Snarky Brides
Options

No links attached! Where is everyone?

Re: No links attached! Where is everyone?

• Options
    Nebb, I freaking love cauliflower, this has been a recipe I've been using quite a bit lately, and it's freaking delish! Sometimes I leave the bacon out and it's still good. 

Cauliflower with Pine Nuts and Bacon Recipe

·         Cook time: 25 minutes

INGREDIENTS

·         1 cauliflower head, cut into florets

·         1/4 cup pine nuts

·         1/4 pound bacon or pancetta, cut into batons

·         4-5 garlic cloves, sliced thin

·         1-2 teaspoons dried oregano

·         1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes

·         Salt and black pepper to taste

·         Lemon juice to taste

METHOD

1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the cauliflower for

5 minutes. Drain and set aside.

2 While the water is heating, toast the pine nuts in a dry sauté pan until lightly browned. Keep an eye on them, as pine nuts go from toasted to burnt quickly. Set the pine nuts aside when they are toasted.

3 Add the bacon to the pan and fry gently over medium heat until crispy.

Remove the bacon and set aside with the pine nuts. Sauté the garlic for 1 minute on medium-high heat, then add the cauliflower, pine nuts, bacon, oregano and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Do not let the garlic burn.

4 Turn off the heat and add salt and lemon juice to taste.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    10 more minutes and I go get my hair did, so I can be pretty for Saturday. Maybe, I'll get a pedi as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Happy anniversary KD!  And Kong makes dog beds?  I had no idea. 

LHT, that's awesome!  You'll break the chain of bitchiness. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_no-links-attached-where-is-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:68f3df81-dba0-419b-a479-354af13d083aPost:11a03f0d-4517-47a4-9a3c-c23db7f70dc4">Re: No links attached! Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No links attached! Where is everyone? : Not yet. Schools are September to the end of June here.  Actually, this year is the earliest dismissal, on June 26th.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

That's how it was in Virginia but the kids here got out today.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to Re:No links attached! Where is everyone?:[QUOTE]Nebb, I freaking love cauliflower, this has been a recipe I've been using quite a bit lately, and it's freaking delish! Sometimes I leave the bacon out and it's still good.nbsp;Cauliflower with Pine Nuts and Bacon Recipe middot;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp; Cook time: 25 minutes INGREDIENTS middot;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp; 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets middot;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp; 1/4 cup pine nuts middot; nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;1/4 pound bacon or pancetta, cut into batons middot;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp; 45 garlic cloves, sliced thin middot;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp; 12 teaspoons dried oregano middot;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp; 12 teaspoons red pepper flakes middot;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp; Salt and black pepper to taste middot;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;nbsp; Lemon juice to taste METHOD 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the cauliflower for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. 2 While the water is heating, toast the pine nuts in a dry sauteacute; pan until lightly browned. Keep an eye on them, as pine nuts go from toasted to burnt quickly. Set the pine nuts aside when they are toasted. 3 Add the bacon to the pan and fry gently over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside with the pine nuts. Sauteacute; the garlic for 1 minute on mediumhigh heat, then add the cauliflower, pine nuts, bacon, oregano and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine and sauteacute; for 34 minutes, stirring often. Do not let the garlic burn. 4 Turn off the heat and add salt and lemon juice to taste. Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]
    Mmm I'm going to have to try that. We recently started making cauliflower a lot, for some reason we just never ate it but I'm really loving it lately.
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_no-links-attached-where-is-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:68f3df81-dba0-419b-a479-354af13d083aPost:3dc03800-3524-401a-a997-fc4fd0e8ec08">Re: No links attached! Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb, I freaking love cauliflower, this has been a recipe I've been using quite a bit lately, and it's freaking delish! <strong>Sometimes I leave the bacon out and it's still good</strong>.  Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

Blasphemy!  Never leave the bacon out!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Wow, Chels I just checked out you blog. Awesome Job!
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    I like to mix steamed cauliflower into my mashed potatoes, along with cream cheese and butter.

Now I want mashed potatoes.
  • Options
    My tastes have definitely changed over the years, but cauliflower is one thing I just can't get used to. That, and broccoli.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:No links attached! Where is everyone?:[QUOTE]I like to mix steamed cauliflower into my mashed potatoes, along with cream cheese and butter.Now I want mashed potatoes. Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]
    Mmmmmmm!! That sounds freaking good too!
  • Options
    chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_no-links-attached-where-is-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:68f3df81-dba0-419b-a479-354af13d083aPost:c6063859-ca89-46ac-bc41-a1be251b5940">Re: No links attached! Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, Chels I just checked out you blog. Awesome Job!
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    Cauliflower is fo'real one of my favorite foods. I eat at least 2 heads a week. 

Les, I hate leaving the bacon out, but sometimes I feel like I should make an attempt at being somewhat healthy! Oh and I saw your post in the morning thread and giggled, I couldn't reply because I was in stealth mode while my dumbass meeting was going on. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:No links attached! Where is everyone?:[QUOTE]My tastes have definitely changed over the years, but cauliflower is one thing I just can't get used to. That, and broccoli. Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    Broc is one of my faves!! Lately so are brussels sprouts. Omg yum. Steamed but butter? I die.
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    DH won't eat cauliflower or broccoli either.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_no-links-attached-where-is-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:68f3df81-dba0-419b-a479-354af13d083aPost:5d08a23c-01dd-403e-ae04-42b160aa7c23">Re: No links attached! Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No links attached! Where is everyone? : Whoa.  What is that?  This sounds like I need to do some investigating...
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why I cant find it on the petsmart website, but we have 2, the cat took over the other one.
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    Ha.  I was wondering if you saw the moth post.  He fried himself in the burner.
  • Options
    dang, you guys have made me hungry...I'm going home to stuff my face!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm probably going to be trying that cauliflower recipe. FI is pretty good with veggies but he barely eats fruit. 1 week I got him to eat like 1/4 of an apple when I snuck it in a salad and a 1/2 cup of berries when I put it on cake. It's like having a child.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Brussel sprouts, cauliflower and broccoli are all awesome.  And you know what else, they all make you fart a lot.  Which is funny.
    panther
  • Options
    I love the tops of broccoli but not the stems.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am so tired.  I slept like crap last night, then woke up at 5:20ish to and got in about 8 and I'm still not done everything and probably have 2 hours left.  I'm hoping FI will just come and pick me up so I don't have to catch a train around 8... 
  • Options
    In Response to Re:No links attached! Where is everyone?:[QUOTE]Cauliflower is fo'real one of my favorite foods. I eat at least 2 heads a week.nbsp;Les, I hate leaving the bacon out, but sometimes I feel like I should make an attempt at being somewhat healthy! Oh and I saw your post in the morning thread and giggled, I couldn't reply because I was in stealth mode while my dumbass meeting was going on.nbsp; Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

Turkey bacon means you never have to leave the bacon out.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    H loves pretty much every veggi there is so I get all that for him, while I stick with my cucumbers and grapes and ranch. I'm trying to branch out though and force myself to like other stuff. So far I've managed to accept onions and tomatoes (only when cooked though, definitely not raw).

I just found a bag of Blazin Buffalo & Ranch doritos in the pantry that I didn't know was there. Willpower. I need it.
  • Options
    Chels- you do look great.  Congrats on the weight loss.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    I had coconut chips recently and now I'm hooked.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_no-links-attached-where-is-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:68f3df81-dba0-419b-a479-354af13d083aPost:c19c1096-1ecb-4fd7-be55-890bf67abe6a">Re: No links attached! Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had coconut chips recently and now I'm hooked.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    Are they really sweet or do they have salt on them?  I want to try to make those zucchini chips I've seen floating around online.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_no-links-attached-where-is-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:68f3df81-dba0-419b-a479-354af13d083aPost:cdec497c-8062-438c-9581-cc754fedd317">Re: No links attached! Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No links attached! Where is everyone? : Are they really sweet or do they have salt on them?  I want to try to make those zucchini chips I've seen floating around online.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

The ones I have are Danielle (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and they are roasted and baked with both salt <em>and </em>sugar.  Omg.  I DIE.
    panther
  • Options
    I'm still catching up, but check Costco for dog beds too! ours have cedar chips in them.  So not only do they help keep out the puppy smell, they'd be safer if the dogs get into them. (Which they haven't done yet, somehow.)

And, the dogs eat stuffing from the couch once in awhile. It's always passed through fine, thankgod.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_no-links-attached-where-is-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:68f3df81-dba0-419b-a479-354af13d083aPost:ba5d5acf-e504-4b8c-9b9a-21da37ac167c">Re: No links attached! Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just found a bag of Blazin Buffalo & Ranch doritos in the pantry that I didn't know was there. Willpower. I need it.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I hid them there for you. You weren't supposed to find them for another two weeks, though, dammit.

And good evening! Just got home from a consultation with my tattoo artist. She's working on the piece for the inside of my right bicep and I'm really stoked. I think she is, too, she kept saying stuff like "I love that color!" and "I can't wait to do this!". I'm booked for Saturday June 2nd, so with all the stuff I've got coming up (anniversary weekend this weekend, getting promoted on the 1st, tattoo on the 2nd) this next week/week and a half is just going to drag on and on. And on. And on.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    What are you getting Mehg?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards