Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Monday night

Re: Monday night

• Options
    We haven't talked much about names, but I've always loved Tziporrah. A boy would probably be Jonas, but my family doesn't make boys, so there's that.
  • Options
    Thats really sad Mica - I'm sorry to hear that : (

I like Chloe for a girl. I've always loved that name. I also really like the name Nathan, but FI isn't as crazy about that one.
  • Options
    Lissa, does your FIs family make boys? Because I'm pretty sure that's more important. 
  • Options
    Mica, I'm sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    That's so sad, Mica :(

I hate it when TV shows popularize a baby name.  Or literature.  Seems like every other kid is named Bella.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    How do you pronounce Tzipporah? Is the 't' silent? 
  • Options
    Mica that's no good :(

FI still wants to name the kids Chaos and have him teach at a University. The other one is Optimus Prime. Needless to say we are not having kids anytime soon.

Oh, for girls it is Chlamydia
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Mica, I'm so sorry!

Tzipporah is a really nice name, its very unique!

FI hates pretty much every name I have suggested. The only names we have agreed on are Jacobus James & Violet (he hates Emma).

I also love the name Elizabeth, but FI doesnt like it. At one point we were just like "well ill name the girls and you [FI] name the boys" but that isnt going to work lol FI will name them something insanely ridiculous. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey, everyone!

I completely crashed after I got home from work, but H is still at work so I'm just hanging out and trying to drum up the energy to cook dinner.

I think we've settled on Evan for a boy and no name for a girl. We're look at Girl Child Lastname until we can agree on something.
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I'm so sorry to hear that Mica.

The format is fine. I'm trying to get a sig, but it's huge, and I don't know how to resize. I put the pic in my avatar, but it's small there. Sigh. I guess I can't win.
  • Options
    Okay, branching off now, I have a FB friend that I'm about to de-friend. He's really irritating me. I'm not a prude or anything and bad language doesn't generally bother me, but EVERY DAY he's got some kind of swear word in his status and it's getting old. 

"Iron F*cking Maiden to get ready for tonight. F*ck yes!" 
    "Hello fayettef*ck! Miss me?"
    "I want to hear a song about c*nts"

Okay. You're a bad boy. Good job. 

/end rant
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6974c1ff-0dd3-4b5c-b1b0-ffc159a5732aPost:9ea67510-8886-41a3-89e5-f4251786e770">Re: Monday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lissa, does your FIs family make boys? Because I'm pretty sure that's more important. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

Haha, he's an only child & only has one cousin, who's also a boy. So yes!

But I was reading some interesting research that suggested the mother does play a part in gender determination, since the pH of the uterus can influence which sperm survive and which don't. So it makes a little more sense that my family only has girls (my mom's side is at 4 generations, 22 girls, 1 boy, currently).
  • Options
    Lissa that's true about the utereus. Also crazy about 22 girls and only 1 boy! O.O

Hi Nates :D

Look at my wedding boot!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks everyone.  The death was expected to H and me, but H's best friend is in shock.  :/

I loved the name Emma before Ross and Rachel ruined it.  Grr.  I hate that pop culture uses up the names I really liked from childhood.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6974c1ff-0dd3-4b5c-b1b0-ffc159a5732aPost:9bf5aba8-7946-4ea7-8c10-64a861d2ed36">Re: Monday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday night : Yeah. ETA: Actually, I think you do pronounce it.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I've heard it a couple different ways, but usually like the 'ts' in tsar, where you press your tongue against your two front teeth to make the sound.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6974c1ff-0dd3-4b5c-b1b0-ffc159a5732aPost:3248d7a6-1786-4d4b-a10e-82c25088f56e">Re: Monday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mica, I'm so sorry! Tzipporah is a really nice name, its very unique! FI hates pretty much every name I have suggested. The only names we have agreed on are Jacobus James & Violet (he hates Emma). I also love the name Elizabeth, but FI doesnt like it. At one point we were just like "well ill name the girls and you [FI] name the boys" but that isnt going to work lol FI will name them something insanely ridiculous. 
    Posted by DileniN[/QUOTE]
    My family has a tradition of Elizabeths, so H is not getting out of that one :P

Sparent, ha at Clamydia. Spell it super spayshul, too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6974c1ff-0dd3-4b5c-b1b0-ffc159a5732aPost:da35aa1a-d95d-4917-af0e-29381e875dcf">Re: Monday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, branching off now, I have a FB friend that I'm about to de-friend. He's really irritating me. I'm not a prude or anything and bad language doesn't generally bother me, but EVERY DAY he's got some kind of swear word in his status and it's getting old.  "Iron F*cking Maiden to get ready for tonight. F*ck yes!"  "Hello fayettef*ck! Miss me?" "I want to hear a song about c*nts" Okay. You're a bad boy. Good job.  /end rant
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]
    lol someone like that would annoy me too. <div>
    </div><div>This girl on my facebook who I worked with is getting married June 7th and she has been updating her facebook with statuses about RSVPing to her wedding. Her latest status is "If you havent RSVPed to our wedding please do as soon as you can at "enteremailhere@gmail.com whether you are coming or not". I thought it was funny haha</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mica, I'm sorry to hear that :( That must be really hard.

• Options
    zizibetzizibet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi  everybody.. Delurking because I like this board. Waiting for my fiance to get home. Thinking of fixing pasta for dinner, and maybe going to Target later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6974c1ff-0dd3-4b5c-b1b0-ffc159a5732aPost:4478d774-194c-4c35-8347-4af1f36937c4">Re: Monday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lissa that's true about the utereus. Also crazy about 22 girls and only 1 boy! O.O Hi Nates :D Look at my wedding boot!
    Posted by sparent2010[/QUOTE]

You're telling me. Family get togethers are drama central.

And nice boots!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6974c1ff-0dd3-4b5c-b1b0-ffc159a5732aPost:b63dfe3d-3b9e-4b48-a657-9f84462d17d7">Re: Monday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday night : Haha, he's an only child & only has one cousin, who's also a boy. So yes! But I was reading some interesting research that suggested the mother does play a part in gender determination, since the pH of the uterus can influence which sperm survive and which don't. So it makes a little more sense that my family only has girls<strong> (my mom's side is at 4 generations, 22 girls, 1 boy, currently)</strong>.
    Posted by lissadelsol[/QUOTE]

<div>That's insane! My grandparents on my dad's side had 5 boys. They all went on to have both girls and boys though so I guess my poor grandmother just wasn't very lucky. Apparently for the last two pregnancies she REALLY wanted girls. </div>
  • Options
    Dileni - You should email her and say that you and 12 of your close friends will be attending lol
  • Options
    Woo boots! Very cute!

Guys. Ben and Jerry's Red Velvet Cake ice cream? To die for.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6974c1ff-0dd3-4b5c-b1b0-ffc159a5732aPost:f7f456f2-6948-4e1a-a0ed-71ee2b6c0d52">Re: Monday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday night : That's insane! My grandparents on my dad's side had 5 boys. They all went on to have both girls and boys though so I guess my poor grandmother just wasn't very lucky. Apparently for the last two pregnancies she REALLY wanted girls. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

One of my aunts got to 4 trying for a boy... then told my uncle no more!
  • Options
    So tempted poke, so tempted. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    Hi Zizibet.

I <3 your boots, spare.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6974c1ff-0dd3-4b5c-b1b0-ffc159a5732aPost:99e4d0d6-1206-474b-bc5a-39dcc32746f4">Re: Monday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woo boots! Very cute! Guys. Ben and Jerry's Red Velvet Cake ice cream? To die for.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]
    Whoa. B&J make Red Velvet? Gah. Now I want some. Right MEOW.<div>
    </div><div>I can't go to Target without spending $100, even if I just go there for one thing. FI gets so pissed at me because I'll go there to get something like milk and end up with a book, an umbrella, a purse, a card, a shower curtain... and no milk.</div><div>
    </div><div>Speaking of FI, we dealt with some family issues this weekend involving approx. 30 billion phone calls. Bottom line: we're moving the wedding to Albuquerque. Thank god it's a year and a half away and we haven't put any deposits down. I'm not too annoyed, really, other than having to scrap and redo my "vision". (Ha.) I'm actually kind of excited because this means we can do a lot more with our decor and whatnot, and Albuquerque is super pretty.</div>
  • Options
    I keep Aw'ing wedding stuff like a PW, but whatever you all are here b/c you love weddings.

Thanks all - Today was 80 and I worked from 6-6, laaame.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    zizibetzizibet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6974c1ff-0dd3-4b5c-b1b0-ffc159a5732aPost:36130409-4e28-4f98-8664-c7c817dc5b6f">Re: Monday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday night : What do you want to get at Target?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]
    Some small hand weights. Want to try some arm exercises in last month's Brides magazine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    Does B&J red velvet taste like chocolate or sweet cake?  And is there something cream cheese-y involved?  I'm intrigued.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards