Snarky Brides
Options

Who's Around?

Re: Who's Around?

• Options
    edited April 2011
    LOL your nail lady was stupid card!

J&K you can get a french tip shallac manicure.  I"m excited to try it!

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    I am interested in trying the shellac manicures but nothing sticks to my nails so I think it'd just be a waste.

Here are the colors:
  • Options
    I wasn't itchy until everyone else was itchy. Thanks guys.

I got into a pretty big tiff with my husband today when the cat peed on the couch. H got pissed and said we should get rid of the cat. I flipped out and started saying "Only BAD people get rid of pets for reasons like that. Only bad people! BAD BAD BAD!"

It got all out of hand. It's not like my husband was serious about getting rid of the cat (since, you know, he's not a bad person) but man, I just couldn't believe the words even came out of his mouth.

• Options
    HI EVERYONE!

Good luck Tide and to the jobbies!  I hope everything goes swimmingly for you all!

I got to meet ConKFA and spent way too much at Anthro. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:0147f7dd-0bb6-4b43-9cd9-9eb19b8dcffa">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours shoots everything a foot in the air above the toaster when it pops up, I have to stand there with my hand over it to knock the food safely back into the slots.  I tried catching my strudels on a plate once, that didn't work out well.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

Ugh, most of our stuff gets stuck and I have to dig it out with a fork. 

Card, I will keep that in mind ;)  Except I don't want pink either (I do on my toes but my shoes are pink) so....I guess we'll have invalid marriages together.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:cee55b52-f4ca-4070-9ba7-7126e7902930">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wasn't itchy until everyone else was itchy. Thanks guys. I got into a pretty big tiff with my husband today when the cat peed on the couch. H got pissed and said we should get rid of the cat. I flipped out and started saying "Only BAD people get rid of pets for reasons like that. Only bad people! BAD BAD BAD!" It got all out of hand. It's not like my husband was serious about getting rid of the cat (since, you know, he's not a bad person) but man, I just couldn't believe the words even came out of his mouth.
    Posted by arwo[/QUOTE]

<div>Our cat does this.  It's been awful - I have to clean twice a day sometimes.  And he's ruining our floors.  It's been going on for about two years now, and we've tried behavioral therapy, medications, holistic remedies, etc.  We've had the "maybe we need to get rid of him" conversation but we just can't do that to him.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ooooh, there are about 17 colors there that I want. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:d602f111-8795-4ae9-80f4-015c511a38c9">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Around? : Our cat does this.  It's been awful - I have to clean twice a day sometimes.  And he's ruining our floors.  It's been going on for about two years now, and we've tried behavioral therapy, medications, holistic remedies, etc.  We've had the "maybe we need to get rid of him" conversation but we just can't do that to him.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

OK, see, at least you're trying to deal with the problem. My cat peed on the couch once. One time. Only total fuckfaces get rid of cats for peeing on the couch once. (But like I said, my H wasn't serious. I totally flipped out unnecessarily.)

ETA: I'm sorry about your cat pee problems. It sucks to have to deal with that.
  • Options
    HI NATES. YOU LOOK DELICIOUS.
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    Nates, what did you all buy? I am not allowed to shop right now so I'l just pretend that I bought what you bought. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:1db257a1-8c7e-423c-a74c-2bfbf439c510">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Around? : OK, see, at least you're trying to deal with the problem.<strong> My cat peed on the couch once. One time. Only total fuckfaces get rid of cats for peeing on the couch once. (But like I said, my H wasn't serious. I totally flipped out unnecessarily.)</strong>
    Posted by arwo[/QUOTE]

<div>Hahaha, then, yes.</div><div>
    </div><div>Our cat started when H moved in.  H needs to sleep with the door shut, and my cat was very used to sleeping in my bed with me.  So, he got very territorial and started spraying/peeing.  It has been a legitimate nightmare.</div><div>
    </div><div>When we move out this year, my mother is taking my cat in. That is my only relief. And it's not relieving, because I love him, and he's my favorite pet (I am a terrible pet mother. What would my other pets say?!?!)</div><div>
    </div><div>This has really weighed heavily on my heart for the past two years. Sorry.</div>
  • Options
    I have a question which will seem a bit random. I'm sorry I didn't catch up in the thread yet, but I thought it would be stupid to start a new thread over it.

Is it me, or do the mirrors in department stores (Macy's, Kohls, etc.) always make you look bigger/wider/fatter than a mirror you have in your home?

I don't have a full length mirror at home, more of a half-mirror and when I dress in the morning and take a look I'm...well...at least content with how I look. I feel that it's realistic. But every time I go to a store and see myself in one of the mirrors there I feel like I look so much different. And it's like a slap in the face.

Does this happen to anyone else?
  • Options
    My nails are horrible, they chip so easily. I suppose that's what I get for wearing acrylics for like 5 years straight. If that could actually last 14 days and look that good, that would be awesome.
  • Options
    OMG Nates I actually have something I've been meaning to tell you.  I saw a girl a church with that dress you wanted from anthro - the black and white with a rosey colored sash.  And it is so pretty and I thought to myself "Nates would rock that dress!"

Oh and also HIIIII!!!

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:826529de-7af5-46bd-9f0d-53f8aec05f90">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone's ignoring me.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

NO! I want to see what you got too!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:0fecce7c-1752-47d4-896e-397d48280055">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a question which will seem a bit random. I'm sorry I didn't catch up in the thread yet, but I thought it would be stupid to start a new thread over it. Is it me, or do the mirrors in department stores (Macy's, Kohls, etc.) always make you look bigger/wider/fatter than a mirror you have in your home? I don't have a full length mirror at home, more of a half-mirror and when I dress in the morning and take a look I'm...well...at least content with how I look. I feel that it's realistic. But every time I go to a store and see myself in one of the mirrors there I feel like I look so much different. And it's like a slap in the face. Does this happen to anyone else?
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

<div>I think it has a LOT to do with the lighting.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:0fecce7c-1752-47d4-896e-397d48280055">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a question which will seem a bit random. I'm sorry I didn't catch up in the thread yet, but I thought it would be stupid to start a new thread over it. Is it me, or do the mirrors in department stores (Macy's, Kohls, etc.) always make you look bigger/wider/fatter than a mirror you have in your home? I don't have a full length mirror at home, more of a half-mirror and when I dress in the morning and take a look I'm...well...at least content with how I look. I feel that it's realistic. But every time I go to a store and see myself in one of the mirrors there I feel like I look so much different. And it's like a slap in the face. Does this happen to anyone else?

Huh, I always though it was the other way around: my mirrors are "accurate" and department store mirrors make me look skinny. SOmetimes I like the way I look in something in the store and then think I look terrible when I try it on at home.
  • Options

It's not just you LTZ.  I HATE dept. store mirrors.  But I also hate one of the mirrors in my bathroom that makes my cellulite stand out like a mofo.

Bio
  • Options
    OH HAI.  I was afraid I was banned for no reason :P.

Reils, I bought a dress, skirt, two shirts, a necklace, earrings, a DELICIOUS candle (it smells like Anthro does when you walk in, so now my house smells nom) and a little scent stick.

Tomorrow, the dress, skirt and shirt is going back--I like them, but I don't LOVE them, and I'd rahter exchange them for the dress I really want, which I think the other ANthro will have.  But the party was awesome--we had a few glasses of champagne and some appetizers.  So much fun!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:d692bf48-26dd-4425-82e1-842ea0ca3cb3">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Around? : Hahaha, then, yes. Our cat started when H moved in.  H needs to sleep with the door shut, and my cat was very used to sleeping in my bed with me.  So, he got very territorial and started spraying/peeing.  It has been a legitimate nightmare. When we move out this year, my mother is taking my cat in. That is my only relief. And it's not relieving, because I love him, and he's my favorite pet (I am a terrible pet mother. What would my other pets say?!?!) This has really weighed heavily on my heart for the past two years. Sorry.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

Aw, I am so sorry that you're having to deal with that. And I probably made you feel bad about it just now. Crap.

You really aren't a bad person. You have made a HUGE effort to make it work out, and you found a solution that will probably make things better for the cat as well as for your husband.
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone, Sherr. And Monsta- you have a point, i hadn't thought about the lighting.

Arwo- I would think it would be the other way around. I mean it makes sense that when women feel they look better, the more clothes or accessories they'd want to buy.

Maybe my home mirror is all effed up, I don't know. I just feel like every time I'm home I feel okay and then I get into one of those stores and pass by a mirror and I'm like "holy shiit, who is that hideous thing?"
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:74e44cd0-4e76-4fed-af5d-3c39a5e049d5">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH HAI.  I was afraid I was banned for no reason :P. Reils, I bought a dress, skirt, two shirts, a necklace, earrings, a DELICIOUS candle (it smells like Anthro does when you walk in, so now my house smells nom) and a little scent stick. Tomorrow, the dress, skirt and shirt is going back--<strong>I like them, but I don't LOVE them,</strong> and I'd rahter exchange them for the dress I really want, which I think the other ANthro will have.  But the party was awesome--we had a few glasses of champagne and some appetizers.  So much fun!
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

<div>I really need to learn how to differentiate between these two. I have way too many clothes because of this. I need to constantly remind myself that if I don't LOVE them as soon as I put them on, I don't need them. </div>
  • Options
    Oh yay! I'm glad the dress looked good in person.  Hopefully he will come home with me tomorrow.

LTZ, I never met a store mirror I didn't love, which is why I have so many fucking clothes.  I wish I hated store mirrors--I'd have so much more money. DAMN YOU MIRRORS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:ee487272-0114-4454-b1e9-7ad97efbd610">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Around? : Aw, I am so sorry that you're having to deal with that. And I probably made you feel bad about it just now. Crap. You really aren't a bad person. You have made a HUGE effort to make it work out, and you found a solution that will probably make things better for the cat as well as for your husband.
    Posted by arwo[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you, it means a lot. I know I tried everything. I just don't want to feel like I'm abandoning him, KWIM? Meh.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm off to bed.  You ladies are the best and I love you all.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:03470635-6327-45f4-9823-6926314f2ef8">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad I'm not alone, Sherr. And Monsta- you have a point, i hadn't thought about the lighting. Arwo- I would think it would be the other way around. I mean it makes sense that when women feel they look better, the more clothes or accessories they'd want to buy. Maybe my home mirror is all effed up, I don't know. I just feel like every time I'm home I feel okay and then I get into one of those stores and pass by a mirror and I'm like "holy shiit, who is that hideous thing?"

Did you see that movie Clueless?  She takes pictures of herself in different outfits because she doesn't think mirrors are accurate.  I totally get where she's coming from!

Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:03470635-6327-45f4-9823-6926314f2ef8">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad I'm not alone, Sherr. And Monsta- you have a point, i hadn't thought about the lighting. Arwo- I would think it would be the other way around. I mean it makes sense that when women feel they look better, the more clothes or accessories they'd want to buy. Maybe my home mirror is all effed up, I don't know. I just feel like every time I'm home I feel okay and then I get into one of those stores and pass by a mirror and I'm like "<strong>holy shiit, who is that hideous thing?</strong>"

Well, I feel like that all the time, so I know what you mean. I was just having a conversation with my husband about that too: whenever I look in the mirror, I think, "Dammit, I wish I weren't so funny looking." Whenever my husband looks in the mirror, he thinks "Oh, hey, I'm pretty good looking!" It sucks.

But I highly doubt you're hideous.
  • Options
    Night monsta! LOve ya!

Bio
  • Options
    *waltzes in dramatically* Hi all! I have spent my evening at a local wine tasting shoppe and am feeling fabulous. Also, hooray for new episodes of The Office, Grey's and Private Practice. Thursday night is the best. 

Dept store mirrors make me look like I am so pale I'm near transparent and also weighing in at about 9,000 lbs.
    Clyde von Sockypaws and Lilly Pad Meunster. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Night, Card :)

Yeah, Reils, I think ConKFA and I both had some shopper's remorse.  But they served us alcohol and it was so much fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards