Snarky Brides

Ok, where'd everyone go to?

Re: Ok, where'd everyone go to?

• I really want a "sectional" where it's just a regular straight couch, but with a chaise on one end.  I can only find them in leather.  I don't want leather. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Im so full of delicious lobster, garlic butter (which I also got on my shirt GRRR!!!), steak and asparagus. Soon to be even fuller with mocha chocolate cake. I love valentines day.
  • Oh and funny story? I thought it would be funny and ironic to make LMFAO's party rock anthem my ringtone. Its not quite as funny when I forget to put my phone on silent when i have a meeting at the bank and someone calls me and my investment broker gives me a blank stare.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ok-whered-everyone-go-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e74de7dc-407b-42d6-90ca-c99e2f23d1b7Post:40224b9a-6466-4e0b-8baf-76c5773f4372">Re: Ok, where'd everyone go to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im so full of delicious lobster, garlic butter (which I also got on my shirt GRRR!!!), steak and asparagus. Soon to be even fuller with mocha chocolate cake. I love valentines day.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Glad you are enjoying it!

H just asked me today what I want to do for V-day. I have no desire to do anything. Tuesday is a workday and yoga night. So, it's not like we have time to do anything anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ok-whered-everyone-go-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e74de7dc-407b-42d6-90ca-c99e2f23d1b7Post:b09511c4-5287-4873-b05e-31bbe7960629">Re: Ok, where'd everyone go to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want a "sectional" where it's just a regular straight couch, but with a chaise on one end.  I can only find them in leather.  I don't want leather. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's what I wanted but couldn't find any without some leather. I ended up getting a couch and oversized chair. I'm just not a leather fan.

</div>
  • J- there's a Macy's furniture store by Rosedale up here.  Otherwise I know IKEA has stuff like that... except, well, it's IKEA furniture. 

Hi everyone! I just woke up from a nap, so I'm bumming around until we leave for the concert. 
  • J&K I saw a sectional like what you're talking about at Costco today. I think it was $999 if I remember correctly.

Sesh, I've got the shopping bug too. I went to the mall today and only got one little thing, and would have loved to have blown a good deal of money there, but alas, I did not. I honestly can't think of anything I want right now anyway, besides books.

25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ok-whered-everyone-go-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e74de7dc-407b-42d6-90ca-c99e2f23d1b7Post:b09511c4-5287-4873-b05e-31bbe7960629">Re: Ok, where'd everyone go to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want a "sectional" where it's just a regular straight couch, but with a chaise on one end.  I can only find them in leather.  I don't want leather. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>That's what we have. We got ours at Nebraska Furniture Mart. I don't know if you guys have NFM up there or not, though. Ours is just a couch, but it has a movable foot piece that can me moved to an end to make it a chaise. I LOVE our couch.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • This is pretty much what ours looks like, but ours is all the same fabric as the cushions in the picture, and we have big back pillows instead of multiple small ones.

Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • SEWF that's the exact couch we have, except ours has a matching ottoman.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Is a sectional that long side at the end? I want something like that, a longer side piece to stretch out on without taking up the entire couch.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ok-whered-everyone-go-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e74de7dc-407b-42d6-90ca-c99e2f23d1b7Post:28874747-b5cf-443e-a51e-a12fc96bdf43">Re: Ok, where'd everyone go to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is a sectional that long side at the end? I want something like that, a longer side piece to stretch out on without taking up the entire couch.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE] <div>
    </div><div>A sectional is like a corner couch, or L-shaped couch, but the long thing at the end is the chaise lounge. 

</div>
  • I love our couches. I never want to let them go. They're so comfortable.

H wants to go to the movies now. Anyone see anything good recently?
  • Nates, we actually really liked Chronicle.  It was a bit different from what I expected, in a good way.

Hello all.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ok-whered-everyone-go-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e74de7dc-407b-42d6-90ca-c99e2f23d1b7Post:1b832708-9b38-4854-95ee-62a4854034ba">Re: Ok, where'd everyone go to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love our couches. I never want to let them go. They're so comfortable. H wants to go to the movies now. Anyone see anything good recently?
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

We've seen The Vow, Woman in Black, and Star Wars 3d (heh) and they were all good. The new Underworld movie is good too.

Also, evening. I'm supposed to be doing homework but I think I'll just watch movies.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ok-whered-everyone-go-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e74de7dc-407b-42d6-90ca-c99e2f23d1b7Post:3720f434-7816-4b31-93fb-5b0b6623bbe5">Re: Ok, where'd everyone go to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ok, where'd everyone go to? :   A sectional is like a corner couch, or L-shaped couch, but the long thing at the end is the chaise lounge. 
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. I probably should have known that. We have a sectional but I think we might get rid of it (well, shove into the guest room with all the other crap) when H gets back. We got this furniture set from my dad's FI when she moved in with him, and it's just to big for our living room. But, it's super comfy and pretty.
  • I'm hanging out here for a bit trying to decide on dinner, but everything seems boring after reading about Nebb's meal.

Slight confession:  I'm nervous because I just sent in my resume for my new job today, and I'm not sure if I really want to leave where I am yet.  Of course we'll see if I even get an interview. I may just be stressing over nothing.

And Nates, I thought it was really interesting as a kind of psycological study.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I dont even know what movies are out right now :( I never go to the movies except in the summer, and then its just to the drive in. I cant stand theatres.
  • The movie Something Borrowed is coming on HBO at 8. This works out nicely, since I've been curious about it but didn't want to pay to rent or buy it since I don't normally care for those types of chick flicks.

nebb, I rarely know what's out either. I know mostly what's coming out on DVD since I buy most movies. I hate the theater.
  • I too prefer to watch movies in the comfort of my own home. In my pajamas. 
  • lindseyann410lindseyann410 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We love going to the movies.  It's one of the only things we spend extra money on.  However, I hate the theater in our town, so we always go to one in a different town.  It's nicer and you don't have to deal with as many teenagers.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I like theaters, hate people.
  • We normally watch trailers on the apple site, and then I promptly forget them. All I know is I am wanting to see that movie kirsten dunst did, melancholia? I love her.

Adam downloaded 50/50 and I keep putting off watching it but we probably will soon.
  • I have a feeling 50/50 will be depressing so I'm not sure if I want to see it. Same with The Vow. I know the true story it's based on, and if they stick to the real ending then I don't want to see it.

Nebb, I keep almost renting Melancholia but then I find something I want to see more. But it does look interesting.
  • I have a HUGE crush on kirsten dunst, huge. I just love everything she does (other than spiderman, I hate hate hate spiderman)
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
  • 50/50 is depressing. It's so sad. It's a really good movie too. There's a few funny parts though but nothing 'hilarious'.

I don't want to give the ending away for The Vow but I cried the entire time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ok-whered-everyone-go-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e74de7dc-407b-42d6-90ca-c99e2f23d1b7Post:56ae828a-9920-4ef3-a0bc-f8d53330b59a">Re: Ok, where'd everyone go to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really liked Kirsten Dunst in The Virgin Suicides. 
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]
    That movie is so hauntingly amazing, I love it.
  • Whitney Houston is/was only 48? Wow, I thought she was much older than that. I wonder if it's true or just another hoax.

Well then 50/50 is probably off my list if it's depressing. And I read some spoilers for The Vow but I wasn't sure if they were true or not, but I'm guessing I don't want to see it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards