Wedding Etiquette Forum

Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!

Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_idol-anyone-anything-nwr-talk-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f16793bd-42c2-4e63-bc18-b4b95e33a2dcPost:f5c82a08-7081-4a67-baef-6ba0ce09f2e3">Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Musical, are you me today?  I am just sitting here saying "this exactly!" to everything you wrote.  So ya, consider my thoughts to be the exact same as hers.  Who's creepy now?
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

CREEPO. Haha just kidding. :) Can I haz your hair if you haz my thoughts? ;)
  • Stacks is she going with you, or just going to the same parade?  I would "forget" my phone so she can't find you.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_idol-anyone-anything-nwr-talk-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f16793bd-42c2-4e63-bc18-b4b95e33a2dcPost:254ea1ba-f0f3-44e9-be59-6efc2e6c9cc3">Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?! : CREEPO. Haha just kidding. :) Can I haz your hair if you haz my thoughts? ;)
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Umm, I kinda need it this month, but you can haz it after. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Canka you say? I will have to look for some when I am out and about, otherwise I might have to stick to the salt water routine. Unfortunately I'm currently at FIL's house because we are moving this weekend and FIL's house is kinda close to our new place, plus we are borrowing their trailer & truck to move stuff. We are staying here til Saturday (and driving into work with FFIL, which works very nicely), so I'm right in the middle of the country right now. No CVS in sight. :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_idol-anyone-anything-nwr-talk-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f16793bd-42c2-4e63-bc18-b4b95e33a2dcPost:313c61d5-7afc-4504-81b8-78a0dc33612f">Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?! : Umm, I kinda need it this month, but you can haz it after. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

Ok sounds like a deal. Even though I may or may not look ridiculous with blonde hair.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_idol-anyone-anything-nwr-talk-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f16793bd-42c2-4e63-bc18-b4b95e33a2dcPost:ce32ba79-07ea-4bdf-8069-acb54fcd2cb0">Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I had no interest since I pretty much hate Jlo. When I went to yahoo to see the news it looked like she performed last night on Idol? And I can swear I saw her perform another time this season. She just seems like such an AW to me. :/
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

<div>Steven Tyler performed Dream On last night also.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_idol-anyone-anything-nwr-talk-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f16793bd-42c2-4e63-bc18-b4b95e33a2dcPost:a565712c-4a10-46c6-ac06-9c5ec23c384e">Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stacks is she going with you, or just going to the same parade?  I would "forget" my phone so she can't find you.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

The parade is in my moms little town that's an hour away from my sister and I.  So we'll be going together (not driving together thank goodness), but we'll both be visiting my mom.  She doesn't drive so that means her little boyfriend will be there too.  I almost told them both about themselves when we went to Chicago for Thanksgiving, oh yea, and when they showed up to her sons baptism on a Sunday morning smelling like a fresh liquor factory.  They're trash.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_idol-anyone-anything-nwr-talk-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f16793bd-42c2-4e63-bc18-b4b95e33a2dcPost:9cae8a66-c6ae-4524-ab4c-0283bed88784">Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?! : the one with alyssa milano?  Fear?
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

No.  The one with Jennifer Aniston where he's a rock star.  It might be called Rock Star.  For a crappy movie, I liked it way more than I should have. 
  • Stacks, they just sound extremely Klassy.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_idol-anyone-anything-nwr-talk-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f16793bd-42c2-4e63-bc18-b4b95e33a2dcPost:ec1c4709-8200-42d7-8752-1c69e925e24b">Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?! : The parade is in my moms little town that's an hour away from my sister and I.  So we'll be going together (not driving together thank goodness), but we'll both be visiting my mom.  She doesn't drive so that means her little boyfriend will be there too.  I almost told them both about themselves when we went to Chicago for Thanksgiving, oh yea, and when they showed up to her sons baptism on a Sunday morning smelling like a fresh liquor factory.  They're trash.
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

You need to take out the almost and tell her about herself. Mm hmm.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_idol-anyone-anything-nwr-talk-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f16793bd-42c2-4e63-bc18-b4b95e33a2dcPost:a04b4260-8e36-4f35-a50d-65dc6d6d101f">Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?! : No.  The one with Jennifer Aniston where he's a rock star.  It might be called Rock Star.  For a crappy movie, I liked it way more than I should have. 
    Posted by The Mel and Todd Show[/QUOTE]
    haha ok, i was thinking more along the creepy lines, so that was the first one I thought of :)
    Photobucket
  • I am so ridiculously ready for a nap right now, and my work day hasn't even started yet.  I hate that I can't fall back asleep after H leaves at the butt crack of dawn.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I really don't like being "home" sick when I'm not at home. Being here with FMIL while she does housework makes me feel like I'm just being lazy even though I feel like crap.
  • Back to Idol for a second, I am watching the news and they just did a clip of last night and showed a Scotty interview and he said "he was happy either way because him and Lauren are great friends and he plans to work with her a lot in the future."  So maybe I just read way too much into what I saw/heard last night.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Ummmm, yea.  Telling her about herself only leads to tears and her playing victim.  It's worthless.  She's 35 years old, if she hasn't figured it out by now, well then she's not going to. 

The thing that makes me really annoyed is all her little FB posts like, "got to watch the grandkid today, she's so great I love her, blahblahblahblah".  Ok.  First off, it's your boyfriends 16 year old daughters baby.  THE KID IS OF NO RELATION TO YOU.  And why the f*ck don't you try acting like that towards your son like ONCE!  He's 17 and calls you by your first name b/c you suck. 

Oh - and over Thanksgiving weekend here's what went down when talking about the upcoming CHristmas:

Bad Sister:  "Do the sisters want to agree on a limit for one another"

Me and My good sister: "ummmm, no, really we're worried about Jonathan (bad sisters kid) and making sure he gets some nice things, we don't think the sisters should exchange gifts, worry about the kids"

Bad sisters boyfriend:  "Jonathan has so much stuff, I think he'll be ok"

Say what now?  I had to walk away.

Then 2 weeks later my mom asks bad sister for some money (my mom raises bad sisters son).  She's says, "Mom, I'm sorry I can't.  Boyfriend has to pay his child support so I need to pay his bills". 
  • Sorry Mel, I hope we can still be friends. :(
  • Mel, it was Rock Star.

I won't watch idol anymore after this season. Scotty and Lauren should not have been in the final 2, and Scotty definitely shouldn't have won. I knew she would lose though because they have been pimping her out as "the one" since the beginning. They did the same with Lambert, and he also got second to a less-than-mediocre Kris Allen. So yeah. Idol is just pointless now.
  • Stacks I think you have every right to be so mad and pissed off at her.  I was hoping she was like 21, not 35.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • She sounds like a peach, Stacks.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    Oh man Stacks, that sucks. I wouldn't want to go to hang out with here if I were you either.
  • They sound just lovely stacks.

On another note, my little toe hurts. H left his shoes in the middle of the room so when I turned the corner somehow my little toe got hooked in his shoe and got hurt somehow. I do not know how it happened. But it hurts.
  • My mom just said that she hasn't told my sister that there is nowhere to park and that traffic coming into town the entire hour before the parade is h*llish.  She said her and Jon decide to let them figure it out since they know it all.  bwahaha.  I love my mom. 
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_idol-anyone-anything-nwr-talk-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f16793bd-42c2-4e63-bc18-b4b95e33a2dcPost:633a435e-5029-4487-b9b3-85c7c89cda6a">Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also I am so obsessed with SYTYCD that I have previously made lists of my top 25 favorite dances of all time on that show because I am that much of a nerd. I'm cool I know.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    I simply must know what these are.

My favorites, off the top of my head:

Night of the Dancing Flame - Lauren and Neil (my favorite of all time)
    Black Mambo - Benji and Heidi
    Ramalama
    Danny/Anya Jive
    Hummingbird
    Bench
    Danny's solo
    Pas de Deux - Melissa and Ade
    Alex and Allison contemporary
    Alex and Twitch hip hop
    Tango - Jeannine and Brandon
    Transformers hip hop

Again, off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing some. My most loathed contestant of all time: Kherington. Couldn't stand anything about her. She sucked.
  • I'm working on the list, hold on! I have to go back and find it first ;)
  • ooh, good list Daff! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kherington is on a reality show on E! with Laurie Ann Gibson about Laurie's dance company. They're both just as horrible as always.

Stacks, WHY would you say you had a grandkid when you're 35?!! Oh. Em. Gee. I feel bad for Jonathan. :/
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_idol-anyone-anything-nwr-talk-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f16793bd-42c2-4e63-bc18-b4b95e33a2dcPost:2dd40017-1529-40b6-b9ca-66548029c9af">Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?! : I simply must know what these are. My favorites, off the top of my head: Night of the Dancing Flame - Lauren and Neil (my favorite of all time) Black Mambo - Benji and Heidi Ramalama Danny/Anya Jive Hummingbird Bench Danny's solo Pas de Deux - Melissa and Ade Alex and Allison contemporary Alex and Twitch hip hop Tango - Jeannine and Brandon Transformers hip hop Again, off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing some. My most loathed contestant of all time: Kherington. Couldn't stand anything about her. She sucked.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

Haha well keep in mind I made this list before last season so I didn't include any of those. ALSO, I didn't even know the show existed until season 3. :( Here is my list as of Dec 2009:

Lauren & Neil Season 3 Contemporary- Let the Drummer Kick
    Sara and Jesus Season 3 Pop Jazz- That one song from Triplets of Belleville
    Sabra and Neil Season 3 Jazz- Sweet Dreams (with the table)
    Jamie and Hok Season 3 Jazz - The Hummingbird
    Janette and Brandon Season 5 - Argentine Tango
    Noelle and Russell Season 6 Contemporary --The Painter
    Danny and Neil Season 3 Contemporary-- The Two Princes
    Jeanine and Jason Season 5 Contemporary-- the Locket dance
    Janette and Brandon Season 5 Disco
    Kayla and Kupono Season 5 Contemporary-- Eyes on Fire (Sonya Tayeh)
    Katee and Joshua Season 4 Hip Hop- No Air
    Jeanine and Kayla Season 5 Contemporary-- Finale Girls dance
    Kayla and Kupono Season 5 Contemporary- The Addiction dance
    Courtney and Mark Season 4 Jazz- The Garden
    Kathryn and Jakob Season 6 Contemporary--At This Moment
    Chelsie and Gev Season 4 Contemporary-- These Arms of Mine
    Lacey and Danny Season 3 Samba
    Janette and Brandon Season 5 Jazz-Ruby Blue/Robbers dance
    Ellenore and Jakob Season 6 Contemporary- Tore my Heart
    Katee and Joshua Season 4 Contemporary- Slow Dancing in a burning room

OK SO THAT TOOK FOREVER. but yeah. :) I'd probably add more now that Season 7 has long since past.
  • I should add the list is in order to have my #1 (katee and joshua) at the bottom. And I guess it was only a top 20, my bad.
  • I am having the hardest time finding this dance that I absolutely love. I can't remember which season but it's been a few years. They're both wearing black and it's a really powerful dance. I think it starts fake raining at the end?
  • I love all things Mark Kanemura. He's the reason I love Gaga videos and live performances.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards