Wedding Etiquette Forum

Hey all - it's night now.

Re: Hey all - it's night now.

• Oh, and the ranger came standard with the reception venue. We can't have people making off with the butterfly exhibit.
  • I'm not doing the wife chop any time soon.  I feel like I'll be too old to have really long hair before too long, so if I cut it now, I might never have it this long again.
  • Willy Wally chin length is too short according to H. I was thinking of doing just below and then going to chin length next cut.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:3c270567-2471-4780-b6ba-57c07d369842">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]WBC makes me ragey. I'm a Christian, and my faith is important to me, and I hate that people like that put such a bad connotation with Christianity. Thankfully, most people seem to just write them off as being BSC.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>So agree with you. I have yet to meet anyone who thinks their brand of hate is Christian.</div>
  • I wanted to cut my hair THAT NIGHT. It's been short since. Last week, I had it cut into a chin-length bob. I don't think I'll ever go long again.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:34c1eb5a-05b3-43c8-b5f8-fd5d3fe94b08">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Willy Wally chin length is too short according to H. I was thinking of doing just below and then going to chin length next cut.
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

<div>That'd work! Just do it in small doses. That way it's not such a shock for either one of you. </div>
  • Special, his bestie is also a close friend of mine so I told him the truth. That X couldn't get his shiz together and it would have been a stressful life. 

Meg, Definitely only get bangs if you're sure you'll like them. I got straight across bangs a couple of years ago and LOVED them, however about a year ago I was over them and am still working on growing them out. 
  • I got married December 12, got back from our HM December 23, and cut my hair December 31.

I was really anxious to cut it, but I'm a shorter-hair kind of gal. I've actually put off getting a haircut this summer so that I can get one right before school starts and then by the time the baby gets here and people want to take pictures of me and the baby, my hair won't look like total crap.

I'm so stupid.
  • I just realized what time it is. I'm off to bed, since I have to be up before dawn. I hate being a grown up.
  • I'm growing my hair out.  I'm kinda tired of it being short (it's been a little more than a year).  And since my hair is growing like crazy it's a good time.  Plus, I think I'll appreciate a ponytail after Fruit Loop arrives.
  • I've been growing mine out with the thought I'd wear it up for DD's wedding. But now, I think it is too long and drags my face down and makes me look old. So might cut it. 
  • Ayrn that's the thing, I did the butterfly bangs in HS and hated them for two reasons. One, I had to out them up to run, which I knew I would have to. And two, they were high maintenance and too long after a few days. Now that I can't run.....idk. I'd never to straight across again, but I'm going for a side bang. But I hear ya, the reason you gave is what's holding me back, they can be so annoying. Mun1 how old is too old for long hair, in your opinion? Jw how much time I have left ;)
  • On a totally unrelated note, our baby shower invitiations were mailed out yesterday, so people will be getting them as early as tomorrow, and I'm adding things to the registry.

BabiesRus has this toy on clearance, and my nephew had one and LOVED it. Although it's meant for like, 6ish months and up, should I add it? Is it tacky to add a toy that he won't play with for forever?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3526297&prodFindSrc=pn <--clicky
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:93410dd2-53c3-477f-bc65-bc8874cb2c74">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE] I think it is too long and drags my face down and makes me look old. So might cut it. 
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I don't know if it makes me look old, but it makes me look flat. I don't have a better word than flat.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:670ac546-0551-4632-bc53-e61d17f9a719">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ayrn that's the thing, I did the butterfly bangs in HS and hated them for two reasons. One, I had to out them up to run, which I knew I would have to. And two, they were high maintenance and too long after a few days. Now that I can't run.....idk. I'd never to straight across again, but I'm going for a side bang. But I hear ya, the reason you gave is what's holding me back, they can be so annoying. Mun1 <strong>how old is too old for long hair</strong>, in your opinion? Jw how much time I have left ;)
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

<div>I am not Muni, but will tell you my opinoin anyway. Actually, it's my mom's opinion. She always said women over 40 shouldn't have long hair. </div><div>
    </div><div>I do not agree. Maybe because I'm 41. </div>
  • Jess - I put some basic onesies on our registry in 0-3M, 3-6M, and 6-9M.  I say add it and people will either buy it or not.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:2f6df108-def7-4a8f-bf95-45da5220a576">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jess - I put some basic onesies on our registry in 0-3M, 3-6M, and 6-9M.  I say add it and people will either buy it or not.  
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

See, I feel like it's totally normal to add clothing, since clothes are a necessity. We have clothes on ours I think all the way up to a year, but I'm on the fence about toys.

But like you said, they can buy it or not. A valid point, my friend. :)
  • I'd add it, Jess. Babies grow up fast!

If by 'flat' you mean like 'blech, blah, meh, and ewww' then I'm right there with ya. 
  • Jess, those toys seem to be hit or miss depending on the child. Some children LOVE that kind of toy and play with them til they're two or so. Other kids never play with them twice. I also think it's nice to have toys already on hand for different ages. 
  • Jess, I almost ALWAYS buy stuff for when the baby is older for shower gifts. Because you will get TONS of stuff for when they are first born. So much that you almost can't use it all before they outgrow it, toys included.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:ee71a873-0c3d-427c-b741-e9b1651d9864">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd add it, Jess. Babies grow up fast! If by 'flat' you mean like 'blech, blah, meh, and ewww' then I'm right there with ya. 

That's actually exactly what I mean!

My hair isn't voluminous. It's thin and so when it's long, it gets weighed down. When it's short, it gives the illusion of having volume.

Now I'm like, daydreaming about my next haircut. My hair is really ew right now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:3da89634-fea7-450d-8eb3-c4323f3c02fe">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - it's night now. : I know violence isn't the answer, but is it totally wrong that I would love to see this?
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>If agreeing with you is wrong, I don't wanna be right! </div><div>
    </div><div>It'd be so awesome to see them struck down. I'd prefer it be by a lightning bolt just for drama's sake.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:4e37a0f1-8b19-4e98-b9e1-bd6f508753c3">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I must be the odd one out. My FI can't wait until the wedding is over so I can chop all my hair off. He's pushing for a pixie cut. 
    Posted by Harry87[/QUOTE]

Jealous. That would never fly. But I can't complain because he could want a mullet, or something so I somewhat will respect his wishes. Maybe I can change his mind.

I'm out. Night all!
  • I would just add it. I've bought things for baby showers that the baby won't use until they're 6 mo - 1 year. Mainly clothes, but I wouldn't side eye a toy either. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:f51720c7-fd72-4fca-9244-265571dda3f0">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - it's night now. : That's actually exactly what I mean! My hair isn't voluminous. It's thin and so when it's long, it gets weighed down. When it's short, it gives the illusion of having volume. Now I'm like, daydreaming about my next haircut. My hair is really ew right now.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>Mine is SUPER thick and crazy. If I let it air dry, it is pretty curly. When it gets long, its own weight pulls it straight but it's so thick it just hangs there all bleh. </div><div>
    </div><div>I had it curled with a barrel roller for a play a couple months ago, and looked like Roseann Roseannadanna. It was nuts. </div>
  • I decided to add it, because Loopy's point of nobody has to buy it just makes too much sense to me.

Is it sad that I want to add a vacuum cleaner to our registry at Target because we need a new one? I only want to because then I'll get a discount when it's time for the registry closeout.

I'm not going to, but I've entertained the thought.
  • H loves my hair longer, but he tells me it's my hair, do what I want, when I start talking about cutting it off.
  • Hey all. I am currently laying in bed trying to convince myself to fall asleep since I was up too late and slept in all weekend. LDY, puppy dreams are the best. And so is X. I tried to catch up but only got thru the height convo which made me remember how gigantic I felt next to J and Andy at the last GTG.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:c3715986-6113-42a0-9b47-5f2527994dcb">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - it's night now. : Mine is SUPER thick and crazy. If I let it air dry, it is pretty curly. When it gets long, its own weight pulls it straight but it's so thick it just hangs there all bleh.  I had it curled with a barrel roller for a play a couple months ago, <strong>and looked like Roseann Roseannadanna. It was nuts.</strong> 

Teehee! I love Roseann Roseannadanna!
  • Also, little baby Jesus himself could not convince me to chop my hair short. Just not gonna do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards