New Hampshire

wedding shower or just get gifts at wedding?

trying to debate if i should have a shower or just get gifts at the wedding?  what did you do?

Re: wedding shower or just get gifts at wedding?

• FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would never throw myself a shower nor would I ask someone to throw me a shower.

Should someone ask if you wanted a shower, that is a different story.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_wedding-shower-just-gifts-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:9d110958-13de-4050-afed-98e5a9dbd565Post:937c9c59-435a-410e-960a-09d4e913f6fb">Re: wedding shower or just get gifts at wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would never throw myself a shower nor would I ask someone to throw me a shower. Should someone ask if you wanted a shower, that is a different story.
    Posted by FireDancer04[/QUOTE]
     I agree here.  This really isn't something for you to decide.  Sorry!

To answer your question:  I had a shower because my MOH and mom wanted to throw a shower.  I think they knew that I would like one and that's why they did it.  I did not, however, tell them to throw me a shower.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To add on to cg-pm's I'm having a shower because my mom and MOH's asked me if I wanted one (or two since I'm originally from out of state) and I said yes.
  • edited December 2011
    OP did not say anything about throwing her own shower. I agree - she should have been more clear but let's not jump to conclusions.

I agree with the ladies - if someone offers to throw you a shower you can certainly take them up on that offer. I did have a shower put on by my Mom, her bestfriend, my sister, and my BM. It was a lovely gathering and I felt very loved.

Why are you "debating" this? I have friends who did not want showers because the idea of having to open gifts in front of a large group of women made them want to throw up. If you have personal reasons for not wanting a shower then you can certainly tell whoever is interested in throwing you a shower that you would rather not have one. Be prepared for some pressure though - people have strong opinions about wedding traditions.

Getting gifts at the wedding is a bit of a nightmare to be honest. Our car was SO packed that we had to go home and get a different car to take on our mini moon. And I DID have a shower. I guess people just don't consider how those gifts will make their way to your house.

GL!
  • edited December 2011
    If someone offers to give you a shower, I would say yes unless you absolutely don't want one! My mom and my sister (also my MOH) are throwing mine for me. I didn't get asked but I know they are. I wouldn't throw myself one either, but I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards