Snarky Brides

AYG

Re: AYG

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:5ec4f6e4-45b5-48e2-8427-c80a438dbf5e">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Show me 1 marriage that worked out at that age and ill show you 5 that didnt.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Agreed. All my friends that married young are now divorced. You think you know who you are and what you want at that age, but in most cases, you don't.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I also don't get why ninda vaguely referenced her whole flaming from her wedding plans and then got all flustered when pirate and others kind of re-flamed her for it. She was the one who brought it up... she could have easily not mentioned it and it would've been dead. But now she just kind of looks silly.
  • Friggen fracker, alli.  Kieran is such a little cutie pie!
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:dea8ed59-15f1-4dfb-9a5a-12a2fb4b5ff4">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame everyone who continued the conversation with laurawhatever. It's fun to play with a troll sometimes, but that was just ridiculous. It was like 10 pages of people falling all over themselves to say the same thing over and over. Drama can be fun, but that just felt like manufactured drama because of boredom. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it tends to include lots of newer posters who just want to have something "safe" to say in threads.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Hell, I am 23 and married and even I am skeptical of a lot of the marriages of people my age that I know. crate of hippos, party of me.
  • Also I have no idea who this ninda person is.  I guess my knot career is taking some hits.
    panther
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    What was weak was everyone jumping on lauren. I said yesterday I hate when threads get derailed because people jump all over a stupid newb. Stop making the stupidest drama ever just cause you're bored, it was reaching.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:de7a0a2b-16b2-4323-82ad-b97ebb2c1c25">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Friggen fracker, alli.  Kieran is such a little cutie pie!
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Thanks! He just woke up, so I;m off to get him.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:2fabd50d-f07d-4c69-8204-b38ba0ba62e7">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also I have no idea who this ninda person is.  I guess my knot career is taking some hits.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

She kind of came out of the woodwork during a night thread a few days ago, can't remember which night though. Guns blazing, exclamation points flying. ya know.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:91828b0f-6406-4f81-96b8-725a505b291a">Re:AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm hardly buzzed on 5 beers, lightweight.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I'm buzzed after half of 1 beer. I'm a drinking buddy loser.
  • Im tempted to flame Poli for going into FFF and making it about herself just 2 days after I called her out on it in AYG, but I think the Poli thing is getting to the "beating a dead horse" point.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG:Also I have no idea who this ninda person is.nbsp; I guess my knot career is taking some hits.Posted by AllAboutTheBenjaminShe kind of came out of the woodwork during a night thread a few days ago, can't remember which night though. Guns blazing, exclamation points flying. ya know. Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE] and now I'm laughing at this picture in my head of a Ramboesque character with a machine gun firing out exclamation points.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Jenni- you better start flaming or im gonna flame you, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:300b39c9-4a58-48a0-a237-7ca6d1de595d">Re:AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:AYG: and now I'm laughing at this picture in my head of a Ramboesque character with a machine gun firing out exclamation points.
    Posted by Jenni8412[/QUOTE]

Hah, that is actually a pretty hilarious image.
  • Re: the Favorite/Least Favorite posters question, it's always in newb polls.  Always.  Forever.  The only other thread on SB that's had that question, I think, was the Superlatives thread.  I know they copied it over onto E, but it doesn't seem like a huge influx of people having to answer that question.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]Jenni you better start flaming or im gonna flame you, lol. Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]Ha, flame away! I already flamed myself, and I'm still working out who everyone is. It's like there's a vague memory of something said that I found annoying or stupid or something, but I have no idea of what exactly it was or who said it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:20f62bf1-8a2b-4e11-8c36-0e8afd42a7fe">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Re: the Favorite/Least Favorite posters question, it's always in newb polls.  Always.  Forever.  The only other thread on SB that's had that question, I think, was the Superlatives thread.  I know they copied it over onto E, but it doesn't seem like a huge influx of people having to answer that question.
    Posted by Smash Adams[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when I was new, i was asked the exact same question. It's always in a lurker poll.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:c4664668-c1b2-44a9-854e-b75bbb87ef0d">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought it was kind of douchey of Dot to imply to Poli that it was her fault for getting catcalled.  To me cat calling is very mild sexual harassment. Unless I missed the part where Poli said she was running around with her tits hanging out then I don't see how this is her fault. Yeah, she takes BART, so do I.  I don't take BART because I secretly hope I'll get harassed on my commute and I think it was rude for Dot to imply Poli does this.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

The only issue I had with that whole thing was at first she said she was cat-called and when she got some flack for it, it turned into "I got crotch grabbed!!".

Not saying it didnt happen, just a little confused on how cat-calling includes touching.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:c4664668-c1b2-44a9-854e-b75bbb87ef0d">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought it was kind of douchey of Dot to imply to Poli that it was her fault for getting catcalled.  To me cat calling is very mild sexual harassment. Unless I missed the part where Poli said she was running around with her tits hanging out then I don't see how this is her fault. Yeah, she takes BART, so do I.  I don't take BART because I secretly hope I'll get harassed on my commute and I think it was rude for Dot to imply Poli does this.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Me too. I came back to read the thread later and I don't care how many times someone gets cat called and is uncomfortable, it isn't their fault. I felt like dot was blaming Poli and that annoyed me.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I flame SEWF for asking a question about medication and being advised to call a pharmacy or her doctor. Then coming back later and asking ANOTHER medication question.  Dude, just call your pharmacy or doctor already.

• edited March 2012
    I guess this is an old flame. Well its not a flame, it was actually kind of funny to me.

A while ago someone started a thread about being a salesperson and having to do cold calls and some how it became people just talking about their work experiences etc etc. Somehow Koda made mention of the fact that she gets annoyed when people on the phone assume that she is a secretary, because she is SO much more than a secretary. She argued that it was the job title that she disagreed with, but she definitely put off the vibe that it was degrading to her that someone assumed she was in that role. Then to find out last week or so that she is an administrative assistant. Just made me smile. Because I walked away from that thread feeling a little butthutt that someone would get THAT upset about someone assuming her job title. I mean I am an admin assistant and I know that I do a hell of a lot more than just answer the phones... so I know where she is coming from, but the whole exchange made me laugh.

I am an asshole.
  • In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG:Not saying it didnt happen, just a little confused on how catcalling includes touching. Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]I guess I have the wrong definition of catcalling. I may need to start telling offenders that they're doing it the wrong way!
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:394f0e1f-d768-45de-969f-fd74f8db7365">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess this is an old flame. Well its not a flame, it was actually kind of funny to me. A while ago someone started a thread about being a salesperson and having to do cold calls and some how it became people just talking about their work experiences etc etc. Somehow Koda made mention of the fact that she gets annoyed when people on the phone assume that she is a secretary, because she is SO much more than a secretary. She argued that it was the job title that she disagreed with, but she definitely put off the vibe that it was degrading to her that someone assumed she was in that role. Then to find out last week or so that she is an administrative assistant. Just made me smile. Because I walked away from that thread feeling a little butthutt that someone would get THAT upset about someone assuming her job title. I mean I am an admin assistant and I know that I do a hell of a lot more than just answer the phones... so I know where she is coming from, but the whole exchange made me laugh. I am an asshole.
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]
    wtf is really the difference? I do admin and people think im a secretary, the person to give money to, a receptionist, that dumb broad at the front desk, etc. It all boils down tot he same freaking thing though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:ef82e530-b33b-4f23-95ff-fa4bb9e5764c">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : The only issue I had with that whole thing was at first she said she was cat-called and when she got some flack for it, it turned into "I got crotch grabbed!!". Not saying it didnt happen, just a little confused on how cat-calling includes touching.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    Yeah.

To me catcalling includes only vocal advances- yelling, whistling. Crotch grabbing on a whole other level-- sexual harassment and grounds for a kick to the nads, imo.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:49319104-9dc9-420c-b183-69c73c9b5a98">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay Jenni is officially annoying.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]
    I totally agree.<div>
    </div><div>And that's funny, Rosie. Secretaries/Admin Assistants are the same thing, pretty much, right? Just a more PC term?</div>
  • In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]Okay Jenni is officially annoying. Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]Okay, now I'm a butthurt newb and I'll leave. No, really, how am I annoying?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:e818184d-d1b4-46ef-a347-ef1886239a80">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Yeah, when I was new, i was asked the exact same question. It's always in a lurker poll.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  I think part of it was that there were two superlative threads but they were on different boards.  Plus regs were responding in last night's again too. But it's probably mostly me being annoyed/butthurt about being reminded about it.  I'll admit it.
  • The other day someone called my office and asked if this was the office of Rosie First and Last name and I so wanted to say, it sure is and let me direct you to mr. big boss first and last name (rosie's personal administrative assistant).

I am such a tool.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:b030f64f-5663-49c5-9bac-4a828b75a0b2">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Yeah. To me catcalling includes only vocal advances- yelling, whistling. Crotch grabbing on a whole other level-- sexual harassment and grounds for a kick to the nads, imo.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

To me it just seemed like a crotch grab was thrown out there to deflect the crap she was getting.

Again, not saying it didnt happen, im just suspicious of it due to how it all came into light.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards