Wedding Etiquette Forum

Inappropriate Nicknames

You know you have 'em.  SHARE.

Noodle calls me "wildenuge" (along the lines of wildebeast) when things get a little, erm...hairy.

Our friend is Jewish, and we (including his wife) call him Jeffrey Jewseph. 

My mom still calls my brother "pee bucket" sometimes because he had a bedwetting problem when he was younger.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

Re: Inappropriate Nicknames

• vallyhooha, vallyhooters, vallyho
    Inappropriate!

• I call H go go gadget. Started off because he has super long arms and i'm always asking him to reach and get something for me. Then one of his guy friends made a joke about his...business being big (cause he's so tall) and  it just popped out "Why do you think I call him go go gadget?"
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • My oldest sister and her husband STILL call me "Grubface." 

Ex and I still call our daughter Poopster. 

I once had a boss who never did any work, and his last name was Goldberg.  One of my coworkers called him [first name] Goldbrick. 

Not really a nickname, but I have a friend named Shawna who had a breast reduction and whenever the movie Shawshank Redemption is mentioned, I call it Shawna's Reduction. 
  • My sister calls me Tiits McGee, but doesn't everyone's sister call them that?
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • I call DH Sasquatch.  He calls me Ninja.

My mom calls me Beezer.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • My 91 year old great-aunt calls me (and has always called me) her little shitass.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • My ex used to call me "choad-choad" which made me want to rip his tongue out and shove it down his throat. I got him to stop calling me that by telling him I would divorce him if he kept calling me something so crude and insulting.

My family calls me monkey. Or we add "monster" after everyones' names. (Dad-Monster, etc.)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • cenglecengle member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    My first name is Christina. I had a friend from college who thinks it's funny to call me Chestina. 
  • All and I mean ALL of my fiance's childhood friends call him Boner. Its because he (we soon) has a really long last name that kids can't say well and it sorta sounds like booner is in part of the name. And yes, people call me Mrs. Boner from time to time.

My boss went through a phase of calling me Cinnimon. From that silly joke that you put your first pets name together with your street name to get your stripper name - not sure if that really how it goes. Not only would he all me Cinnimon he actually introduced me as Cinnimon and said I dance on the weekends to some business people... Yeah I got a little red in the face on that way while I explained that away. Oy...

Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's not totally inappropriate, really, but at his last base, Buddy's shop chief's wife always called him Cookie because of his last name. And there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it, of course.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inappropriate-nicknames?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:00cc6b08-10cf-4daa-b693-2e99937e1493Post:78811987-d6d0-451b-8789-c69fa08edcd8">Re: Inappropriate Nicknames</a>:
    [QUOTE]My 91 year old great-aunt calls me (and has always called me) her little shitass.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

God, that reminds me of Noodle's crazy racist grandma.  She called him "Elmer" beacuse she thought his given name was "too Jewish sounding", called one of his cousins "Coon Hips", and the other one "The Idiot".

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• The first syllable of my soon-to-be married name is "Coch" rhymes with dock.  That's going to be fun.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Also, we call our black jewish friend the "He-bro," but he's the one who started it for himself.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • We also call our usher "D*ckhead". 

• cenglecengle member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inappropriate-nicknames?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:00cc6b08-10cf-4daa-b693-2e99937e1493Post:423ecb39-bf1d-4394-b885-15ae80ba8ccc">Re: Inappropriate Nicknames</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inappropriate Nicknames : God, that reminds me of Noodle's crazy racist grandma.  She called him "Elmer" beacuse she thought his given name was "too Jewish sounding", called one of his cousins "<strong>Coon Hips</strong>", and the other one "The Idiot".
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

What does that even mean?  *scratches head*
  • My FI's nickname growing up was the N word, because he was a really fast runner.  No joke.  One of his childhood friends actually referred to him as "N word" (not the abbreviation, the real horrible word), and I nearly fell off my chair.

My FI occasionally calls me "Charlie" because I'm Asian.  He only does this with his super liberal friends to see if he can get their goat.  He usually can't, so he reverts to calling me by my real name.
  • Yeah, I had a Jewish guy on my ultimate frisbee team in college that everyone called Heebs.  We also had a guy named Ethan who was called Big Nuts.  I dated him.  Not so true.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inappropriate-nicknames?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:00cc6b08-10cf-4daa-b693-2e99937e1493Post:b5293a5b-63b6-41a7-b1c7-ddd4a28ad011">Re: Inappropriate Nicknames</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inappropriate Nicknames : What does that even mean?  *scratches head*
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

Coon was a word they used for black people, and this particular cousin has some junk in the trunk, so apparently Grandma Noodle decided that "coon hips" was an appropriate moniker for her since all black people have big hips, I guess.

• My mother and I work together and for some reason we started referring to one another as "Booty Ho."  I don't know why.

I call my cat Monkey or Monkfish, even though her name is Suzy. 
    White Knot Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • H's initials are PAP, so he used to get called pap smear a lot. I still make fun of him some times. It also somehow gave way to papachu, which is what he goes by online a lot. His first name is Phil, which his sisters friends turned into Phyllis. My college roommate then changed it to Syphilis (sp?) and called him that all through college.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I call DH "Master-Bar-ator" (the best phonetic description I can give, but said all as one word). I can't tell the whole story without giving away his last name but it started with him being bossy and me making a snide comment back, and it turned into his lovely nickname that's a play on his last name. Now, he's just waiting for me to change my name so he can turn it all back on me.

• My brother used to wear those shoes that lit up in the back WAY past the time when they were cool for anyone over the age of 4. My BFF's neighbor was in his class and she and her friends started referring to him as Sparky. My friend, her sister and I started doing it too. It pisses him off SO much. This was almost 15 years ago and sometimes I still break it out.

Weirdly, he "wanted" his nickname to be Tugboat, because he was in US Naval sea Cadets and his commander called him the "tugboat of perseverance." Like that's better.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inappropriate-nicknames?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:00cc6b08-10cf-4daa-b693-2e99937e1493Post:e24bdfc3-3b33-4ca2-b86e-8dc92e2fc650">Re: Inappropriate Nicknames</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister calls me Tiits McGee, but doesn't everyone's sister call them that?
    Posted by temerityjane[/QUOTE]

You mean it's NOT normal? Also: Tits M-gig-gee (??)

I was also referred to in HS as Jugs.

My sisters and I all have guy names, like I'm Leroy, we sound awful to each other but I think its just because we're so close, we don't give a crap.
    image Married and Junk.
  • cenglecengle member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inappropriate-nicknames?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:00cc6b08-10cf-4daa-b693-2e99937e1493Post:22a1e65a-165a-4ce5-a776-507aaa405243">Re: Inappropriate Nicknames</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inappropriate Nicknames : Coon was a word they used for black people, and this particular cousin has some junk in the trunk, so apparently Grandma Noodle decided that "coon hips" was an appropriate moniker for her since all black people have big hips, I guess.

I honestly didn't know this. My thought process was "Raccoon hips?  But raccoons don't have anything weird about their hips..."
    I'm a bright one.
    Wow, that is not nice at all.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inappropriate-nicknames?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:00cc6b08-10cf-4daa-b693-2e99937e1493Post:78b5696c-ab5d-4c20-90b1-12dcecc9839c">Re: Inappropriate Nicknames</a>:
    [QUOTE]We also call our usher "D*ckhead". 

One of my dad's friends is nicknamed "Airhead." I asked my dad why once and he said, "You've met him. Why do you think?"

One of my friends has a best friend who is Asian and her last name is Chan. He calls her Ching Chong. And for some reason, she's fine with it.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • My guy's name is Benjamin John - but all his life people have called him BJ.  So, there's that.

I call all my girlfriends betches and shet bags.  And whore face and sh!t weazle are reserved for a couple of my closest girlfriends, too.
    panther
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inappropriate-nicknames?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:00cc6b08-10cf-4daa-b693-2e99937e1493Post:00728eae-354b-4ee4-92fa-89a8a803ffc5">Re: Inappropriate Nicknames</a>:
    [QUOTE]My guy's name is Benjamin John - but all his life people have called him BJ.  So, there's that. I call all my girlfriends betches and shet bags.  And whore face and sh!t weazle are reserved for a couple of my closest girlfriends, too.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I knew a guy once who's name was Benjamin and went by BJ. His last name was Serviss. BJ Serviss. No joke.

I also know a guy named Brendan who goes by Beej. He and his friend (last name Weiner) had a radio show and called it the "Beej and Weiner show."
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • mandypapsmear.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inappropriate-nicknames?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:00cc6b08-10cf-4daa-b693-2e99937e1493Post:06c67005-d075-4455-a410-ddf7542e2360">Re: Inappropriate Nicknames</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inappropriate Nicknames : I knew a guy once who's name was Benjamin and went by BJ. His last name was Serviss. BJ Serviss. No joke. I also know a guy named Brendan who goes by Beej. He and his friend (last name Weiner) had a radio show and called it the "Beej and Weiner show."
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

See, that's just too perfect.  Or wrong.  One of the two.  :)
    panther
  • Lil' Dooper. 

I used to call my big sister Slughead.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards