Florida-South Florida

Tent pricing questions

Anyone have any idea how much it will be to tent the reception? Approx 100 people. I'm interested in a clear tent but if its too expensive I would go with white. Also does anyone know about floor pricing? The area we are tenting is grass with grates so I'm thinking I need some kind of flooring. I'm starting to freak out that we can't afford the pricing of food and afford to tent it.

Re: Tent pricing questions

• edited December 2011
    I'm having a tent at my reception for 150 people.  I'm getting a white 40x70 for around 1800, the flooring is around another 2400.

Clear tents are much more.  If I didn't have the dance floor over the pool, I'd be going with clear.  For my rain plan, we have a clear tent to go over the pool, and for a 15x25 it's around 2000, which is more than my large tent for people to eat in.

I'm using Platinum Tents, and they have been very knowledgeable and fair in their pricing.

www.platinumtents.com
  • adclovesadcloves member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure.... different companies price based upon several factors. Sub-floor for the dance floor, wooden floor, parquet. And the tent size. I would just google local companies in the area and ask them. Find out what is included and then you can call others and base your estimate on that.

Hope that helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    PP's post are about right, you might find some cheaper or more expensive but thats a goodrange to start off from

BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys. I just wanted to get an idea since I did not budget for a tent/flooring
  • edited December 2011
    OOoo I hope it doesnt rain, I dont know if we can afford a tent!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if you've already booked your caterer, but if you haven't, some caterers have tents and I think they probably cost less through the caterer than through a separate rental company. For example, the caterer that I'm considering would include a white wedding tent for 100 for $650 (sorry, they don't have clear). HTH!
  • Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually having it at a hotel outside so no outside caterer allowed. They may have recommendations on a tent vendor but I'm worried that all of their vendors will be $$$ since the list I've seen is top price vendors mostly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards