Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Night Thread

1171819202123»

Re: Night Thread

• Options
    I suck at coming up with names. FI had to help me come up with some names for my toons on WoW.
  • Options
    I honestly don't even know what I would use for a SN if I had to make a new one. I've used this for everything for years. I have a few others that I used to use as well, but I don't really want to be Roxyk456... I think that was my first AIM SN.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I can see why that would make you want to change your SN. I think that's kind of crappy of people. If I want to friend someone on FB I'll PM them because I don't want to make them feel uncomfortable. It would never upset me to get turned down. I know that just because I'm not overly concerned about friending people from a forum, it doesn't mean that other people are as relaxed about it. And neither attitude is really better than the other - to each their own. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:59b4d25e-0905-4217-92a3-fdde6ba3f6a3">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I honestly don't even know what I would use for a SN if I had to make a new one. I've used this for everything for years. I have a few others that I used to use as well, <strong>but I don't really want to be Roxyk456.</strong>.. I think that was my first AIM SN.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>This makes me want to call you Roxy from now on. That'll really confuse people!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:12105c11-68cf-4d82-8f41-470ac2276039">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread : This makes me want to call you Roxy from now on. That'll really confuse people!
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Including me... I would never remember to answer to that. I don't think I've used it since 8th grade, haha.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dc093487-0318-4c3b-a8b6-a661e3cd4c52Post:9a6be371-9006-4c70-bb9e-839bb22c06b0">Re: Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Leisel, sometimes I forget that it's not your real name, even though I KNOW your real name, heh. I have trouble remembering to call people by their actual names on FB... on more than one occasion, I've typed something like, "MuSu" or "Petal" into my search box, instead of their real names.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>I've done the same thing! Good to know it's not just me typing TK names into FB, haha.</div>
  • Options
    I was really excited when I started adding TK people on facebook, but then I was freaking out that someone would call me Leisel on there, because people I know IRL know that it's my cat's name and they'd be like who the hell are these people calling you by your cat's name? These are the things I think about, haha.
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    K ladies, it's bedtime for me. Night!

ETA - Leisel, that's hilarious.
  • Options
  • Options
    Well, the first time I changed, it was hard. After that, it was a lot easier.  I just let the things that are happening in my life influence me so they always change.
  • Options
    No one else is to go to bed. Now that I'm going to WFH today, I need you all to entertain me.
  • Options
    Goodnight, Angel!

• Options
    wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2012
    I'm fading too. Goodnight, ladies!

Edit: Sorry, Snippy. ;)
  • Options
    I'll probably be up for a while. I'm not feeling too hot. 

So what kind of fun stuff do you have planned for your upcoming visit to the US?
  • Options
    Hm, well, visits to Target, Yorktown, Williamsburg, Richmond, Manassas, Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania/Antietam, then in Boston, we're not totally sure. I think we're going to try and fit in a whale watching trip before H has to get stuck in his conference.
  • Options
    That sounds like a lot of fun! What things do you miss the most from the US that you can't get there? I remember longing for certain things while I was in England. And now that I'm here I crave stuff from England lol. 
  • Options
    Mm... it's not specific stuff so much anymore as much as it is concepts or the lifestyle.  Like, we miss the convenience of everything in the US. And we miss the selection.  With only 9 million people in this country, you can imagine that the selection is considerably smaller than what we have there. 

But things close at 5 or 6 here, even on the weekends. And you can't find very many restaurants that are drive-up. You usually ahve to go park in the center of town or take the bus, yada yada, which is a PITA. Overall, however, the food and lifestyle here is great. We're so much healthier than we were in the US.
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    It totally threw me through a loop when I realised how early shops close in England. It makes no sense to me. I mean, if people work 9 - 5 and shops close at 6 at the latest - how are they getting enough business? I mean, I know weekends are busier anyways, but people still go shopping after work. 

I don't mind the absense of drive up restaurants, H and I like sitting down to eat. Even in a place like McDonalds. 

• Options
    No, by drive up, I mean places you can drive to, park and walk in. Like Carabba's or something. We have McD's and the Swedish version of that called Max, but a nice restaurant with its own parking is totally unheard of here.
  • Options
    Holy.crap. I just read that American Idol hired Mariah Carey to be a judge this year. I'm so interested to see how she behaves. Is it going to be a total trainwreck or hysterical? Also, I can't IMAGINE how people are going to react to singing in front of her. Heh.
  • Options
    Oooh, I gotcha. Yeah, I can imagine that sucks. You can't wear heels to go out to a nice dinner unless you want to die, lol. 

But, I think I'm finally fading. Have a good day : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards