Snarky Brides
Options

Ever think before insulting someone?

Re: Ever think before insulting someone?

• Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? Example:  Husband is "quick" to complain about something but  is "slow" to give praise for a clean house or nice meal. Posted by PeonyPrincesskdd[/QUOTE]

Why do you need to be praised for that? Are you a Golden Retriever?

You have issues, princess.
  • Options
    I didn't bash anyone. 

Calling someone selfish is far from what I've read on these boards.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:1b2bb8d2-ba9b-498e-ba91-f4c49fae6539">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Says the chick with "princess" in her name. You're the one who tried to call out some chick from GIS earlier, Pot.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

My name is Princess for my Daughter,,,

Kaylee Dorothy
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:0803e0cc-e9ad-4021-928f-c06f17c9b2b6">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't bash anyone.  Calling someone selfish is far from what I've read on these boards.
    Posted by PeonyPrincesskdd[/QUOTE]

You brought it here in hopes that we would bash it, which makes you even worse IMO.  You knew posting that link over here was like throwing the girl to the lions and you were hoping for a bloodbath.  You don't have the balls to just say what you want to say so you wait for other people to say it for you.  It's pathetic. 
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:ee1a0fe6-831b-4b61-ada0-b0baf72fee73">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why do you need to be praised for that? Are you a Golden Retriever? You have issues, princess.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

And I wasn't talking about me.  That was a hyothetical example.  Everyone is quick to say something mean or rude to someone but not quick to say something nice about someone. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:c62d413d-0167-46d9-9b2a-6d77a917134f">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : Who is claiming this as a sig quote?
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

Me. I want it
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing, but I couldn't care less why your name is princess.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:109cfe14-668e-44ee-9406-411c256dc924">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : You brought it here in hopes that we would bash it, which makes you even worse IMO.  You knew posting that link over here was like throwing the girl to the lions and you were hoping for a bloodbath.  You don't have the balls to just say what you want to say so you wait for other people to say it for you.  It's pathetic. 
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

I was the first one to respond to that girl and tell her how I felt about cutting all the "and guests" including those in relationships. 

So don't tell me I didn't have the balls to say something to her
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:4ff93919-04c5-4f2b-a471-2ba9e0e035e9">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : Me. I want it
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Get it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Got it. I needed a quote. It has been a while since I had a good one.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:0803e0cc-e9ad-4021-928f-c06f17c9b2b6">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't bash anyone.  Calling someone selfish is far from what I've read on these boards.

Actually, name calling is the only mean thing I have seen here and you were the only one to do it. 

These boards tend to say an<em> <strong>action or a behavior</strong></em> is selfish (or stupid or lame or tacky or whatever) but never really call that <em><strong>person</strong></em> the name.  There is a difference that you do not seem to grasp. 

I may say your attitude about this whole topic is childish.  But would not call you childish.  See the difference?
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    LabrnrLabrnr member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:4afd20a9-032c-4885-a382-715a08133926">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i will be your internet friend mirs D.
    Posted by FutureMrsTayPrince[/QUOTE]

I take it the Fairy Moderator couldn't grant your wish and delete your account?
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Did everyone eat crazy for lunch? WTF
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:3a4501e4-241f-42b4-9896-e04cc8fb853b">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : I was the first one to respond to that girl and tell her how I felt about cutting all the "and guests" including those in relationships.  So don't tell me I didn't have the balls to say something to her

Um, did you call her selfish in your reponse? All I saw was a jumbled up mess of Miss Manner references.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:3a4501e4-241f-42b4-9896-e04cc8fb853b">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : I was the first one to respond to that girl and tell her how I felt about cutting all the "and guests" including those in relationships.  So don't tell me I didn't have the balls to say something to her

All the reason why you shouldn't have reposted it onto another board.  I agree with betrothed, you were wanting the SBs to jump on her and join you.  So don't pretend to be all sunshine and rainbows.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

When the responses over there weren't mean enough to her you tried to link it over here.  Seriously, how are you not understanding this?  You're a hypocrite.  You attempted to do to her exactly what you're condemning here.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:db1c2187-57b3-4372-a740-759815c72451">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did everyone eat crazy for lunch? WTF
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

With a side of mashed potatoes.  It was delicious.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    What I meant by what I've seen was actual name calling like "your a moron:.. or your stupid.. or other comments that be-little the OP .. I've seen lots of comments on theses boards and lots of attacks.  Maybe I didn't write it the correct way.. I probably meant to say her actions were selfish not her.  Or what she was doing was selfish.. but whatever, I've seen worse.  That is all.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:1444ae0e-7d82-42ef-a971-0487a09e9f40">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What I meant by what I've seen was actual name calling like "your a moron:.. or your stupid.. or other comments that be-little the OP .. I've seen lots of comments on theses boards and lots of attacks.  Maybe I didn't write it the correct way.. I probably meant to say her actions were selfish not her.  Or what she was doing was selfish.. but whatever, I've seen worse.  That is all.

And I agree, but you can't come on here and tried to be all Captain Saves the Day when just an hour ago you created a post just so that you could watch a girl get her ass handed to her (which didn't happen). How can you not see that?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:41e1cf79-803b-45fa-972e-909fa8d17dcd">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : And I agree, but you can't come on here and tried to be all <strong><u>Captain Saves the Day</u></strong> when just an hour ago you created a post just so that you could watch a girl get her ass handed to her (which didn't happen). How can you not see that?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I was REALLY hoping you were gonna say Captain Save a Ho.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:1444ae0e-7d82-42ef-a971-0487a09e9f40">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What I meant by what I've seen was actual name calling like "your a moron:.. or your stupid.. or other comments that be-little the OP .. I've seen lots of comments on theses boards and lots of attacks.  Maybe I didn't write it the correct way..<strong> I probably meant to say her actions were selfish not her.</strong>  Or what she was doing was selfish.. but whatever, I've seen worse.  That is all.

It's awesome that you don't even know what you're trying to say.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:08b5ac3f-dfe8-4915-9830-f77062da5ca5">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : Actually, name calling is the only mean thing I have seen here and you were the only one to do it.  These boards tend to say an action or a behavior is selfish (or stupid or lame or tacky or whatever) <strong>but never really call that person the name.</strong>  There is a difference that you do not seem to grasp.  I may say your attitude about this whole topic is childish.  But would not call you childish.  See the difference?
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Opps, I called the <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_second-year-row-wedding-scheduled-day-before-birthday?plckShowLatestPost=1">chick</a> on E with the birthday stealing relatives a selfish attention whore. Guess I should go back and apologize.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:a22ad788-ea8d-4965-958b-47d1fc500b6d">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : Opps, I called the chick on E with the birthday stealing relatives a selfish attention whore. Guess I should go back and apologize.
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Nah, its only apology worthy if you call her a <em>dirty</em> whore.  Attention whore is perfectly acceptable IMO :p
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Blah blah blah, Is this worth me reading?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:4322f7bf-89b6-4d4e-af5e-1601f0c06ade">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blah blah blah, Is this worth me reading?
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

No.  Not at all.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:d39428d7-b0c3-4bcc-97e5-9e261acda50f">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]the just engaged board has puppies and rainbows. come visit us over there!
    Posted by SarahSmile23[/QUOTE]
    Your new mod name should be Saint Sarah Smile.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:8f4edc1c-d7db-493c-a650-09462ae6b450">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : Your new mod name should be Saint Sarah Smile.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!! I dunno, I kinda liked the "Your Highness" that was directed at me on E last week.

But seriously. JE = rainbows. SB = by definition, brides that are snarky. Come play in our rainbows on JE!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:41e1cf79-803b-45fa-972e-909fa8d17dcd">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : And I agree, but you can't come on here and tried to be all Captain Saves the Day when just an hour ago you created a post just so that you could watch a girl get her ass handed to her (which didn't happen). How can you not see that?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Are you that dumb?? I re-posted on here because I thought this might be a more appropriate place.  You are aware OP posted on the "Getting in Shape" thread.  You are aware that what she posted had nothing do with getting in shape, right??

I did what others do.  I simply moved the post in a board where I felt it was appropriate.  On this board there are posts of all topics/ of all sorts.. and her post fits in here more so than "getting in shape"

It's my opinion that it didn't belong there and it did belong here.  I am allowed to have opinions.. that is what all you guys say right?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-think-before-insulting-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a307312b-f584-4636-9e87-d9dd14381eccPost:f37a377b-9f39-44a0-b20e-4494f6475947">Re: Ever think before insulting someone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever think before insulting someone? : Are you that dumb?? I re-posted on here because I thought this might be a more appropriate place.  You are aware OP posted on the "Getting in Shape" thread.  You are aware that what she posted had nothing do with getting in shape, right?? I did what others do.  I simply moved the post in a board where I felt it was appropriate.  On this board there are posts of all topics/ of all sorts.. and her post fits in here more so than "getting in shape" It's my opinion that it didn't belong there and it did belong here.  I am allowed to have opinions.. that is what all you guys say right?
    You didn't <strong>move </strong>anything.  You simply brought our attention to it.  You do not have the power to move someone else's post.  So now it's still over there and your post calling attention to it is over here, so it is now in 2 places.  Bringing attention to it here did not remove it from GIS.  All it could have possibly done is gotten the post repeatedly bumped to the top of the GIS board.

Why is it so hard for you to admit what you were doing?  You were trying to throw her under the bus.  You wanted to sit back and watch the mean girls go after her.  Are you refusing to admit it just because you failed miserably?

I really need to stop trying to reason with bricks.  They just can't grasp logic.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    omg are you serious?? You are only thinking I would do that because that is something YOU would do.. seriously, get over yourself.  Stop trying to prove that other people are as cruel as you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards