Getting in Shape

Need some help.

1. What are some work outs for big chested women that actually work? I trying doing some jumping jacks an about knocked myself out. And running kills my back.

2. I hate hate hate veggies. Like I gag just looking at them. All of them. Any suggestions? I am probably the pickiest eater on earth.

Thanks! :
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need some help.

• Two sports bras.... Gotta try! And I will totally be checking out the site thanks so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cycling! No bounce, and awesome glutes. I don't like veggies either, I usually have them steamed (broccoli, carrots, zucchini) and sauté them with some grilled chicken in a relatively healthy sauce. I look for sauces with hardly any sugar that aren't cream-based.
  • Go to a specialty store and get fitted for the RIGHT sports bra.  I have had major chafing problems on long runs in the past, and once I found the right sports bra, was able to prevent that.  Victoria's Secret actually makes great sports bras-not sure what size they go up to, but at least a D and probably larger.  Lucy or Lululemon might be other good bets.  Be prepared to drop some cash though--a great sports bra at a specialty store isn't cheap (with Victoria's Secret the exception), and you should expect to spend $60+ for something really good.
  • I second the two bra thing, or a good sports bra and a tank with built in support as well. I typically use the elliptical for my cardio - so no one gets hurt! lol

It's funny. I've always been a picky eater, but I think it's a matter of finding a way to prep the veggies that you'll like. I STILL don't like potato - weird, I know - but I will eat squash, carrots, broccoli (I adore it), cauliflower, cabbage, corn, lettuce, cucumber ... but I'm not a traditional boiled veggie type person.

And yes, hiding them in other food works really well. "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld is a kid's cookbook but the stuff in it is amazing. My favourites are brownies (made with carrots and spinach), and chick-pea chocolate chip cookies.

Be open to trying them, if nothing else. once I made up my mind to try to like them, it got easier.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll also echo the two bras thing - I actually wear an underwire bra that is about half a cup-size too small and then a sports bra on top of it...it hugs everything in tightly and prevents crazy bounce. 

And you might think you don't like veggies, but maybe there are certain ones you can tolerate more than others. I love love broccoli, asparagus and green beans...but I can't stand brussel sprouts (I even recently retried them and they're still awful to me). It also matters how they're cooked. I can grill, stir fry or steam the veggies but I absolutely won't eat them raw or slightly undercooked.
  • I always wear a cami with one of those tiny elastic straps they call a bra lol. But I actually found a good bra at target the straps aren't the best but I bought 2 so ill use them together and toss on the cami. Victoria's Secret looks at me like I'm insane when I try there 44ddd but lane Bryant is like a savior. I never checked there for sports bras there. I just jumped to the conclusion that I needed to switch up my workout. Thanks ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The best way to lose weight without sacrifices is to stop eating carbs.
    I lost over 25 pounds eating great foods, but I stop eating bread, pasta, rice and any sugars.
    Give this a try for a week and you wont believe how good it works. I lost 6 pounds the first week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards