Christian Weddings

Ettiquette Board's Discussion on Divorce

2»

Re: Ettiquette Board's Discussion on Divorce

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_ettiquette-boards-discussion-divorce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:b76852ca-baa2-4ad0-8cf2-fe8e40941a51Post:64a9e436-d15a-4263-a58b-5ac0afca3436">Re: Ettiquette Board's Discussion on Divorce</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think divorce is an option unless there is abuse or cheating - but just because someone cheats on you does not mean you can get a divorce. My dad has cheated on my mom at least twice - and they're still married - but my mom's said if it happens one more time, she will leave. I don't blame her. I know mistakes do happen once. Since the second time it happened was almost 15 years after the first, I'd forgive it too... but seriously, three times? <strong>I wouldn't forgive again.
    </strong>Posted by kalizoomba[/QUOTE]

Matthew 18
    <span class="goog_qs-tidbit goog_qs-tidbit-0"><strong><sup><font size="2">21</font></sup></strong></span><span class="goog_qs-tidbit goog_qs-tidbit-0"> Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”</span> <p> <sup class="versenum"><strong><font size="2">22</font></strong></sup> Jesus answered, <font class="woj">“I tell you, not seven times, but seventy times seven.

I think there's a fine line between purposefully choosing to <u>not</u> forgive someone, and having a marriage that isn't working out because one partner stopped trying. </font></p>
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_ettiquette-boards-discussion-divorce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:b76852ca-baa2-4ad0-8cf2-fe8e40941a51Post:77f577e1-a5e5-4f66-bea6-b0892241b7eb">Re: Ettiquette Board's Discussion on Divorce</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ettiquette Board's Discussion on Divorce : Matthew 18 21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”   22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy times seven. I think there's a fine line between purposefully choosing to not forgive someone, and having a marriage that isn't working out because one partner stopped trying.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

Ditto
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards