Options

Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• Options
    lindaisylindaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Screen Name: lindaisy
    Significant Other's Age: 29 (will be 30 in Oct)
    What You Do: teacher
    What SO Does: salon owner
    State of Relationship: happily dating, act married, no official proposal but have decided we're getting married next year. I'm waiting on the ring and the official proposal. Don't know when but I figure it's soon!
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): June 25, 2010 (tentative)
    When You Got Married (if you're married):
    Fur Babies: none but I LOVE dogs and will get a golden retriever when we get a house!
    Favorite Color: blue
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: loves and supports me unconditionally
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    Hobbies/Activities: watching tv
    Describe Your Personality: silly, goofy, shy
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have a 7 year old daughter from a previous relationship. She's absolutely adorable and the love of my life

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:bren88

Significant Other's Age:20 he turns 21 on spet 20th

What You Do:Manager for a junior retail store

What SO Does:he is a Marine:)

State of Relationship:plan to be engaged sometime next year but right now b/f n g/f

How Long You've Been Together: not long less than 6 months

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): next year

When You Got Married (if you're married):n/a

Fur Babies:none:/

Favorite Color:PINK

Favorite Thing About Your SO:he is the most charming guy i know very sweet n romantic puts my needs first

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:he dips gross

Hobbies/Activities:dancing n hanging out w/ friends n fam

Describe Your Personality:im very stubborn, sarcastic, but i am the most caring n understanding person, i always have a smile on my face im young n i love to have funy but i have morals n values

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:im a true gemini i have 2 very diff personalities at times i can be sweet or i can be mean depends on how u cross me , im usually sweet tho lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: kberry333

Significant Other's Age:24

What You Do:College Student: English Major-Music Minor. I work in an office as a receptionist right now.

What SO Does: He is also a college student and he is working as well.

State of Relationship:Picked out a ring together and now I'm just waiting. (very, very paitently) Wink

How Long You've Been Together: 1year and 3 months

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):

Fur Babies: My SO has a few dogs and a horse..(He lives on a farm) and other misc. animals that live on his farm.

Favorite Color:Green

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is so perfect and sensitive and he understands me and accepts me no matter what. I mean we fight and what not but through it all he is the strong one and is always apologizing and making everything ok again. He is so patient with me and I love it.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: When he's upset he doesn't want to talk about it right away and he will just leave. I hate that because I want to know what he's thinking and how we can fix it. But he likes to take his time.

Hobbies/Activities: Writing music, reading, watching chick flicks, hanging out with friends, talking.

Describe Your Personality:Hmmm..that's a hard one. I'm kinda complicated. You can usually catch me in a good, cheery mood, but when I'm mad then just stay away. lol. I love the simple things in life. I'm not into going out every night and partying. I love the early morning when the sun is rising and just appreciating everything God has blessed me with. Smile

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 7! lol...the SO always complains about my everlasting attitude problem! Whatever. He loves me.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Many people who meet me are convinced that I grew up with all brothers, but in reality I have no brothers and I'm the oldest of 4 girls!!! So I'm not sure if that's an insult or compliment! It is what it is, I guess!

• Options
    fontassidyfontassidy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Fontassidy

Significant Other's Age: 26

What You Do: Post-BA student (getting my teaching license)...& work part-time as a counselor in a group home for kids w/developmental disabilities. Can't wait to finish my 2nd degree & get into my own classroom!

What SO Does: Also an education student (wants to teach high school English: crazy person alert!) ....& works part-time in the purchasing dept. of a pool & spa company.

State of Relationship: Dating, living in sin & ring shopping (yay!)

How Long You've Been Together: It'll be 2 years in October but we've been friends for longer :)

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): 10-20-12 is our tentative date...we couldn't help it, we're excited (but poor! lol, this gives us time to save $$)   O.o

Fur Babies: 3 y.o. Boxer (Apollo), 10 y.o. Russian Blue rescue kittty (Nola) & almost 1 y.o. orange tabby terrorist (Hobbes)

Favorite Color: Browns & Reds

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's intelligent, articulate, beautiful AND one of the most genuinely kind and open-hearted people I've ever known. He treats me better than anyone I've ever met, is accepting and VERY hard to rile up: important because I can be a handful ;D....

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't feel compelled to lead as active a lifestyle as I do (read: he likes video games, and it drives me NUTS!) lol.. & his cooking is *atrocious*. <3

Hobbies/Activities: skiing (snow, downhill), horseback riding, bike riding, hiking, tennis....anything outdoors, basically!...reading, talking politics, drinking good coffee, eating good food, music festivals, people watching....and on & on... ;)

Describe Your Personality: Lively, passionate, ("excitable", as my bf would say), stubborn, emotional, expressive & v. committed to those I love & what I love to do.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): directly proportional to the level of idiocy I'm encountering? Pry like a 3-5 generally but I can also be very understanding.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Hmm, I'm a practicing Buddhist...I'm adopted & my adoptive mom has the exact same birthday as me (35 years apart, obviously) right down to the hour & MINUTE we were born! No joke!

...and I can't decide between a fabulous formal wedding with everything from signature cocktails to fabulous DIY centerpieces to an after-hours coffee bar....and running away with my future FI to a remote island to tie the knot, and throwing a BBQ when we get back! Dah!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: AudgiePodge

Significant Other's Age: 25

What You Do: Stay at home mom

What SO Does: Game developer

State of Relationship: Living together. Talked about marriage. We have the rings and set a date. It's just a matter of him asking

How Long You've Been Together: 8 months. We have known each other since 9th grade.

Fur Babies: None, but I would like a kitty.

Favorite Color: Purple

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His nerdiness.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Chews with his mouth open.

Hobbies/Activities: I love video games

Describe Your Personality: A bit reserved at first. Very laid back and I take things with a grain of salt.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 7 or so.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was born and raised in Las Vegas, along with both of my parents. I lived in Alaska for a while, but am now back in Vegas.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: ldybug252000
    Significant Other's Age: 40

What You Do: Administrative Assistant and part time hair stylist

What SO Does: Manages a Sports Stadium

State of Relationship:--Dating Loving each other

How Long You've Been Together: --less than 9 mos

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): ---not engagegd yet.... he has brought it up a lot recently though, asked me if he proposed in 6mos or so, do i think i would be ready to try marriage again... so yes, i think its coming!!!
    When You Got Married (if you're married): --N/A

Fur Babies: ---1 cat

Favorite Color:--- purple

Favorite Thing About Your SO: ---his personality is like mines

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: ---a bit of a penny pincher at times it seems, nothing major though,Smile
    Hobbies/Activities: ---what ever is fun!!! dancing, movies, bar b que, bowling

Describe Your Personality:--- happy, get along with everyone

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):--- i can go from 1 to 10 in 60 seconds when needed, lol

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself--- i am just ready to be happy.. i am divorced mother of two and i feel like this man is a perfect fit for me.. i can see it in just the short amt of time we have been together... i dont have to change my behavoir, or try to get used to some of his... i love him the way he is and he loves me the way i am/
    My soul mate....I've definitely met mine. We are exactly alike, and yet the exact opposites. We are perfectly in sync, and yet always make up for what the other lacks. We are in each others' dreams, and thoughts. Grand's Woman
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: WhereYat

Significant Other's Age: 29

What You Do: Nonprofit administration

What SO Does: Atty

State of Relationship: Live together, have been basically inseparable since our first date 5yrs ago :-) . At this point we looked at e-rings, we're going to have ours custom-made, and he is going to scan pictures/sketches of rings in to the jeweler....any day now?? (Trying not to be too disappointed that he hasn't done it yet).

How Long You've Been Together: 5yrs

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): n/a
    When You Got Married (if you're married): n/a

Fur Babies: 2 cute rabbits and I'd like to get a dog, but it has to be able to get along with rabbits!

Favorite Color: Blue

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is just wonderful, so sweet.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Asking him to have an actual serious conversation when *I* want to talk is like getting blood from a stone, as the saying goes.  But when HE wants to have a serious conversation, then he's perfectly able to communicate.  Sigh, men.....

Hobbies/Activities: Right now I'm obsessed with "Netflix Streaming" though I know that's not actually a hobby, erm...

Describe Your Personality: I'm super-sarcastic, but actually EXTREMELY sweet and loyal. (And humble??).  A lot of people misunderstand me.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6, I would've say higher, but not after reading the "Snarky Brides" board.  If someone is mean, I'll turn it back on them Quick, but I would never snark someone if they were truly, simply trying to be nice/polite....

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Ummm I just scheduled a bunch of "extra" medical appts (acupuncture, LASIK, chiropractor) becuase I have a bunch of $$ left on my Flex Spending acct. Unfortunately I can't just have it back in cash.....but, I've never done any of these things before!!
  • Options
    MelG06MelG06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: melG06

Significant Other's Age: 20

What You Do: I witress, but I'm a full time student majoring in marketing

What SO Does: He builds scaffolding, but he's about to join the police department

State of Relationship: absolutely, madly in love Wink and talking about getting engadged!

How Long You've Been Together: 3 and a half years.

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Not engadged yet, waiting on my college graduation!

Favorite Color: coral

Favorite Thing About Your SO: he makes me laugh

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: his obsession with his car

Hobbies/Activities: I ride horses, and although I used to be an avid competitor, I really just train now. Travis, my boyfriend, and I are hoping to get into kayaking.  Besides that, school keeps my schedule pretty full

Describe Your Personality: It's kind of hard to describe your own personailty, but I think I could be described as goofy, ditzy, and always happy... oh, and drama free!

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I LOVE weddings. I got hooked on this website because one of my best friends is getting married in May, and her wedding has consumed my life. Since Travis and I have been talking about getting married, hopefully I can come up here with my own happy stories soon!

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: lynpham (at the time I wasn't paying attention when I signed up, oh well)
    Significant Other's Age 28:
    What You Do: Quality Assurance in Pharmaceuticals/ Graduate Student
    What SO Does: Designer for exhibits
    State of Relationship:Living together
    How Long You've Been Together: 1 year dating, 1 year before as friends
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): talks of engagement 
    When You Got Married (if you're married): n/a
    Fur Babies: rather a fin baby named Fred
    Favorite Color: Green/Blue
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: how his butt looks in a pair of fitted jeans... close second how handy he is around the house.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: absent-minded sometimes
    Hobbies/Activities: surfing, riding motorcycles, hiking, snow boarding, road trips and cooking.
    Describe Your Personality: mellow, laid back fun loving spirit
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 4
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have an obsession with the movie Finding Nemo.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Kristine526

Significant Other's Age: 25

What You Do: I work in a boring office, doing work I hate, surrounded by people I dislike. But I have a job interview to be a teacher tomorrow! Yay!

What SO Does: Graphic Design

State of Relationship: We're together, we're fabulous, and he bought my ring yesterday. Now to play the waiting game of "when" he'll pop the question

How Long You've Been Together: Long enough

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): October 22, 2011

Fur Babies: Mia, our 1/2 toy poodle 1/2 shih tzu mix

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He loves me for me, and he doesn't try to change me into something I'm not. I also love his sense of humor, and the fact that though he's funny and he makes me laugh, he knows when to be serious.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is the hardest person in the entire world to wake up. And while I'm trying to wake him up, and I'm getting whiny about it because he's not listening to me, he sleep mocks me. It drives me INSANE. The fact that he's a Yankees fan is a close second.(No offense to you ladies :) )

Hobbies/Activities: I like to dance, cook, bake, dance while cooking and/or baking, I love to scrapbook, read, and just enjoy time with friends, family, and my FI

Describe Your Personality: I'm pretty laid back, but I definitely have a feisty side.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depends on what I'm being snarky about... so I'll say 5, right in the middle.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:
    I have a ridiculous addiction to cheesecake and shoes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: CKW

Significant Other's Age: 22

What You Do: Full time Mommy. Part time associate at Kohl's department store.

What SO Does: Full time factory mechanic.  Part time motocross racer!

How Long You've Been Together: 2 years!

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): not yet engaged... but coming soon! :)

Fur Babies: Our kitty, Babygurl.   ...and counting down the days till we buy a house and pick out our puppy!!

Favorite Color: Both of us like the color red.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: Even if I am the angriest or saddest person on this earth-- he still finds a way to make my butterflies come alive in my tummy... and he always gets a smile out of me :)  oh- and his lips are irresistable! lol

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Can't say that I have a least favorite thing.  Sure, there are things that get on my nerves-- but I like to call them perfect imperfections!

Hobbies/Activities: MOTOCROSS!

Describe Your Personality:  I can not be described!  In the simplest terms-- I love life, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE to laugh!! :)

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  Not sure how to rate myself as a snark... But I do know that I speak my mind.  I say what needs to be said.... but I'm not a mean person.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I am ME :)

http://www.dnlrocks.com/cody-and-kayla.html

• Options
    deedee2181deedee2181 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: citiprincess

Significant Other's Age: 30

What You Do: Office Manager

What SO Does: Power Sports Sales

State of Relationship: Dating, living together, engaged we think (he asked prematurally ring is in the works)

How Long You've Been Together: just over a year we've been friends since HS

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): We are thinking Sept 2012

Fur Babies: Duke is my 5 year old bichon/poodle mix which BF has come to adopt and Chuck is our 5 month old rottweiler pup who is a big baby lap dog and totally a mama's boy

Favorite Color: Aqua/Turquoise

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is the most careing and passionate person I have ever met.  He spoils me rotten all the time and puts his family, his friends and me before himself always.  There are so many favorite things the list is endless.  But another favorite thing is his honesty.  He isn't affraid to tell me the dinner I just made him tasted terrible and pick up the phone and order our favorite pizza (he actually likes most of my cooking but I get a little adventurous sometimes.)  He also treats out puppies as our children and that makes me very very happy.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he smokes and it smellls

Hobbies/Activities: hanging with my bf and our puppies taking them anywhere and everywhere with us.  Hanging with my friends drinking wine having some laughs.  Hanging with my family who are all a bunch of crazies but be prepared for plenty of laughs and lots of love.  mani/pedis bi-weekly, tanning, beach, shopping, cleaning, going to the gym I'm trying to take up jogging and its not an easy thing to do, baking, cooking.

Describe Your Personality: This is a tricky one.  If I love you then I really love you if I dislike you I really dislike you.  I can be very stubborn at times (get that from my mom) and very laid back and chilled at other times (get that from my dad).  Let's just say I run hot and cold.  I stick up for myself when need be and can be a little outspoken but I was raised in the city and anything less is basically unexceptable.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): See above most of the time I would say a 3 but watch out if you mess with me I'd be an 11

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a daddy's girl to the fullest so much that I never want to leave my child hood home.  I love being here taking care of my BF, my dad, my pups and my baby bro (he's almost 20 but will forever be a baby in my eyes)(he's also one of my best friends).  I hate driving but I love long drives alone to clear my head.  I'm alos obsessed with the city I grew up in.  I will never move out of this city.  I live not even 3 miles north of Boston and travel 45 minutes north to the beach......  Oh yeah did I mention I am in love with the beach. 
    "I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand
    Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand
    Life is good today. Life is good today."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GenerationD05GenerationD05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Screen Name: GenerationD05

Significant Other's Age: 24 (will be 25 in a few months)

What You Do: I work as a medical secretary at an audiology practice.

What SO Does: Student and works at Walmart to support his apartment and bills.

State of Relationship: Happily dating and moving in together at the end of the year (long story).

How Long You've Been Together: It was two years in June

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Hoping in the next two to three years... have to get proposed to first.

Fur Babies: I just adopted a dog from a shelter two months ago. She is a chocolate lab (although I think her hair has a silver glow to it). her papers say she's also a german shepherd but she doesn't equal in the weight... I think she looks more like a border collie. 

Favorite Color: Blue and beachy colors (fuschia pinks, sunset oranges, etc)

Favorite Thing About Your SO: Makes me feel like I am perfect, even when I've had insecurities about myself (whether they're subconscous or not) since I can remember.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He takes a relaxed approach when things are goign wrong in general. For example, his internet has been out in his apartment for two, maybe three, months. He told his landlord once, but I had to tell him to call him many times. His tv just went out when he came back from work on Monday and he called yesterday when I told him to call several times. 

Hobbies/Activities: Photography, writing children's/young adult stories, going to the movies with my love, driving, ahnging out with my friends, traveling, etc.

Describe Your Personality: I am cautious about certain things, but then I'll also be able to try most things at least once. I don't try to dwell on the negatives in life because it won't get my anywhere. I am family oriented (and consider my friends part of my family). I've been told A LOT that I'm a great listener and that I give great relationship/love advice. It's hard to describe my personality in a few words or less... so I'd really have to have people talk to me on here in order to really get to know me.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I t can range from 2 to anything higher than that. It really just depends on the day.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've never broken any bones, sprained anything, had fractures or anything else that's serious. My boyfriend has had over 15 surgeries because of a medical condition he has. The first time I slept in a hospital was with him this past May. It was a long three days haha.
  • Options
    shanebugshanebug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen name: Shanebug

SO's Age: Early 20's

What you do: Student in Civil Engineering (Last Year!)

What SO does: Concrete Finisher/Carpenter (aspiring Teacher/other person who works with children)

How long you've been together: 4 1/2 years

When you're getting married (if you're engaged):  Not engaged yet, but there's been serious talk about marriage in the "when we get married" sense.

Fur Babies: None yet, no pets allowed :(

Favorite Color: Red and teal

Favorite thing about SO: His sense of humor, he always makes me laugh. And his random knowledge.

Least favorite thing about SO: Lack of motivation and let things happen attitude.

Hobbies and Activities: Cooking, reading, biking and I wish traveling

Describe your personality: I am a happy person who truly wants all the people in my life to be happy too. Very opinionated, motivated and energetic.

Snark Level: In private probably a 5, at work/ in public 1-2

Tell us something about yourself: I love to shop for shoes... I think I have a habit lol

• Options
    lainsayssuplainsayssup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Chelloooo! happy to have found some people in the same boat!

Screen Name: lainsayssup

What You Do: hairstylist

What SO Does: title insurance

State of Relationship: dating and cohabitating ;]

How Long You've Been Together: almost 5 yrs

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): well we are not engaged but i'm
    planning sept/oct 2011 HA!

Fur Babies: Scully 10 month old red and white boston terrier

Favorite Thing About Your SO: he is the biggest goof and always makes me laugh

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: sometimes can be a bit insensitive

Describe Your Personality: loving, attentive, silly

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): depends on the topic!

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I really dislike this type of question! i
    am basically an old woman and would rather be at home with my dog and boyfriend than doing something "interesting:" :]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:  Zoey2012

Significant Other's Age:  21

What You Do:  3rd year Accounting student

What SO Does:   3rd year Mechanical Engineering student

State of Relationship:   Living together for past year

How Long You've Been Together:   4 years

When You're Getting Married:   December 16, 2012   (After we both graduate in May)

Fur Babies: 3 cats (we LOVE cats)  a 7 year old tortoiseshell, a 1 year old gray tabby, and a 4 year old ragdoll

Favorite Color:   Green

Favorite Thing About Your SO:  The look in his eyes when he's trying hard not to smile at me

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He doesn't plan ahead for most day to day things while I keep a schedule on me at all time  (but he likes that I remember what he needs to do)

Hobbies/Activities:   Yoga, running, cooking, and playing with our kitties :-p

Describe Your Personality:   Not exactly shy, but reserved. caring/gentle...

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):   pretty close to a 0

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:   I love Halloween Horror Nights (haunted houses at Universal Studios) and this year will be my 6th year going
  • Options
    Bec20Bec20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Bec20

Significant Other's Age: 15 months older than me.

What You Do: I'm a psychology student who is starting to work part-time at a daycare in a few weeks.

What SO Does: He works for a welding company at the moment and is taking a year off of school to earn some money.

State of Relationship: Dating.  Lived together this past school year.

How Long You've Been Together: 2 years this past May.

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): BF wants to get married in May of 2013 or May of 2014.

Fur Babies: None, but BF really wants a puppy.

Favorite Color: Pink.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is extremely sweet and considerate.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He procrastinates.  A lot.

Hobbies/Activities: Writing, reading, board games, and hanging out with my friends.  BF and I have seen the entire series of Friends many, many times.

Describe Your Personality: Pretty shy, creative, and curious.  I've been told I have a good sense of humour by several people.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): About a four I'd say.  I'm not usually too snarky, but some things really cause me to be snarky.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've written 2 full length novels and I can lick my elbow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: StarGazingHiker

What You Do:Substitute Teacher and potential School Psychology Grad Student

What SO Does: Engineer

State of Relationship: Dating.  Happily dating/living together

How Long You've Been Together: 6 years and a few months

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Meh, some time in the future...

Fur Babies: 4 year old boxer

Favorite Color: Blue/purple/red/pink/green.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: Super sweet and always makes me laugh

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can be very single minded sometimes... ie- focusing on one thing and not paying attention to anything else...

Hobbies/Activities: Reading, hiking, swimming, taking the puppy to the beach, shooting, riding horses, offroading, hanging out at the river

Describe Your Personality: Relatively shy, but I'm working on it... fun-loving and easy going

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Maybe a 2 or 3... I think snarky but don't speak my mind about it

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I want to hike the Pacific Crest Trail one day even though it'll take about 6 months of my life... we're beginning to train for it/ figuring out when we can do it
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    KindleMKindleM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: KindleM

Significant Other's Age:22 but is turning 23 next month

What You Do: I'm a student but I have no idea what I want to major in. :/

What SO Does: SO is in the Marines. :)

State of Relationship: Dating but I feel a proposal coming soon. ;)

How Long You've Been Together: almost 5 years. We've been together since I was 16.

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):N/A

When You Got Married (if you're married): N/A

Fur Babies: 2 cats, they are brother and sister.

Favorite Color: Mine are pink and purple and his are Green and Blue

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's caring and kind and when he wants something he goes for it.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:sometimes he's a bit too trusting.

Hobbies/Activities: Animal rescue, dancing, surfing and learning how to fly.

Describe Your Personality: I'm extremely outgoing and am always on the move. :)

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Probs about a 3. I'm not mean unless I feel the need to be. Which isn't very often.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I use to work at Walt Disney World and my SO and I have both sang at Carnegie Hall.
  • Options
    kmcneilly03kmcneilly03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Significant Other's Age: 24
    What You Do: Secretary at my church
    What SO Does: EMT/In Paramedic School
    State of Relationship:Not engaged yet!
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 years
    Fur Babies:
    Favorite Color: Yellow
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: I'm his FIRST concern in everything he does. (And that's one of many.)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: When he takes acting "childish" to a whole new level. :)
    Hobbies/Activities: Off-roading, theatre, writing, dance, singing, gardening.
    Describe Your Personality: I'm silly. I'm pretty shy until I really feel comfortable in a group, then I am usually the goofiest one. I tend to also be the balance among my friends, and I am very passionate about things that mean something to me. 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): No idea what a snark is. :)
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've had 12 teeth pulled. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: panuskavm, but you can call me Val
    What You Do: Office Clerk in the parking office at a college
    What SO Does: Counter sales at an HVAC supply company... On his way to being manager.
    State of Relationship: not engaged yet.  But he did get down on his knee in the grocery store parking lot with a quarter machine ring and told me he wants to spend the rest of his life with me.
    How Long You've Been Together: We have been dating for almost 2 years, but have known each other for 11 years.
    Fur Babies: No furry ones, but we have two gold fish, one is gold Meemo and one is white Eeba. (they were named by his three year old son)
    Favorite Color: Orange
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can be so romantic.  He likes to whisper things in my ear as we are falling asleep about how beautiful I am and how much he loves me.  He has brought me to tears more than once.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he is a smoker
    Hobbies/Activities: playing computer games, I am a farmville addict, baking, reading, and watching movies.
    Describe Your Personality: I am generally a fun and sweet person, altho I will admit to having my off days.  I love animals, and as soon as I get my car working, I am hoping to volunteer at the animal shelter. I like most people I meet and am very forgiving if anything does happen.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I will say 4.  I will put up with a lot of BS, but when I hit my breaking point, look out, especially if it is a day where the PMDD is causing mood swings.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have two tattoos.  The people I work with are still in shock about that.  I just don't seem the type.  My boyfriend and I met at a haunted house when I was 13 and he was 15.  Since I was a very awkward teenager, I wasn't to interested in dating until my final semester at college.  But now that Jake and I are together, there seems to be no separating us.  I know I can't wait to marry him, to the point that I have asked him several times to marry me.  He just keeps saying "Yes, but not until we do it the right way" which means, not until he proposes, and no eloping.  Altho with our budget, it will be very much like eloping.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Sorona

Significant Other's Age: 22

What You Do: I'm training to be a teacher for 5-11 year olds

What SO Does: PHP/Flash development

State of Relationship: Happily living together

How Long You've Been Together: Three years

Fur Babies: None as of yet, though we both love dogs and we have a regular cat visitor from next door

Favorite Color: Green

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His determination and passion for everything he sets his mind to :)

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't say sorry too quickly!

Hobbies/Activities: I looove to read everything I can get my hands on! And going to visit anywhere with a view.

Describe Your Personality: Very outspoken and the kind of person who shouts for the underdog. I'm protective of the people closest to me. I'd say I'm a nice, loyal and genuine person.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Meh, depending on my mood, anywhere from a 1 to a 8, I'd say.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have an enormous phobia of tomato ketchup.
    "It is better to believe than to disbelieve; in so doing, you bring everything to the realm of possibility." - Albert Einstein
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: erin_y
    Significant Other's Age:28
    What You Do: sales
    What SO Does: chief
    State of Relationship: no ring yet but planing on it soon
    How Long You've Been Together: alomst 8 months
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): thinking late sep
    Fur Babies: one dog named mitzu
    Favorite Color: pink
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: hes sense of self
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he dosnt talk much :(
    Hobbies/Activities: shopping, hanging out with family
    Describe Your Personality:im a hyper girl who likes to plan (drives my bf crazy)
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): i dunno 5
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: i love to plan and think about things...all come up with 5 diffrent wedding ideas all in one day and throw them out there just to see what he thinks.  :)
  • Options
    helizabeth010helizabeth010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: helizabeth010
    What You Do: i am an assistant manager at a grocery store and go to school.
    What SO Does: he is a pharmacy tech
    State of Relationship: living together/ looking at engagement rings
    How Long You've Been Together: a year and a half
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): when the right time comes probably a year or two
    When You Got Married (if you're married): not yet
    Fur Babies: we have his son from a previous marriage. he is the light of our lives
    Favorite Color: hmm.. i think purple. light purple
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: how he can make me smile without trying.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: how i can never stay mad at him for too long. he has this power of making everything better. he doesnt like me mad or upset but sometimes i want to be lol
    Hobbies/Activities: i like to be creative. make scrap books or change the room a little
    Describe Your Personality: pretty quiet. once you know me you will want me to shut-up. Justin didnt believe me when i first told him that. im happy pretty much all the time.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): i would say maybe a 2?
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: my ideal date for us is dinner and a movie on our couch at home. we are homebodies
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: lindsayrae1986

Significant Other's Age: mid-twenties

What You Do: top secret government computer programming stuff
    What SO Does: music education

State of Relationship: dating and enjoying each day together
    How Long You've Been Together: officially or unofficially? 
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): summer 2011 (tentatively, early august)

Fur Babies: bella, my 2 year old cairn terrier
    Favorite Color: green, turquoise, coral, peach, pink, purple... i love patterns and colors and mixing and matching them all. 

Favorite Thing About Your SO: hmmm... his heart.  he is very forgiving, patient, understanding, giving, willing to sacrifice and work hard, affectionate, a constant rock in our crazy lives, always willing to learn from others, knows when to just be quiet and let things be, or when i need to be challenged or pushed (at least, most of the time...), never yells or plays mind games or tries to manipulate people... just an all-around, wonderful, agreeable, honest person.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: sometimes a little indecisive or laid-back...  i'm an intense organizer and planner, and he's a procrastinator...  and that stresses me out sometimes.

Hobbies/Activities: music, reading, organizing things, sleeping, craft-y things, cooking, baking, working with my kids (my wednesday night class at church and my piano students), evening walks around the neighborhood

Describe Your Personality: type A organizer, creative

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): it depends.  i don't like snarky people, but sometimes if i'm irritated enough i'll make a comment that i regret later.  so i think generally, very low...  i want to be an encourager but sometimes i fail.  :)

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: um...  i'm obsessed with reading cooking and baking blogs...  is that interesting?  probably not...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi everybody! A bit about myself:

Screen Name: Heart143
    State of Relationship: very committed
    How Long You've Been Together: 2+ years (but known each other for 8 years before that!)
    Fur Babies: a Shih Tzu puppy
    Favorite Color: Pink
    Hobbies/Activities: Travel, Photography
    Describe Your Personality: Friendly and fun
    Other facts: I'm from Toronto, Canada Smile
  • Options
    AKSGRLAKSGRL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: see profile
    What You Do: seeking Marketing profession; assist in weddings on my spare time
    What SO Does: top secret gov. stuff
    State of Relationship: bought a home together
    How Long You've Been Together: 2+ years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): August 2012 but no ring yet.
    Fur Babies: tan colored chiweenie
    Favorite Color: both LOVE green
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: got his head on straight
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: a bit too organized/OCD-ish
    Hobbies/Activities: foodie, dancing, singing, loving dogs
    Describe Your Personality: deep thinker, humorous, like one-on-one conversations, creative, planner
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Climbed a cliff without any equipment during my second week of college.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: dmz916
    Significant Other's Age:  38
    What You Do:  Training manager
    What SO Does:  Computer tech
    State of Relationship: Living Together
    How Long You've Been Together: 1.5 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Hopefully 2011
    Fur Babies:  Bailey and Girlie
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He is not afraid to show how he feels about me!!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  His snoring and flipping when I am trying to sleep LOL!!
    Hobbies/Activities:  Beaching it on the weekends in the summer.
    Describe Your Personality:  Outgoing likes to have fun, but can be serious when its needed.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  I would say about a 5.  I have my days :)
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  Not much to say.  I guess I am a boring person :)!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What You Do: Starbucks Barista/ Substitute Teacher
    What SO Does: Shipping
    State of Relationship:Exclusive
    How Long You've Been Together:2 years
    Favorite Color: Purple
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He takes care of me when I need it and cares about me more than anyone.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Sometimes I have to kick him in the butt to get him motivated.
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading, video games, singing, dancing, sports
    Describe Your Personality: I have great friends that I love to be around. I love laughing and having a good time. It's hard for me to get along with females, so the female friends that I have are very special to me. I'm easy going but very detail oriented.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): It can go anywhere depending on the situation.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I just graduated from college and I play video games to relieve stress. :d
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Smfs816Smfs816 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stacy
    Significant Other's Age: 31
    What You Do: Sales/Retail/Telecommunications
    What SO Does: Sales
    State of Relationship: Own a home together
    How Long You've Been Together: 2
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): 11/11/11?
    Fur Babies: 1 Dog, Spida & 1 Real child Aubrey, 4
    Favorite Color: Seafoam
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His eyes
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he smokes
    Hobbies/Activities: family adventures
    Describe Your Personality: constantly planning something, usually a party
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): not sure what this means?
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I wish I was a party planner!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards