New Jersey
Options

addressing save the dates?

Hi girls...so we finally got our save the dates in and now comes the happy task of writing out the envelopes (sarcasm).  We have a few single friends and family members who are all invited with a guest...my question is, do we put "& guest" on the save the date?  I've asked around a bit and the consensus is no, but I don't want them to think they are invited as a single, so I am thinking of just going ahead and putting the "& guest" on there.....

Thoughts?  Does it even really matter?  Am I getting wedding brain and obsessing over stupid things that no one really thinks about anyway?

Re: addressing save the dates?

• Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

For my single friends, I addressed the envelopes to My Friend & Guest.  If they had a boyfriend or girlfriend and were serious enough that I knew their name, I put that on the envelope.  It will save you the headache later of people asking "can I bring someone"?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_addressing-save-the-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:5314dc73-f0a5-42e2-95bc-1a8cc4da0470Post:b1cdb0b4-098b-44ed-8262-2e4244ea2056">Re: addressing save the dates?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For my single friends, I addressed the envelopes to My Friend & Guest.  If they had a boyfriend or girlfriend and were serious enough that I knew their name, I put that on the envelope.  It will save you the headache later of people asking "can I bring someone"?
    Posted by Giaspo[/QUOTE]

Ditto this....I was making myself crazyyyyy thinking about what to do and all the opinions of people and decided I don't need the headache again later so I just did it now...
  • Options

For single people, we just sent the STD addressed to them.  When we send the invite, we're adding + guest if we do not know their name. 

• Options
    If they had a SO, I put them on there for the STD. IIf they didn't, I addressed it just to the single person.

• Options
    I included & Guest just because I think I'd want to know if I was single whether or not I could bring a date.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The etiquette is that you do not have to indicate this on the STD. You would put "& guest" (better if you know their exact name) on the inner envelope of the invitation, if you have an inner. I would refrain from putting "& guest" on STD to guests who are truly single. As in, no relationship at all. A lot can change from now to then & it is a whole lot harder to explain why you can't have a guest anymore than it is to give them a guest. If you insist, only do it for those who have a SO. 

Really, why would you need to know that far in advance if you can bring a date or not? Your date may not even know if they'll be available by the wedding date anyway.
  • Options
    hmm...lots to think about- thanks for all the feedback ladies!
  • Options
    We didn't do it in case we had to make cut backs later.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards