Snarky Brides

Vent HERE

Re: Vent HERE

• My work computer is making a horrible grinding noise. None of the IT folks will be here for another hour.It's been so hot here. Hot and humid. By the time noon rolls around every day I'm sticky. It's disgusting.Teething is the debil.

• Thanks for the opportunity to vent:  I feel like a dog-do-snow cone!!! I'm almost over this cold - but still my nose is stuffed & it's in my chest.  It feels hard to breathe!!!! 
  • Also, Bethie - I don't know about there, but here they're only actually testing for swine flu in the very old, the very young, or people that have really severe symptoms, since they probably aren't going to change the way they treat you if they know. I hope you're feeling better soon.

• I have 5.5 weeks until I finish my job and move to DC.  I'm ridiculously impatient.
  • No kidding! That's probably why, since yeah, there's no medicine or anything. The worst part is the body aches. I want to die when those kick in, my god.HT, how's the house? Is your FI all moved in?
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • The economy sucks, and I can't get a teaching job. I quit my crappy job to go back to school and get my M.Ed. and now I'm back here and might be stuck here for another year. I hate it.
  • Bob, MrT is all moved in, but the house is still very sparsely furnished.  We haven't had time to do anything with it since June because we've had to go out of town most weekends this summer.  I'm looking forward to moving my stuff in, acquiring more furniture, and feeling more settled.
  • I got the flu when I was 3 mos pg. My clinic gave me the nose swab test for swine flu and scared the shht out of me until I got the results back (the lady that did the nose swab had a full hazmat-type scrub suit on with a mask and goggles).  It was 3 mos ago when the swine flu was a little newer and there hadn't been any cases in my area.  I didn't get the (neg) results for 5 foffing days.  Awesome!Anyway, feel better soon, Bob :)  Flu sucks.
  • Do you know where they're playing in St. Louis Mamakin?There is a show on MTV right now called Teen Cribs.  Its just really really rich kids showing off what awesome houses they live in.  They're not famous or anything, just rich kids.  LET'S CELEBRATE THEM AND ALL THE THINGS MOM AND DAD'S MONEY CAN BUY!
  • I feel like I'm 5 for even caring, but our baby shower is Saturday and from the look of our registry we'll have 5 presents to open.  I'm afraid we're getting what my MIL's friends' DILs loved.  I just hope it all has gift receipts.  We registered for specific things for a reason.I'm going to go stomp my foot and pout.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Stomp away Audrey.  That's frustrating.  You don't want to have to go spend hundreds of dollars on baby stuff.  I completely get that.
  • [img]<a href="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3523/3745726607_feafbdb0d0_o.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3523/3745726607_feafbdb0d0_o.jpg</a>[/img]

• ftnupsftnups member
    First Comment
    Cali I feel bad for you, I really do, but all I can really focus on is the absolute certainty with which you talk about having a bebeh. Whoop whoop! No vents at this time. Except that there was a large butterflymoththing in my house last night and now I can't find it. WHERE IS IT AND WHAT IS IT GOING TO DO TO ME??
    image Guess who?
  • Fitty, you need some cats. They will eat your bugs until your horrifying scorpions kill them.

• Noisy made me pee myself just a little.  Wet underpants makes me SO MAD.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • HAVE COUGH NEED DRUGS
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • I have another vent.  We got drunk last night and used P&P instead of finding a condom.  I thought we were on the same page of accepting the risk, but now D is all anxious and wanting me to take a morning after pill.  Seriously?  I'm annoyed.  It's expensive and makes me feel crappy.
  • Audrey - If your family/friends are anything like mine and myself, everybody will wait until the day of (or the day before if they are planners) to buy the gifts.  I wouldn't worry until you open your 15th outfit.
  • monj, your FI doesn't happen to caoch soccer does he?
  • Never leave Winged.

• Well, they can treat the flu with Tamiflu. Run of the mill viruses on the other hand, there isn't much they can do because viruses replicate inside our own cells so they can't just kill them, they have to target the virus to keep it from replicating, which is more complicated than an antibiotic.Or so I remember from micro. I may be muddling the facts a bit. In any case, it sounds like you just have a virus, not some secret government conspiracy superbug, and were given the proper course of treatment for one. :)It's weird because it seems like 7 or 8 people on my FB list got sick all at the same time even though they all live in very different areas and don't know each other.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • Sam - this weather sucks the big one. I have a frickin sweatshirt and long pants on. I am this close to putting some wool socks on.
  • uh oh, moo is apparently contagious again.
  • We have an individual AFLAC policy, it's possible to get them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sorry about your job Mamakin, that sucks hard. I feel your job search pain.NP made my morning better just now.My vent/whine is pretty dumb, other cat owners might understand though.I took Paige to the groomers today for the first time, and I have been freaking out about it. I dropped her off less than an hour ago and I have already called twice to check on her, and I am fighting the urge to call again. The lady was really nice, and has two longhair cats of her own, so that made me feel slightly better. But I just keep thinking of her all scared and confused and thinking "I trusted you. How could you abandon me here all alone?!" and that she'll be sad and traumatized forever. 
  • I hate my boss with a passion. He is so lazy and acts stupid to get out of doing things. I have been dying to quit but could never do it without another job. Finding another job right now is well...you know.
  • The cable company has been crediting our bill payments to the wrong foffing account for the past three months, and instead of calling us to notify us that our account was overdue, they shut off the cable and internet. Foff you foffers.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • I tripped over my pants last week and my laptop went flying across the wood floor. It keeps freezing and giving me the BSOD. Damn thing. I never liked it to begin with, but we can't afford a replacement until after I get a new car in the fall.
  • Morning sickness is f*ckin horrible. I feel like crap all the time. I found that I can keep the worst of it away by eating small meals 900x a day, but half the time I don't want to eat (very different for me!) or don't want anything/can't stomach anything I have around. If my stomach gets empty, all bets are off. This does not couple well with the fact that I'm waking twice a night to pee. My stomach is empty then since I haven't mastered eating in my sleep, so I end up sitting on the toilet peeing while at the same time having these weird coughing dry heaves, struggling not to puke. Sh*tty. I'm also fighting off fears about my next ultrasound (less then 3 weeks), since that was when we found out about our miscarriage. This time we had an early ultrasound and everything looks great, the babe had a strong heartbeat... but I just can't shake that fear. I don't know what the fark I would do if we went in and found out we lost another baby.

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards