Wedding Etiquette Forum

Evening

Hey guys. Distract me? I have zero interest in studying for my last final. Unfortunately it is my hardest one too. Whats up? 

Re: Evening

• We are catching up on The Voice and I just ate some healthy tuna for dinner. Hopefully that will balance out all the pizza I ate for lunch.

Hooray for just one more final Musu! Are you taking classes this summer?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi ladies. I'm absolutely exhausted, which I think is from a combination of getting too little sleep and coming down off my medication. I want to hit the gym tonight, but I don't know that I'll have the energy.

MuSu, what class is your last final in?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ahh, the Voice. I didn't watch the finale last night but I heard who won. 

Yeah I'm taking 4 summer classes, actually. One is a night class for one month, two days a week. The other 3 are weekend intensive classes, so it won't be all summer at least. It will still feel like a break for sure!
  • strlzfan11strlzfan11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    I'm sitting here watching Jeopardy.  I'm debating whether or not to call a friend to see if they need childcare assistance for Friday.  Her mom died Monday night (after a long illness, so it's a blessing) and since I helped out with her mom's care for an extended period, I want to be there for her and her husband (and told him yesterday I'd help if they needed it; he said he'd call me once plans were set).  The funeral is Friday but 2.5 hours from here, and I can't imagine them taking a 4 and 6 year old to the funeral.  If they don't need a sitter, I will go to the funeral.  I don't want to intrude on their time, but I kinda need to know if I'm going to work at all on Friday.
  • edited May 2012
    Angel-- Employment Discrimination. I hated the class so so much. The professor was absolutely terrible and everyone I knew in the class felt like we were not learning anything. Fortunately the test is open book, but I feel like he is going to grade really hard and I just really have no idea what will happen. 

ETA: Sorry I used your real name haha woops!
  • That is really nice of you, steelz. :) Hopefully she gets back to you one way or another. 
  • Angel - I'm not trying to make you rehash everything again, but I'm never around till later when these last conversations have happened about FI. You seem to be a fun and nice person and I want to let you know that I'm here if you ever need to talk. You can PM or FB me any time. :)

Musu - I"m glad it will be somewhat of a break for you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:55cf1fa5-702e-46eb-86b9-10cdd6431e39">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel-- Employment Discrimination. I hated the class so so much. The professor was absolutely terrible and everyone I knew in the class felt like we were not learning anything. Fortunately the test is open book, but I feel like he is going to grade really hard and I just really have no idea what will happen.  ETA: <strong>Sorry I used your real name haha woops!</strong>
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Haha I saw that. It's cool. I actually tried to search for you as MuSu on facebook today. Oddly enough, you didn't come up ;)

I can't remember if FI took that class or what he thought of it. Open book is good, but you're probably right that he'll grade really hard because of that!
  • Thanks, Petal!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:35b650c4-98d8-43c4-a499-50b48475f44d">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening : Haha I saw that. It's cool. I actually tried to search for you as MuSu on facebook today. Oddly enough, you didn't come up ;) I can't remember if FI took that class or what he thought of it. Open book is good, but you're probably right that he'll grade really hard because of that!
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>hah i do that all the time w/ FB. :) The class material itself really isn't that bad, but the way the prof goes about teaching and trying to get the details out of it, I don't know, it just is really confusing. He is extremely detail oriented. </div><div>
    </div><div>I'd also like to know if I can pick my puppy up or not afterward. The lady still hasn't answered my email. :(</div>
  • I'm sure I'll hear from her at some point.  I'm just not looking forward to all day in the car Friday if I go to the funeral because I'm going to my parents' house Friday night, which is almost 5 hours from the funeral site.  If I didn't have a wedding to go to Saturday, I would most likely not be going home this weekend.
  • So, i had a meltdown this weekend when my dress didn't fit properly. It looked horrible.  My boobs were pushed all up like I'm Jennifer Coolidge and there was back fat.  It was a nightmare. So I went on a nothing but salads, water, fish and veggies diet and continued to panic.

Then I had the brilliant idea to try it on with my original bra (FI accidentally threw it in a hot wash with pink clothes.  genius!).  Yeah.  the dress fits just fine.  It was the bra/dress combo's fault.

I celebrated by eating dark chocolate Chex Mix.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:c78b8611-3fa9-4e8e-9c52-4c5de51b1695">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening : hah i do that all the time w/ FB. :)
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

I think we all do that, especially if you're FB friends with Fische.  Almost every single time I click on her page at least half of her 6 friends they show are knotties.
  • Yikes, that's a lot of driving, Strlz! It's really nice of you to offer to watch the kids though.
  • Muni - I'm glad it was just the bra. Try to relax as much as possible. I know you are going to look beautiful and have a fabulous wedding.

Musu - I friend requested you. It showed you on somone's page and I was like "hey, I recognize those pretty wedding pics". But if you are worried about me being a creeper I won't take it personally, haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glad the dress fits now, Muni! You've had enough stress over the last few weeks, you don't need dress issues on top of it!
  • Her mom was actually living with them during the time I was helping out with her care, so I spent a lot of time with the kids.
  • Hey!  I'm supposed to be balancing the checkbook and paying bills, but instead I'm reorganizing some of my recipe Pins on Pinterest... 
  • Glad it was just the bra, Muni.
  • Loopy, are you prepared for the influx of phone calls this weekend?
  • Aw muni I am glad the panic ended up being ok in the end. That would've freaked anyone out, this close to the wedding!

Ah, Petal I thought I accepted! I think I saw it on my phone and something might've been wonky with buttons. I'll fix that. ;)
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Hey, raspberry! I guess I haven't seen you in any posts today! Pinterest is way more fun than balancing a checkbook. I've never balanced a checkbook, nor do I know, since I've only written like 10 checks in my life, but it sounds dull.

ETA - I meant to quote Loopy here, but oh well, it's clear who I'm talking to :)
  • I'm glad you have your priorities straight Loopy. After all, no one else is following your checkbook. Pinterest is much more important in my opinion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks guys.  I'm glad too.  It means I can eat like a normal person again!  

Our house is nearly back together again.  Just a few things to clean.  But FI GOT ME A ROOMBA!  I named him Jeeves von Roombastein.  And I love him.  

Look at your little Raspberry Froot Loop!  So exciting!
  • angel: like the new sig!

I am EXHAUSTED.....and discovered (though I already knew) that I am out of shape.  Today we took students on a walking field trip.  I walked over 4 miles and I am sore!
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I'm looking at bridesmaids dresses online. Ideally, I'd like all my girls to be in the same dress, if it's at all possible. However, one of them will probably start TTC after her wedding in July, so she could be up to 6 months pregnant at the wedding. I have no problem with her wearing a maternity dress, obviously, but I'd like it to be in the same color and fabric as the dress the other girls wear. Of course, none of the dresse I'm liking come with a maternity option in the same fabric, so I'm not having any luck so far.

MuSu - Did your girls wear long dresses?

ETA - Thanks, Hockey!
  • My FB has been acting so slow on my phone lately. 

I always get nervous when requesting a Knottie. It took me forever to get my first FB friend and then just recently I was figure I knew people enough and started requesting here and there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3135731c-69fd-4cdd-82e2-867266ca6655Post:9c81cf87-593a-4653-aceb-7fb690438f7e">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FB has been acting so slow on my phone lately.   <strong> I always get nervous when requesting a Knottie.</strong> It took me forever to get my first FB friend and then just recently I was figure I knew people enough and started requesting here and there.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

I requested a few people today and I felt the same way! All but one accepted, and now I can't even find her on there. Perhaps she blocked me? Ha.
  • Angel, Nope, they didn't. They were knee-ish length, sort of just below the knee. I don't particularly care for long dresses, and all but one of my BMs are pretty short. They were adamant against long dresses anyway since it would've made them all look like midgets. 
  • Hello! 
    I finished up all of my finals over the weekend so thank goodness I am done! I have been trying to find something good to read. Any suggestions? 

Loopy- i just saw your ticker! Congratulations :)
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards