and clothed belly pics)

• Agreed!
    "does this sweater make me look fat?" "no, the fact that your fat makes you look fat. That sweater just makes you look purple".
  • Totally.
    Speaking of FB- "Baby #1 due.." is the cutest thing to me for some reason. Adding that "#1" just made it cute
  • lol, I didn't know what to write!

I never know what to write in that space, anyway.

• I predict that Baby #1 is going to come a day early on my 1-year anniversary because I am just that cool. :)
  • I hate the word "mommy' in general.  My MOH still calls her parents "mommy" and "daddy."  It.drives.me.up.the.wall.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:4e7b2868-401c-40ca-90e3-37f0ceea7b18">Re: Really? (FB rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I predict that Baby #1 is going to come a day early on my 1-year anniversary because I am just that cool. :)
    Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]

gg - you won't be upset that my baby takes away from your special daaaaaaaaaay?

• Nah. I don't mind a cute baby stealing my thunder.
  • No seriously secret I practically squeed. Adorable.
    gg- I hope so too. Little baby Gretchen born on your anniv. Sucrets- You're naming her Gretch right?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:15a0ad74-18d1-482d-804e-8b51ae86eff8">Re: Really? (FB rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]No seriously secret I practically squeed. Adorable. gg- I hope so too. Little baby Gretchen born on your anniv. Sucrets- You're naming her Gretch right?
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

Yesssssssss! Do ittttttttttt! :) Haha.
  • I do like the name, but Bryan just looked at me when I added it to the list.  I was like "I've always liked it!"  Maybe he thinks I have a girl crush on you?  lol

• Think we agreed on Ainsley, but not sure of a middle name.  I like Emmalyn.

wdyt of Ainsley Emmalyn ___?  (you all know our last name)

• How much longer until we know what Baby Sucrets is, anyway?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Maybe Gretchen Amanda...? I love my name for me but I don't want anyone to name their baby that, it seems to out of date
  • ;)

Our friends who are expecting had Gretchen on their list too, but it didn't make the cut. :( I still like the name they chose though!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:e7595148-f0c2-421c-a19e-2230f025e942">Re: Really? (FB rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]How much longer until we know what Baby Sucrets is, anyway?
    Posted by brookelynpaisley[/QUOTE]

The big ultrasound will be after we get back from New Years.  We have the next ob appt on tuesday, so I might ask if they can take a looksie and give an educated guess.

• I love Ainsley. I feel the Emmalyn makes the spelling too complex though :(
  • What do you think of Eisley?
    Also, Does Greyson "grey" Brady (brady is last name) look masculine?
  • I like Ainsley Emmalyn (I see he won with the 1 "n"!) a lot.
  • Boo.  With our 1 syllable last name, I felt like we needed something longer for a middle name.

• AInsley Emmalyn seems like a bit of a tongue twister.  Will you be able to get that out when she's bad and you want to use her full name?  I really like both those names.  Especially since Ainsley was a character on the West Wing ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:bcbf533e-c140-4914-a4d1-93d2351dba7e">Re: Really? (FB rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like Ainsley Emmalyn (I see he won with the 1 "n"!) a lot.
    Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]

I wanted 1 n, he wanted 2!  I wanted it to be shorter, lol.

• Sucrets - When my friend said they took a look at their U/S on Monday, he said there was no question that it was a girl. She is about 19/20 weeks along (and due May 4th.) Drs told her she was 19 at first, but then said she may be closer to 20 because she is further along than 19.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:41a22ba3-e2a6-46c9-97d1-5cbe20530149">Re: Really? (FB rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Especially since Ainsley was a character on the West Wing ;)
    Posted by julezlee[/QUOTE]

That's why DH likes it!

• Hmm, what do you think of (don't laugh if you hate it..) Ainsley Amelie?
    hmm might be too tongue twisty too on second though
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:03966fe1-8b75-49e6-8f3d-ae91bdb1a0de">Re: Really? (FB rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you think of Eisley? Also, Does Greyson "grey" Brady (brady is last name) look masculine?
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

How do you say Eisley?  ice-lee?

I like Greyson, but don't think DH does.  We haven't yet discussed boy names, though.

• Sucrets (again) - FWIW, if we ever have a girl, we are planning to name her _____ Mae LastName. So, middle and last names will be 1 syllable. I don't think it sounds bad, as long as the first name is at least 2-3 syllables.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:add1e305-a0eb-4b30-879a-ddeac6498135">Re: Really? (FB rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Really? (FB rant) : How do you say Eisley?  ice-lee? I like Greyson, but don't think DH does.  We haven't yet discussed boy names, though.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Um, hello. Copernicus! Duh!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:516d6049-51a0-4f8c-ae60-a358659ed8a8">Re: Really? (FB rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sucrets - When my friend said they took a look at their U/S on Monday, he said there was no question that it was a girl. She is about 19/20 weeks along (and due May 4th.) Drs told her she was 19 at first, but then said she may be closer to 20 because she is further along than 19.
    Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]

Dating by ultrasound in the 1st tri is actually really accurate.  From there, the baby can grow at different rates.  Being a few days off is pretty common, and people rarely go on their due date.

• DH and I may sometimes go through all the characters on WW in talking about names for babies and/or pets.

GG - I had Mae as one of my baby middle names for a long time.  I really like it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards