July 2012 Weddings

Friday Chat Thread

Sometimes we don't start this till afternoon, but I am leaving at 2 for our inspection, and I wanted to get some chat time in :)

OK GO

can I vent for a second? remember how my BFF at the office left about 1.5 months ago or so? well, my boss and I went on a search, found the perfect candidate, she literally started 2 weeks ago...and today she put in her two weeks notice. She got offered a job that she interviewed for like 3 months ago and decided to take it. WTF. Now I have to help re-interview and re-train someone. My boss is going to be in China for the last two weeks of june/beginning of August, which is why he wanted me to have someone else here to cover hearings, chat with clients, etc. while he was gone, but now it looks like I will be back to being stuck alone. UGH.

Re: Friday Chat Thread

• Oooh I'm glad you started this early! I'm usually already gone for the day by the time ya'll do it!

Butterfly, that totally stinks, she sounds like a major whore. That kind of thing is just really poor form. Did you guys have any second choice ppl you interviewed that you can easily call back now?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • House inspection?? GOOD LUCK! Let us know how it goes. I know it can be really stressful seeing all the list of repairs (most of them will be suggestions though). Hopefully you get nothing major! Anything you worried about?

Oh wow.... that sucks, I hope they find somebody to take that girl's place. How rude of the girl.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Butterfly, that sucksssss. I'm sorry! :(

I'm so glad you started this because I have a vent that I don't think deserves it's own thread.

MY MOM BOUGHT ANOTHER DRESS.

Seriously? Another $1000 on dresses? She had the audacity to say "Well, maybe I'll just wear one for the ceremony and one for the reception!" YOU ARE NOT THE BRIDE!!!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good luck on your inspection!

I have to find some time tomorrow to iron table overlays, boo.  I have been putting it off but if I can just get some of it started, I am hoping my mindset about the project will change...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_friday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:9d115fd1-b192-4fdf-a163-a9095257a4c1Post:b5aee3e7-d10b-42f0-9b9a-284b31f93940">Re: Friday Chat Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Butterfly, that sucksssss. I'm sorry! :( I'm so glad you started this because I have a vent that I don't think deserves it's own thread. MY MOM BOUGHT ANOTHER DRESS. Seriously? Another $1000 on dresses? She had the audacity to say "Well, maybe I'll just wear one for the ceremony and one for the reception!" YOU ARE NOT THE BRIDE!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

Huh? how many dresses does your mom have now??

My mom likes to order dresses online and try them on. Well I think she ended up keeping like 4 dresses haha! Only planning on wearing one, I believe!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_friday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:9d115fd1-b192-4fdf-a163-a9095257a4c1Post:b5aee3e7-d10b-42f0-9b9a-284b31f93940">Re: Friday Chat Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Butterfly, that sucksssss. I'm sorry! :( I'm so glad you started this because I have a vent that I don't think deserves it's own thread. MY MOM BOUGHT ANOTHER DRESS. Seriously? Another $1000 on dresses? She had the audacity to say "Well, maybe I'll just wear one for the ceremony and one for the reception!" YOU ARE NOT THE BRIDE!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

This sounds ridiculous and frivolous.  Will it even be ready in time?  What if she needs alterations.
  • Butterfly I am sorry that sucks!!!!  B2B I can't believe your mom said that.  Put her in her place girl!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • So happy this was a 4 day work week!

butterfly - Good luck with your home inspection. being a realtor, that is my least favorite part of the home-buying process. Sounds like the home is newer and won't have any big issues.

Bridetobe - OMG, your mom got another dress? That is funny. Crazy how the moms are so serious about their dress choice when really most people won't notice because they will be look at us :-) I loved your mom's first one and she looked so good in it! My poor mom has bought and tried on at least a 100 dresses and still can't find one after having 9 months now to look.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • thanks guys!! I am really annoyed about this girl. i understand that this other job is better for her....but comeon.......

BRIDETOBE WHAT!?!?!?!?! is she seriously considering changing her dress???? she is so dramatic!! do you have a picture of the new dress, or is it being custom made too??
  • She's lost her mind.

The first one was special ordered and made to her measurements but she decided she didn't like it when it came in (I PIPed a while back but here it is again):

The new one is a Badgley Mischka dress from Neiman's and it will need alterations but at least it's not a tailor-made dress that she can't return (like the other one):

I'm pretty much livid with her and went ballistic on her last night. I told her to do whatever she wanted but I thought it was absolutely crazypants that she bought another dress.

Aside from the fact that we discussed from the very beginning that since the bottom of my dress is very big, hers should be sleeker since she's walking me down the aisle. Our dresses are going to be competing for space and I'm sorry, but you're not the bride. I am giong to absolutely be a bridezilla about this.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mekiakoo - there is a weird crack in the basement wall. it has been repaired, but that's the one thing our realtor is nervous about. The seller like I have said before is absolutely a biscuit, but we are hopeful there won't be anything major. We know that he spent a lot more building the house than what we paid for it (which is still a pretty penny) so we are hoping that most things were done properly. The basement still has like 3 years under full warranty so fi there is anything wrong with the basement, the contractor who built it has to come back in and fix it for free. We are just hoping nothing has to be re-negotiated.
  • Good luck on the inspection butterfly!!

bridetobe, your mom is being very over dramatic IMO. What does the new dress look like?
    Photobucket
  • Oops, I posted at the same time as you bride. I love your mom's new dress, but still, I think it's ridiculous that she bought ANOTHER one.
    Photobucket
  • Butterfly- Good luck with the inspection!

Bride- I actually like her first dress much better!  But at least its your mom who said maybe she can wear two dresses and you are able to tell her no.. My FMIL would like to wear two dresses and would also like her hair done twice!  However she has not even bought one dress yet!
  • hmmmm. I personally love the second dress in general, but I think the first one is much more "mother of the bride" appropriate while still being sexy. The sparkly sweetheart top on the new looks like it could be boobalicious! She should just stick with the one she had tailor made!! I still can't believe she bought a second one. Badgley Mischka is expensive!!!  
  • I honestly don't give an eff what the heck she wears at this point, I just want her to leave me alone with these freakin dresses.

If the first dress wasn't so incredibly expensive, and she wasn't cutting things out at the reception now to compensate, I wouldn't care.  THAT'S what's pissing me off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I actually like the 1st dress, bridetobe. Because the 2nd one looks more "flashy"- I mean it's beautiful, but the bottom is dramatic and like you said you don't want both of your dresses fighting for space. I say just let her do whatever she wants and keep you out of it. Maybe tell her you don't want to know anything about her dress pick anymore.

butterflyjumper- we had a crack on one of our walls in the basement and I was worried, but it just turned out to be a crack made by the plaster from the drywall behind it. Is it possible it's the same with your basement ceiling? I hope it's just cosmetic, nothing major. The wait is the hardest part, isn't it?! Be sure to come back with an update. Don't be afraid to point out EVERYTHING you notice, make a list of your own too.
  • edited June 2012
    ugh bridetobe I am annoyed for you. I would be so pissed if my mom started cutting things that I wanted to add to the reception so she could buy another dress. I agree 100% with mekiakoo's analysis, she said it better than I did hahaha. The second one is flashy and would compete with yours.

I think you are right about the basement - our realtor tried to explain something like that to us!

My FMIL is being a PITA about our whole house buying process. She thinks my fiance is a baby (he is actually 27) since he is the youngest of 3. She told him to "make sure he turns on every light switch in the whole house during the inspection." Sorry FMIL but we hired an inspector to check everything out I don't want to waste my time with him flipping lthousands of ight switches!!!!
  • Bride, she's cutting things out of the reception to compensate for her two dresses??!! Apparently I totally missed that little fact in your previous posts. MOMZILLA!!
    Photobucket
  • Yeah, she's now not doing the lounge area (which we planned on for, like, the whole entire year we've been planning) because she doesn't want to pay for the truck to bring our furniture out to the estate.

I may just tell her to stick to her old dress. Honestly, this is getting absurd. I told her she can bring the new dress to my fitting at the end of June and if I don't like how they look together, she's returning it.

Sorry, not sorry.

Butterfly, I forgot to say, good luck at the inspection!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_friday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:9d115fd1-b192-4fdf-a163-a9095257a4c1Post:afc33259-1003-46c9-b023-cf566b619616">Re: Friday Chat Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bride, she's cutting things out of the reception to compensate for her two dresses??!! Apparently I totally missed that little fact in your previous posts. MOMZILLA!!
    Posted by ceglare4[/QUOTE]

I totally missed this one too. WTF!!! Ugh. I'm learning the behaviors our parents are displaying and keeping notes for myself so I don't behave that way at our future children's wedding!!

butterfly- my parents had a long crack in their ceiling in two areas but it was NBD, something to do with the plaster- they just covered it (no structural problems). I remember being afraid of the crack, I was maybe 7, it was SO long!

FFIL came with us to our inspection mainly because we wanted somebody to interpret for us if needed. He was a bit annoying too- pointing out everything, telling us what we need to do too, like tasting water, light switches. But we appreciated it since obviously older people are more wise... right?? Ha!! They just bought a house and BIL bought a house recently too so I guess it was nice having people with house buying fresh on their minds helping us out.
  • Butterfly- Goodluck with the inspection

B2B- You tell your mom girl, otherwise she maybe one of those mom's on tv on that show monster-in-law (althought she is not your MIL) I am sorry she is being a big PIA!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I just don't understand why people are so inconsiderate...sorry B2B...
  • thanks guys!!! i am nervie!!

mekiakoo hahahahahaha I can totally see him walking around and tasting water, that makes me laugh. Neither of us are allowing our parents to be there, but our amazingly awesome realtor is going with us to help us know what to do. I <3 him and his fanny pack.

bridetobe - you tell her, girl!!!!!!!!!!

anyone else ready to leave work already even though it is still morning?!?
  • OMG Yes! I cannot wait until 5pm! ugh. This week is dragging!
  • Penny, I seriously cannot believe your ticker says 1 month left!!

This makes me anxious because I have nothing to do for the wedding and it making me nervous like I should be doing something.
  • OMG I was actually just thinking that today was the first day that anyone from our board would start to hit the under one month mark!!! Penny your ticket is cray-cray!!

• butterfly I effin love that word "cray-cray" I use it all the time! Drives people bananas! lol.
  • 1 month tickers scare me to death. I can't wait to be able to see most of your wedding updates before our wedding! I wonder if that will make me more excited or more scared!

Fanny packs lol, my parents always wore them while travelling, especially to different countries. So UGLY but useful! I bet they thought they were rocking it, looking awesome with their tube white socks, sneakers, and ugly "touristy" hats.

My dad still wears socks with his sandals. What the heck is wrong with him?? What's even worse is that he pulls it up as high as he can and it looks like it's squeezing the heck outta his calves. Sexy.
  • butterfly - I was going to make an asscrack joke but I couldn't think of anything funny enough.  Good luck with the inspection and your crack!  My FI and his father followed the guy around for the entire thing just to double-check him and take notes on what he found.  He was a total weirdo, too.

B2B - Time to rein mom in.  WTF.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards