Snarky Brides
Options

What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?

Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:61787834-b672-46d2-936e-026578a8017b">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Or rather, I live in a state where you are required to have insurance if you can afford to buy it.  If you cant afford it, they provide it for you.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

And that's the only way I could see this whole thing being okay.  But then I'm thinking, who gets to decide if you can afford it or not?  Like, if I had to pick, as a single, healthy person, to skip health insurance in order to live in a better neighborhood for a year until I got a raise or a better job I should have the right to do that without getting fined or whatever.  There are a lot of people in the fine line of making just too much for free health care, but not making enough that the cost of health care wouldn't have potentionally harmful effects on their budget.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:b02f6832-7afa-48e3-ae9b-b014c4e0fa0b">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : Yes. Then they usually send a bill, which doesn't get paid in many cases and it goes to collections, and then it brings down your credit (right?) but someone else (well many someone else's) pays the bill. I know it doesn't work this way, but maybe hospitals should just say 'no.' <strong>I'm heartless, I know.
    </strong>Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Then so am I, because I told Noodle the other day that I don't think anybody over the age of 18 or not in a serious immediate health situation (ie a gunshot wound, a heart attack, etc) should be allowed to go to the ER for treatment and not pay.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:55f5d632-aa67-4a34-b7ef-0b48c601c98f">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : They already have the right to be treated, but they also have the responsiblity to pay for it.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

That's the big difference.
    Sure, they have to treat you. But you have to freaking pay for it.  I mean, most hospitals are willing to work on a payment plan (and often lower the cost considerably.) Some money is better than none in most cases.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:e40049bb-931d-47a3-b53d-38c91481cd6b">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : And that's the only way I could see this whole thing being okay.  But then I'm thinking, who gets to decide if you can afford it or not?  Like, if I had to pick, as a single, healthy person, to skip health insurance in order to live in a better neighborhood for a year until I got a raise or a better job I should have the right to do that without getting fined or whatever.  There are a lot of people in the fine line of making just too much for free health care, but not making enough that the cost of health care wouldn't have potentionally harmful effects on their budget.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

We did it here because there were way to many people living far above the poverty level who went on Mass Health when they could have easily afforded to pay for their own insurance.  We had so many people on it, that the money the feds give each state to help pay for it was in jeapordy, and people who really needed it, were not getting the free care.

Had there not been so many people abusing it, we never would have had to do it.

I guess the fair cut-off would be the same for any other type of govt programs like welfare.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:5ab92506-cc7a-465f-9c6e-22f70f3c01d6">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : Then so am I, because I told Noodle the other day that<strong> I don't think anybody over the age of 18 or not in a serious immediate health situation (ie a gunshot wound, a heart attack, etc) should be allowed to go to the ER for treatment and not pay.</strong>

I'll one-up that. No one, regardless of age, should be allowed to go to the ER for something that is not life-threatening. It's called an EMERGENCY room for a reason.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:a6635476-bd41-4245-90de-1f33516fff32">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : But okay - and I understand this - but if you break your leg and go to the ER, they have to treat you, yes?  They can't just be like "Oh you can't pay, see ya," and send you on your way.  So then who pays?  To me that sort of system says that people do have a right to health care. 
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]<div>Well, and this will make me wound callous so I'm getting ready for the barrage of insults that will invariably follow, but I think it should be up to a doctor whether or not he wants to treat a patient who can't pay.

</div>
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:458060d8-a2f4-42f3-a8da-a29cfe1b35fc">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : That's the big difference. Sure, they have to treat you. But you have to freaking pay for it.  I mean, most hospitals are willing to work on a payment plan (and often lower the cost considerably.) Some money is better than none in most cases.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

And I think the hospitals should have the right to get their money.  Garnish wages or whatever they need to do. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:f0d1a8cc-6bed-4f69-9fc0-a404a2e3cf15">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : Well, and this will make me wound callous so I'm getting ready for the barrage of insults that will invariably follow, but I think it should be up to a doctor whether or not he wants to treat a patient who can't pay.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Doctors spent a lot of their own money and time (years and years) to get the education to be able to treat you. Why should they have to do it for free?? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:5ab92506-cc7a-465f-9c6e-22f70f3c01d6">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : Then so am I, because I told Noodle the other day that I don't think anybody over the age of 18 or not in a serious immediate health situation (ie a gunshot wound, a heart attack, etc) should be allowed to go to the ER for treatment and not pay.
    I agree. Also, I don't think people take the time to use their critical thinking skills and work out a solution with the hospital. I've found that simply asking to set up a payment plan and work out a payment schedule is enough to satisfy the hospital. I've had to do that before and they were more than willing to work with me because it signified to them that I was going to make a valid effort to pay off my bill rather than just let it sit and fester into a giant mess.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:458060d8-a2f4-42f3-a8da-a29cfe1b35fc">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : That's the big difference. Sure, they have to treat you. But you have to freaking pay for it.  I mean, most hospitals are willing to work on a payment plan (and often lower the cost considerably.) Some money is better than none in most cases.

This is a whole 'nother can of worms, and I will freely say that I dont know much about it other than what my extremely biased grandfather has told me, but he says that down in his area of So-Cal there was something like 14 trauma centers and they all went bankrupt because people (or "illegals", according to him) would go in there, get treated and not have to pay for it.  So... wtf?

For the record, I think you definitely SHOULD pay for whatever services you incur at the hospitals, but if my grandpa is right, then that's  not the way it always works?  WTF?
    panther
  • Options
    One thing that none of the legislation addresses, and that hasn't been brought up here, is the actual cost of healthcare itself. I think it's important to consider why it costs a goddamn arm and a leg to say, get stitches. H and I paid, no kidding $1100 for his stitches a few summers ago. One hundred fucking dollars per stitch.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:37c133a4-d7b9-4ca5-911b-0f901361bb8f">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : I'll one-up that. No one, regardless of age, should be allowed to go to the ER for something that is not life-threatening. It's called an EMERGENCY room for a reason.

Eh, see, for me because of the fact that when Peanut was having his seizures my sister had to take him to HCMC because she had no insurance.  I thinks she's up to about 10k in medical bills now and JUST got a job.  But it would be devastating and wrong for my 2 year old nephew to potentially die or suffer from serious damage because his mother is kind of a f*ck-up.  He doesn't have the ability to make the choice and shouldn't be punished for that.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:c120ad67-f39b-4837-b200-2b8fecbf7715">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : By law, they can't say no, unless they want to give up any government funding they receive (including Medicaid and Medicare payments).   Most of the time, these bills get covered by <strong>government funds</strong>.  
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]
    I know it's against the law, I'm just dreaming out loud.

Where do these gov't funds come from? Serious question, I don't know.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:c120ad67-f39b-4837-b200-2b8fecbf7715">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : By law, they can't say no, unless they want to give up any government funding they receive (including Medicaid and Medicare payments).   Most of the time, these bills get covered by government funds.  
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

Do you really think there is no connection between so many people not paying their bills, and insurance policies rising?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:cab32936-469a-400d-bf65-7de571f9358a">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : This is a whole 'nother can of worms, and I will freely say that I dont know much about it other than what my extremely biased grandfather has told me, but he says that down in his area of So-Cal there was something like 14 trauma centers and they all went bankrupt because people (or "illegals", according to him) would go in there, get treated and not have to pay for it.  So... wtf? For the record, I think you definitely SHOULD pay for whatever services you incur at the hospitals, but if my grandpa is right, then that's  not the way it always works?  WTF?
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    It happens all the time. A lot of people that don't have insurance KNOW that the hospital can't refuse to treat them, so they show up with every little ache, pain or common fucking cold, then they don't pay the bill. The tax payers and paying patients end up footing the bill, but in many cases the assholes vs the people that pay don't even out and the hospitals can no longer afford to operate. The hospital in my town is closing for this very reason.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:f0d1a8cc-6bed-4f69-9fc0-a404a2e3cf15">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : Well, and this will make me wound callous so I'm getting ready for the barrage of insults that will invariably follow, but I think it should be up to a doctor whether or not he wants to treat a patient who can't pay.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I 100% agree with you.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:c24fbf92-bb92-4f94-b50d-0ecc1e685a46">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : I know it's against the law, I'm just dreaming out loud. Where do these gov't funds come from? Serious question, I don't know.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Tax dollars?
    panther
  • Options
    As someone whose whole medical education and training took place in southern California, I can confirm what AATB's grandpa said.  There's a huge population of people (not just illegals, normal citizens without insurance too) in CA who go to the ER for emergency or not-so-emergency care and never pay any of their bill.  Those costs are passed on to insurance companies and the government. 

It sucks because I know that those people are not only never going to pay, but also they aren't going to take their medications prescribed to keep them out of the hospital, and they aren't going to find a doctor for preventive health care, so they will continue to bounce in and out of the ER/hospital and run up the tab on the rest of us schmucks who pay for our healthcare.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:c120ad67-f39b-4837-b200-2b8fecbf7715">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : By law, they can't say no, unless they want to give up any government funding they receive (including Medicaid and Medicare payments).   Most of the time, these bills get covered by government funds.  
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

oh good. So now not only am I required to have insurance, but I get to pay for everyone else who wants to cheat the system too? WOOHOO.

So tell me. What's preventing me from just goign to the ER with the name "Jane Doe" every time I need care?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:8e128ae6-25ae-431b-804f-7cdcd0251321">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : Eh, see, for me because of the fact that when Peanut was having his seizures my sister had to take him to HCMC because she had no insurance.  I thinks she's up to about 10k in medical bills now and JUST got a job.  But it would be devastating and wrong for my 2 year old nephew to potentially die or suffer from serious damage because his mother is kind of a f*ck-up.  He doesn't have the ability to make the choice and shouldn't be punished for that.

I would consider a siezure an emergency though.
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:9c0c69c8-3fcf-4211-a333-87701879d299">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]One thing that none of the legislation addresses, and that hasn't been brought up here, is the actual cost of healthcare itself. I think it's important to consider why it costs a goddamn arm and a leg to say, get stitches. H and I paid, no kidding $1100 for his stitches a few summers ago. One hundred fucking dollars per stitch.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]
    Gah.

When I had to go to the ER and had high-deductible insurance (I paid out of pocket for the entire cost, but got a small discount b/c of insurance), I was shocked when I got the bill. Not because of the cost but because of what cost the most. The visit by the doctor actually cost more than 2 sets of xrays and pain meds. WTF? And the sling I had to wear was stupidly expensive. I could have just used a scarf, FFS.
  • Options
    Non-emergency room doctors have the right to refuse care of non-emergencies.  Most clinics I have worked in only take patients with insurance, and many refuse Medicaid.

The problem is that ER doctors must see whomever shows up in the ER, and their hospitals are obligated to admit patients who are seen the ER.  
  • Options
    Baby-to-be so far has cost 'me' (i.e. my insurance) well over $5k already. It was almost $1500 just for a bunch of lab tests. wtf.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:a775f6ab-e98b-4361-917b-143b0a12bda7">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : I would consider a siezure an emergency though.

I totally misread, I missed the "life-threatening" part. 

So I supposed I should cancel my "STEPH WANTS TO KILL BLACK BABIEZ!!11" bumper sticker then, huh.

• Options
    I think I'm slighty jaded too because of stories I've heard.  If people actually only used the ERs for emergencies, I'd be fine with it.

But, there have been MULTIPLE people on my TB board who have gone to the ER, faked 'cramping' or whatever to convince the doctor they needed an u/s. Just because they were 'worried' and 'wanted to see their baby again.' Yes, forreal.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:c158b699-3919-4354-bc99-0ec07d81bb91">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : Not 100% sure about this - but I think there are grants that hospitals can get for uncompensated care or something.  My lecture notes from that week aren't very clear.  Hospitals in typically poorer areas essentially are kept open because of this.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, I should have worded my question better. Where do those funds originate? Where does the gov't get the money? I'm gravitating toward what AATB said, tax dollars.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:495c6e46-cc86-49ad-ab9e-1cc0a4d7796e">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : I totally misread, I missed the "life-threatening" part.  So I supposed I should cancel my "STEPH WANTS TO KILL BLACK BABIEZ!!11" bumper sticker then, huh.

I'M INCUBATING ONE YOU JERK.

well, a fourth of one.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:8fe89d13-7f67-46da-a787-5bf44e87fd33">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Baby-to-be so far has cost 'me' (i.e. my insurance) well over $5k already. It was almost $1500 just for a bunch of lab tests. wtf.

Mixed babies are the most expensive.  There's a lot of sprains and muscle tears when one half of you is trying to keep the other half down. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:50d6eedc-3442-434b-aebc-d73aded7331c">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : Sorry, I should have worded my question better. Where do those funds originate? Where does the gov't get the money? <strong>I'm gravitating toward what AATB said, tax dollars.</strong>
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

duh? Where else does the government get money from? it's all tax money of some sort. Probably from the obscenely high income tax that doctors have to pay. oh, irony.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-do-you-think-is-going-to-happen-with-obamacare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64e8501a-17f1-4590-aedc-fbcbac8d111ePost:30ab7729-bcf0-4169-8a65-9e2466fe24af">Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think is going to happen with Obamacare? : Mixed babies are the most expensive.  There's a lot of sprains and muscle tears when one half of you is trying to keep the other half down. 

aaand I have a new sig quote.

(And I hate sig quotes, for the record.) I really hope people on TB think it's funny too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards