Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...

13»

Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...

• edited December 2011

I confess that it really annoys me when the gym class instructors or PTs are not even really in shape and don't look like they're toned.  Should it be a requirement to be doing that line of work that you're in really good shape??

I confess that I'm really really sad that we postponed our engagement shoot.  It was the right thing to do considering we had family to take care of but my friends are posting their pictures of the cherry blossoms on FB when they visited DC this past weekend and they look amazing =/

As for children...although I've never had the baby fever and always told my family that I didn't want kids, I think I would be ok if I were to get pregnant (AFTER the wedding).  If it was really that bad to have kids, then millions of people wouldn't be doing it (and doing it more than once!) 

• Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RA, I feel the same way.  The fact that I don't think I want kids makes me feel a little guilty.  But I'm just so happy with how things are right now.  I enjoy it just being the two of us.  I enjoy having a social life.   I relish in the fact that I don't talk about poop on a daily basis. 

I have three neices and three nephews.  I'm good with that.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011

There is also a very real possibility that we can't have kids, so I feel like part of me has the "nope, don't want kids" gene as a defense mechanism.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Aw- I love my future inlaws. For real. Personal opinion- I don't think anyone is ever really for a baby. Even if you think you are... It's totally different than you'd ever expect. Even if you have nieces/ nephews/ younger siblings. Its a whole other ballpark when they're yours. I always thought I was 100% ready, and then when dd came along, I realized that I'm pretty selfish and jealous. It's hard to work through it (flame away) but I know it's something I have to do because I love her to pieces. ( I say this as I'm laying next to her in the dark next to her pack & play with a lullaby app running on my phone, while knotting. )
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Paprika - I'm glad the visit is going well so far and you're getting along (in love) with your FILs!  That's awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    I confess there is BABY FEVER everywhere. I think DH caught it. I had the kid I watch over and he kept bringing the cat out so she'd get used to kids.
    ILs are dying for grandkids, When BIL moves out they already planned a nursery in his room. They bring up kids everytime I see them. I told DH after hearing how bad he was gowing up our kid better be like me.
    My one friend keeps having dreams that I'm prggers. The ladies at my church ask me all the time.
    I'll admit I have baby fever, but we dont have room in our condo and I don't have a job with maternity leave. Also I'm still young I plan on being at least 25 but DHs friend is due this summer so I know we'll be pressuered hard after that. It would be nice if we had one before BILs wedding in Aug 12 but I know that would be too soon.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    :) I'm so glad. They're awesome. His mom ran outside when we pulled up and gave me a huge hug... They went to build z bear the other day and made FI and I bride & groom bears, and even made dd a bear... They're just super inviting and great to talk to. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Paprika-  I'm glad everything is going well! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY paprika!!!  I'm so glad they are nice and you get along! 
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011

Yay Paprika! I was thinking about you yesterday. Glad it's going so well!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Paprika! It sounds like your future in laws feel the same way about you and DD! Hope your visit continues to go well!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    YAYAYA Peppericka!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that there's no sunshine and therefore I want to lay down and play around on the computer all day and have no motivation to go to work.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Vent: My feet are FREEZING today and it makes me want to be under a blanket. Blah. That is all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY Paprika!!

Drink - My mom always brings up kids even though I tell her everytime that we are waiting 5 years, no exceptions. The annoying part is that my brother and his wife are 28 and 29 and married and she never bugs them about it. Just because I have a good job and am in a good place doesn't mean I should have kids right away. I'm freakin 24.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-open-letter-vent-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:ffef0f57-9a41-4e94-8b77-b8be5feb372ePost:41666a68-4e84-44bc-a223-df808da6e631">Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is also a very real possibility that we can't have kids, so I feel like part of me has the "nope, don't want kids" gene as a defense mechanism.
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

This is me exactly!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear TOM,
    Thanks for making an appearance assuring me there's no bun in the oven, now GO AWAY!

Love,
    Me
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Wednesday,

Eff you. That is all.

<3 the gal having the miserable afternoon....
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Vent: FI never takes a hint ever. Its annoying...

Confession: After my morning post I slept until 1pm.  My work week starts tomorrow and I wont be able to sleep until possibly Tuesday.  I have to stock up on sleep hours while I can

image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • edited December 2011
    That is so cute Paprika! Glad you are having a good time :)
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I have 130 unread emails.  From three days.  And I dont. wanna. at. all.  Every time I get through all my emails... I get 100 more.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011

My vent is that after only 2 months  of wearing my e-ring a pave diamond fell out AND I noticed that my center stone was loose and that the side of it was broken off. Highly peeved I brought it back to the jeweler who said he would "cover the chip" with a prong. I left Monday and I'm travelling all week so my Fiance went back and took care of it yesterday. Not only did he get me a new diamond with a slight upgrade and had to spend more money on it he got me a gift for my up and coming birthday from the jeweler! I get my present and hopefully my ring tomorrow when I go home! I cant wait to see what it is!!!!!!
  • DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paprika- Yeah on wonderful Future ILs! That always makes life easier, hope the rest of your trip continues to be awesome!

My response to the baby fever discussion is I and We are split decision on the whole having kids thing. We really don't want them anytime soon, want to enjoy our time together just us and the pup (who is loved like a child) eventually buy a house and just have time to ourselves. But my confession is that the past few nights I've had dreams about me being preggers...I'm totally NOT cause its TOM but the dreams have been super wierd and I'm a little freaked about about the thought of being preggers, but my dream self was cool with it. I'm pretty sure these dreams are cause my MOH has two darling boys I saw the other day, my teammate at work is preggers, and my BM had a baby girl last month and I've been visiting them every week!

No baby fever here unless it's enjoying my friends' adorable babies!
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-open-letter-vent-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:ffef0f57-9a41-4e94-8b77-b8be5feb372ePost:ccba2d17-79bc-481f-b304-c92694825194">Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My vent is that after only 2 months  of wearing my e-ring a pave diamond fell out AND I noticed that my center stone was loose and that the side of it was broken off. <strong>Highly peeved I brought it back to the jeweler who said he would "cover the chip" with a prong</strong>. I left Monday and I'm travelling all week so my Fiance went back and took care of it yesterday. Not only did he get me a new diamond with a slight upgrade and <strong>had to spend more money on it</strong> he got me a gift for my up and coming birthday from the jeweler! I get my present and hopefully my ring tomorrow when I go home! I cant wait to see what it is!!!!!!
    Posted by jilly2121[/QUOTE]

Id be pretty pissed if after 2 months of wearing my ring stones were chipping and falling out...
    I hope you have insurance on your ring so you aren't paying for stones falling out etc.
    Did you FI have to spend more money bc he upgraded the diamond or just to replace it.

Hope ur birthday present it awesome and your ring is fixed when you get home!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards