Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF

Re: FFF

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b67ae4b-5942-49f6-b5db-6ef0efb4e236Post:b1ac77ca-5d7c-47a7-b679-40702b3ae042">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think you're centered Celles.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Really?  Weird.

Either that ancient TK centering glitch is back, or TPTB are trying to make me think I'm crazy.  Awesome. 
  • adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b67ae4b-5942-49f6-b5db-6ef0efb4e236Post:d1f27ac6-524d-4ca4-b200-608e3fe4a486">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Oooh ouch!
    Posted by ILoveToRobot[/QUOTE]

Grow the fuuck up.</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b67ae4b-5942-49f6-b5db-6ef0efb4e236Post:2dc181be-1b58-4aa1-bb26-569bff3f5de3">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Really?  Weird. Either that ancient TK centering glitch is back, or TPTB are trying to make me think I'm crazy.  Awesome. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

My post appears centered to me but the rest are normal.
  • Wasn't your food swap really late too ldy?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b67ae4b-5942-49f6-b5db-6ef0efb4e236Post:bdfce926-5e8d-4fec-a0f3-cd93b5f0b592">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Grow the fuuck up.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

What's with the hostility? Geez you'd think I came in here and told everyone they smell or something.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b67ae4b-5942-49f6-b5db-6ef0efb4e236Post:2dc1f37f-be90-4a83-acbc-6bbc5750b8f2">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame my SS for not loving me. And I flame myself for being lame and REALLY wanting my SS gift! I've been coming home and searching my front porch for a box for weeks :-( loser, party of me
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

That's a dumb flame! I would be sad too.
  • TK is messing with your mind Celles!

I'm sorry LDY.  Were there any messages from your SS about it being on the way or anything?  Send me your address I'll mail you something.  (Whether you want it or not is another question LOL :)).
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww, LDY.  You haven't received your SS gift? 

I was the one girl in my kindergarten class whose SS "forgot" to bring a gift to our exchange.  My teacher ran out at lunch to buy me a little pink wallet to make up for it, but even with her intervention (<3, whoever you are!), I don't think I ever fully recovered from the rejection. 

I'll sit on the loser bench with you.

And Eagles, that's cool if you weren't.  It still struck me as weird at the time, though. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b67ae4b-5942-49f6-b5db-6ef0efb4e236Post:c22e7e79-5543-49e6-94fc-7d2e7abbf361">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF.  Why am I centered?
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

It only looks centered to you. TK did that to me and some other a few weeks ago. It's really far more annoying than it should be.

I want to know why on earth TK keeps opening new windows when I click to go to the next page. FFF!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b67ae4b-5942-49f6-b5db-6ef0efb4e236Post:27face87-6b29-4b16-b01d-a69199030670">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wasn't your food swap really late too ldy?
    Posted by barrelbabe004[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it was Stacks and she kept me up on elfster saying "it's going to be late! Sorry!"

I dont know who my SS is. I'm not mad, just anxious!
  • Am I mistaken, or did Kiki GBCK several times within the same FFF awhile back, and in that FFF say something to the effect of, "well, I wasn't going to show you pics of my baby anyway, because I would never post photos of my kid on the internet"? Like, a privacy thing. Which I actually respect that POV - but then she put the kid in her sig ASAP. If I'm thinking of someone else, disregard this, but if it was her, then I flame that.

This isn't exactly a flame, but I don't much care for Edie. Too saccharine for my taste.

I flame staceycaine for being just plain annoying. Besides being all weird about money and telling us over and over that her wedding is costing $30k, which she was already flamed for - she tends to make some words ALL CAPS for emphasis, and it just comes off like she's constantly shouting at people. And in every advice post, she makes everything about her and what she's doing. It's like, give advice, or don't, but stfu about yourself.
  • I understand that. I did an ornament exchange on TN and was late with that... It's the whole getting to the post office thing that gets me. I don't work or live near one so I space it.
  • Guys. What the hell did you do in here?!
  • I got my SS gift out early.  ALL of my other Christmas gifts are sitting on my kitchen table waiting to be wrapped and shipped off to various places in the country.  I think I missed the boat on Christmas, so I'll get them out next week LOL.  I was mostly just lazy and unmotivated for the last week and a half.
  • Daff, you aren't mistaken.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b67ae4b-5942-49f6-b5db-6ef0efb4e236Post:b0c2003c-3714-493f-a3a2-271bbfbdcdca">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Am I mistaken, or did Kiki GBCK several times within the same FFF awhile back, and in that FFF say something to the effect of, "well, I wasn't going to show you pics of my baby anyway, because I would never post photos of my kid on the internet"? Like, a privacy thing. Which I actually respect that POV - but then she put the kid in her sig ASAP. If I'm thinking of someone else, disregard this</strong>, but if it was her, then I flame that. This isn't exactly a flame, but I don't much care for Edie. Too saccharine for my taste. I flame staceycaine for being just plain annoying. Besides being all weird about money and telling us over and over that her wedding is costing $30k, which she was already flamed for - she tends to make some words ALL CAPS for emphasis, and it just comes off like she's constantly shouting at people. And in every advice post, she makes everything about her and what she's doing. It's like, give advice, or don't, but stfu about yourself.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

I think you are correct. I guess I don't mind because I think so many opinions change after a child is actually born that I don't really fault her.

I had to google saccharine. Way to make me feel dumb, Daffodil Jill!
  • Snips!  It's the holiday love... it just overpowers everything. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b67ae4b-5942-49f6-b5db-6ef0efb4e236Post:b0c2003c-3714-493f-a3a2-271bbfbdcdca">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame staceycaine for being just plain annoying. Besides being all weird about money <strong>and telling us over and over that her wedding is costing $30k, which she was already flamed for</strong> - she tends to make some words ALL CAPS for emphasis, and it just comes off like she's constantly shouting at people. And in every advice post, she makes everything about her and what she's doing. It's like, give advice, or don't, but stfu about yourself.

<div>I've never heard this but I don't get a general good vibe from her anyway.</div>
  • Don't change, Edie!

edited December 2011
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b67ae4b-5942-49f6-b5db-6ef0efb4e236Post:e9a29b16-4d61-4865-9813-db4c1945bde9">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Ditto this.  How does one become less  saccharine?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Why do you feel you need to change because one person says they don't care for you?</div>

• Edie - don't change on my account. Like I said, just not my cup of tea.

Erin - what's flameworthy about it to me is that as soon as she said, "I'm outta here", I thought to myself, "she'll be back to show off her baby". Then she said she would never post photos of her kid on the internet, and I thought to myself, "yeah she will." It's all very predictable.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b67ae4b-5942-49f6-b5db-6ef0efb4e236Post:a390d4e4-e0c1-44cd-8c70-48c243bd2f64">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Edie - don't change on my account. Like I said, just not my cup of tea. <strong>Erin - what's flameworthy about it to me is that as soon as she said, "I'm outta here", I thought to myself, "she'll be back to show off her baby". Then she said she would never post photos of her kid on the internet, and I thought to myself, "yeah she will." It's all very predictable.</strong>

That's fair.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b67ae4b-5942-49f6-b5db-6ef0efb4e236Post:e9a29b16-4d61-4865-9813-db4c1945bde9">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Ditto this.  How does one become less  saccharine?

Stop giving a shiit when people call you saccharine. That could work.

Also, I feel like this came out bitchier than I meant it. So here's a disclaimer. This wasn't supposed to be bitchy.
    edited December 2011
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4b67ae4b-5942-49f6-b5db-6ef0efb4e236Post:909db522-df5e-4029-8213-15a95df27651">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I don't. I don't think I could if I tried. ETA: And Celles, I won't :-)

Then why ask?  Like Anna, I don't mean this to come across as bitchy, I just don't get it I guess.</div>

• Celles, FWIW, with the Eagles going into that thread yesterday thing; I read the initial bringing up of the food swap situation the same way Eagles did - as "bait" for lack of a better word, to bring me in and rehash the situation. Especially since it STILL is coming off like I brought myself into it. I would not have said anything had my name not been brought up. Then I overreacted. I won't deny that I Over reacted, but I will say that when I read that thread initially (way after the fact) I did read the initial "remember the food swap debacle" "oh! Where LDY cried?" "I DIDN'T SAY THAT!" as bait to bring me into the thread and get upset and rehash the issue...again. Eagles calls it like she sees it. I dig that about her. And I appreciated the back up since I wasn't there. In saying this now bc I won't have time to respond...I'm getting on a plane. I just wanted to say that in defense of Eagles. Merry Christmas, y'all!
  • Merry Christmas LDY! Safe travels!
  • I GET TO LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas y'all!
  • Merry Christmas Midge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards