Snarky Brides
Options

Good Evening!

Re: Good Evening!

• Options
    The story didn't real add up for me, but would someone really make that up?
  • Options
    Oooh Anna. I've been really wanting to paint lately too, we should have another post your art thread here in a month or so =P

I'm just making ramen, watching TV, hanging out.
  • Options
    Sb- I didnt get the results back yet.

Here is my bouquet.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:4adeff79-1ca7-4908-93c7-dccb2ac98a4c">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : Kinda a little. Green onions are basically young onions that you pick before they start bulbing. Chives you dont pull out of the ground, you just eat the tops (which is like the green part of a green onion). Thats the difference.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Thanks, either way I like them. And I'm willing to get all lactarded by eating chive cheese on an Everything Bagel. Mmm.
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:09f04356-65e8-4737-8482-18d40d16b7e9">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The story didn't real add up for me, but would someone really make that up?
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think it was made up.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: or the true story went like this -</div><div>
    </div><div>She saw a kid run kind of close to the street without a parent nearby. Some sketchy mother figure walks out to the road area and picks the kid up. She calls the cops. End of story.</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:7bebdb79-b4e7-48df-ac93-f5126fb9b50b">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : That makes it fun. I love a day away from the "office." If you don't mind me asking, what's the topic?
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]

Emotional regulation in children with AD/HD, Autism, and sensory disorders!

I have a glass full of green onions growing on my kitchen counter.  Ever since I found out you can put the white parts in a glass of water and they just keep growing, I haven't bought any.  I love it.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Oooh Blue that's really pretty. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my to-read-2012 shelf:
    Leah's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read-2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:9a22948e-4073-4577-8764-83399f53f6d2">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sb- I didnt get the results back yet. Here is my bouquet.  
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    Well good luck with the results.
    And I'm really fucking jealous of your bouquet right now. I loved mine, and never thought to do anything like that. It looks amazing. It's with your invite, right?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:966eb74a-e523-4c8f-be23-6c905c7aac3f">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oooh Anna. I've been really wanting to paint lately too, we should have another post your art thread here in a month or so =P I'm just making ramen, watching TV, hanging out.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

That'd be fun!  I usually don't like most of what I do for class (stupid timelines and project perameters)  But I did like the last one I did.   I'm working on a 7 piece series (36x24) that will be done in about a month
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:40041bd3-7409-4a43-b814-34979fd27832">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : I think it was made up.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]
    Ok good.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:5a20dac4-13df-4dba-8150-9a9d8c89fff8">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : Thanks, either way I like them. And I'm willing to get all lactarded by eating chive cheese on an Everything Bagel. Mmm.
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]
    I dont know if you get it there but 1 container of imperial cheese (its like a little tub of soft cheddar cheese), 1 small container of sour cream, a shitton of green onions --- best dip EVER!! warm it up a bit and ZOMFG.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:68ffcfcf-67f0-4515-880c-f97631a147e9">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : Well good luck with the results. And I'm really fucking jealous of your bouquet right now. I loved mine, and never thought to do anything like that. It looks amazing. It's with your invite, right?
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with the invite and H's bout.  Im glad we did it too.  It was expensive so I was weary about it.  My mother really wanted me to.  My sister had done it (with a pic of them) and it looked great, so I figured why not.

Now to figure out where the hell to put it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:ef3ef087-17f0-42d0-8045-68f95a5c2346">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : Emotional regulation in children with AD/HD, Autism, and sensory disorders! I have a glass full of green onions growing on my kitchen counter.  Ever since I found out you can put the white parts in a glass of water and they just keep growing, I haven't bought any.  I love it.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

That is a great topic. I used to teach an Autism classroom. Emotional regulation is definitely the most important factor to getting the learning in!
    Ooo that's such a good idea. I'm sure that it's not the most novel idea, but I think you just made my month.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:a2c9df81-16d9-4e08-b66c-d7491823a6f7">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : I dont know if you get it there but 1 container of imperial cheese (its like a little tub of soft cheddar cheese), 1 small container of sour cream, a shitton of green onions --- best dip EVER!! warm it up a bit and ZOMFG.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I've never seen it, but now I'm going to look. I'm going to take 3 lactaid pills and fucking party with that one. That sounds amazing. Do you use tortilla chips for the dipping?
  • Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    It's an awesome topic.  And I have several kids with an ASD or PDD, and the rest have an AD/HD diagnosis except for a couple, so it should be perfect.

And the onions work great in a glass.  I change the water daily, and just make sure you don't cut down too far.  I've done that, and they die pretty quickly.  But if you keep a couple inches past the little bulb (so like right below where the green ends) they grow really well!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:d1f0428d-0c6a-4c29-a2c2-602cbb3c2396">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : Yeah, with the invite and H's bout.  Im glad we did it too.  It was expensive so I was weary about it.  My mother really wanted me to.  My sister had done it (with a pic of them) and it looked great, so I figured why not. Now to figure out where the hell to put it.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I say what you paid is worth it, because you're glad you did it and it looks beyond amazing.
    My MOH gave us a beautiful matted, embellished and framed "piece of art" featuring our invitation. We have it on our foyer table next to dried lavender and an 8x10 framed professional pic.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:b114e919-7b17-462e-a997-0f78933044a7">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : I've never seen it, but now I'm going to look. I'm going to take 3 lactaid pills and fucking party with that one. That sounds amazing. Do you use tortilla chips for the dipping?
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]
    Anything, crackers, bread, tortilla chips, whatever. Its all just a vehicle to get that delicious dip into your mouth.
  • Options
    I might put it in the dining room, it kind of matches the decor.  Either that or one of the spare rooms.  Or the closet.  Whatever works.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:37d12c2a-6b23-4d16-a4ed-f8e3bddc9198">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's an awesome topic.  And I have several kids with an ASD or PDD, and the rest have an AD/HD diagnosis except for a couple, so it should be perfect. And the onions work great in a glass.  I change the water daily, and just make sure you don't cut down too far.  I've done that, and they die pretty quickly.  But if you keep a couple inches past the little bulb (so like right below where the green ends) they grow really well!
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yep, I've been growing mine for quite some time. They look very cool. Today I got home from work and the kitchen smelled very faintly of green onions.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:37d12c2a-6b23-4d16-a4ed-f8e3bddc9198">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's an awesome topic.  And I have several kids with an ASD or PDD, and the rest have an AD/HD diagnosis except for a couple, so it should be perfect. And the onions work great in a glass.  I change the water daily, and just make sure you don't cut down too far.  I've done that, and they die pretty quickly.  But if you keep a couple inches past the little bulb (so like right below where the green ends) they grow really well!
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the tips!
    I remember that I used to roll one of my students up in a therapy mat and sit on it. My H, then BF, thought that it was the weirdest thing ever. Another student had a "scrunchie" made of synthetic hair that he would keep around his wrist. So many people really don't understand how serious sensory disorders are and how calming certain devices and techniques can be!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:a652f2ab-c864-4860-b445-2e8fbdb72895">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : Anything, crackers, bread, tortilla chips, whatever. Its all just a vehicle to get that delicious dip into your mouth.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    SO you're saying I should just you a wooden sppon? ;)
    ETA: spoon
  • Options
    hey ladies. CCF, didn't you already 'introduce' yourself in another night thread? what's changed? can I be a Debbie Downer for a minute? my grandparents called for my birthday. I usually talk to my grandma every few weeks, but I talked to my grandpa tonight. he sounded so... old. Like just not with it. it totally me off guard, and I'm all upset now.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday, Steph.
    :( Sorry you had a hard time on the phone. But, it is late, so maybe he's just extra tired. I always remind my H about that when he calls his grandparents at night. He gets ultra paranoid, and realizes they sound way "perkier" in the morning.
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:cd957150-c66f-4675-a98a-78327b7585da">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]hey ladies. CCF, didn't you already 'introduce' yourself in another night thread? what's changed? can I be a Debbie Downer for a minute? my grandparents called for my birthday. I usually talk to my grandma every few weeks, but I talked to my grandpa tonight. he sounded so... old. Like just not with it. it totally me off guard, and I'm all upset now.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Aw Steph, I completely understand. I visited my 95 year old grandpa a few weeks ago and his dimensia is awful. He didn't even recognize my dad. Is your grandad's hearing bad? Sometimes that affects phone conversations.

</div>
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    edited March 2012
    Aww steph :( thats not easy, hearing or seeing your grandparents like that. I know what its like.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:cd957150-c66f-4675-a98a-78327b7585da">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]hey ladies. <strong>CCF, didn't you already 'introduce' yourself in another night thread? what's changed?</strong> can I be a Debbie Downer for a minute? my grandparents called for my birthday. I usually talk to my grandma every few weeks, but I talked to my grandpa tonight. he sounded so... old. Like just not with it. it totally me off guard, and I'm all upset now.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, since no one but Edie even acknowledged my existence, I thought I'd let people know (again) that it was me. </div><div>
    </div><div>And do you mean what's changed in general? Or since last week? Because I didn't say a lot had changed since the last time I posted, I said the last time I posted regularly (as CCF).</div>
    my to-read-2012 shelf:
    Leah's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read-2012 shelf)
  • Options
    and I see we've moved on. just ignore me. ;)
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:00320894-5d7e-4c71-a41c-762b13ec0c6e">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : <strong>Well, since no one but Edie even acknowledged my existence</strong>, I thought I'd let people know (again) that it was me.  And do you mean what's changed in general? Or since last week? Because I didn't say a lot had changed since the last time I posted, I said the last time I posted regularly (as CCF).
    Posted by LeahMB+[/QUOTE]
    You poor passive agressive dear!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Steph! I didn't know. 

And I'm sorry about your grandpa. That's got to be really tough. 
    my to-read-2012 shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-evening-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcdeffe4-5c46-47b8-9fe5-37ad647a59bfPost:57d0e5fd-babe-442f-b0fc-b339f0417436">Re: Good Evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening! : Thanks for the tips! I remember that I used to roll one of my students up in a therapy mat and sit on it. My H, then BF, thought that it was the weirdest thing ever. Another student had a "scrunchie" made of synthetic hair that he would keep around his wrist. So many people really don't understand how serious sensory disorders are and how calming certain devices and techniques can be!
    Posted by sb9411[/QUOTE]

I had one little boy who would only calm from a major over-stim if you forced his hands into a bucket of shaving cream.  It's really interesting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards