Military Brides

Hump day Chit Chat anyone?

Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?

• kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:7f730c62-9e63-4738-8b5d-4b47351367a2">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]yeah, I have a FB friend who is in the army, dating another guy in the army (who she has never actually met???? weirdddd situation) and they are all "I love you" and "I miss you baby" on each other's walls EVERY DAY ...how do you miss someone you've never met? kara- we are looking at tons of different options; we're thinking AI would be good, too. Somewhere I thought of that we're looking into is Panama.  Weather related: um...<strong> it snowed on 10/2 here</strong>. Yeah, first snow of the year. It was ridic. but todayyyyyyyy it was in the 60s. 
    Posted by firemedicrr[/QUOTE]

<div>Where in VA are you? I like the fall weather, but I HATE snow. I don't want that here!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    This is why we don't humor with responses...

aaanyway.

Amanda H always claims he's neeeevverrr on facebook. I call BS. He has it on his cellphone and checks whener he gets a notification. THAT COUNTS!!! lol
    Oh wow Amanda I didn't realize OK could get that cold :P haha Yeah it's been in the 30's here lately and I don't like it because that means black ice on the roads :/
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:94133c9c-4717-4bba-9c45-c9ea1c070dc3">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone? : Why do you ALWAYS have someone you know that's an example of whatever is talked about here? <strong>I think Stan is right, everything about you is MUD. </strong>
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]
    I'm not quite sure how having a best friend who lives on the other side of the world currently is MUD but whatever
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:4b781d0c-ee45-48b6-be9c-29f2f17b7b03">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone? : Yup. I trust him. Guys aren't like girls. For me a guy is wayyyy easier to open up to than a girl.  And my "Crappy a$$" friends were people I went to HS with 
    Posted by KendallR10[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Interesting that you're engaged, getting married, what... this week?... and one of your "best friends" is a guy in 'stan who you've never met because, "a guy is wayy easier to open up to than a girl". Wonder how your dear FI -really- feels about that one. </div><div>
    </div><div>......oh, wait... that'll be the next episode of the Kendall show.</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Change of subject from the crazyness: Does anyone have a crown?
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:49a8356a-bee8-44c5-a8ca-817bcb6e92a0">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Change of subject from the crazyness: Does anyone have a crown?
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

<div>Like a dental crown? I have a couple. :(</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:f856d757-8e5e-47c5-8f33-ce1c1d09452f">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone? : Where in VA are you? I like the fall weather, but I HATE snow. I don't want that here!

<div>
    </div><div>I'm in central/sw va- about an hour outside of Charlottesville/Richmond</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:9e1b3244-c3fd-4973-b94c-9d15f95fc0b2">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone? : I'm in central/sw va- about an hour outside of Charlottesville/Richmond

<div>I know where Richmond is but how far is that from VA Beach? That's where we live right now. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, sorry ... poor clarification on my part... Dental crown.. I've been trying to google it, but can't find anything.. but I have wont that is slightly greenish around the base (near my gumline.. not my gums.. but the crown) and I'm worried it's an infection or something, but it doesn't hurt and it less than a year old :/ Any experience?
  • edited December 2011
    If you have a question about dental crowns, FTL, lemme know. I sleep with a future dentist, after all ;)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:e456036f-9d6d-4f96-b93b-e15c8ed52c5b">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone? : Interesting that you're engaged, getting married, what... this week?... and one of your "best friends" is a guy in 'stan who you've never met because, "a guy is wayy easier to open up to than a girl". Wonder how your dear FI -really- feels about that one.  ......oh, wait... that'll be the next episode of the Kendall show.
    FI is fine with it. <div> We have talked many times about it. I've asked FI if he wanted me to stop talking to him. He is perfectly okay with me being pen pals with someone who has no family</div><div>
    </div><div>Our friendship started because he is a friend of a friend, was deploying, has no family. I sent him a x-mas card last year. My BFF and I became his pen-pals while he is deployed. Is that a crime?</div>
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:4ae93f2d-c3b3-40f7-bf02-ee23d1b4f2f3">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, sorry ... poor clarification on my part... Dental crown.. I've been trying to google it, but can't find anything.. but I have wont that is slightly greenish around the base (near my gumline.. not my gums.. but the crown) and I'm worried it's an infection or something, but it doesn't hurt and it less than a year old :/ Any experience?

Asking FI for you right now, gimme a min or two :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:646dca6a-900e-47a4-913f-7bab95cab524">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone? : I know where Richmond is but how far is that from VA Beach? That's where we live right now. 
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm like... 4 hrs from VA beach.. I'm actually going to be in Norfolk the 9th thru the 13th, I told binx we should totally try a semi-impromptu gtg!

</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    aaaah CAB! go ask him.. lol.
    You dirty hoar you ;) tehehehe
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yea, actually it gets pretty cold in OK...at the coldest part of last winter it was teens for about 2 weeks. SO cold. The running joke in Oklahoma is that if you don't like the weather, wait a week and it will change. Which is true..we get 100+ degrees summers and below freezing winters.

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:4ae93f2d-c3b3-40f7-bf02-ee23d1b4f2f3">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, sorry ... poor clarification on my part... Dental crown.. I've been trying to google it, but can't find anything.. but I have wont that is slightly greenish around the base (near my gumline.. not my gums.. but the crown) and I'm worried it's an infection or something, but it doesn't hurt and it less than a year old :/ Any experience?

<div>at first I was all excited that maybe we were talking about real crowns. Not that I have one. but ya know. now- I have a dental crown; not nearly as fun. </div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:5ff07ef2-2ae9-4b72-80a4-e11c77b56481">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone? : I'm like... 4 hrs from VA beach.. I'm actually going to be in Norfolk the 9th thru the 13th, I told binx we should totally try a semi-impromptu gtg!

<div>That far?! What are you going to be doing in Norfolk for? If I'm available, why not! H is stationed at NOB but we didn't want to live there. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    FI Says you're either brushing too hard, or not good enough, or not flossing. The gum line is probably receding. If it gets bad enough, the crown may have to be re-done. He says don't worry about it unless it is receding a lot, and it hurts. Probably just a matter of changing up your cleaning method, though.
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    .... I don't have a crown...but I do have a tiara...

Ahaha.

Kendall, I call BS with this guy until I see the picture that Stan has been demanding.  
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:452fb593-2283-4ee8-b53d-92b072911764">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]aaaah CAB! go ask him.. lol. You dirty hoar you ;) tehehehe

I'm a hoar for the free teeth whiting ;) Ha ha ha!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:e7c110b3-9f03-452a-86ba-cc408adc60ec">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE].... I don't have a crown...but I do have a tiara... Ahaha. Kendall, I call BS with this guy until I see the picture that Stan has been demanding.  
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]
    When I have it, she can have it. I haven't gotten an email back from him yet
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:3fb8d123-4213-4944-a7d7-8cde3aa30d12">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI Says you're either brushing too hard, or not good enough, or not flossing. The gum line is probably receding. If it gets bad enough, the crown may have to be re-done. He says don't worry about it unless it is receding a lot, and it hurts. Probably just a matter of changing up your cleaning method, though.
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I was thinking it might be this. My dental hygienist always say that flossing will protect you from gingivitis. She shows me the right way to do it, but I effing hate it because it hurts so much so I never do it that way. haha</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: spelling

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:bcea12d6-6534-4e9e-9eaa-708a84b58e2f">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone? : I'm a hoar for the free teeth whiting ;) Ha ha ha!
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

haha I don't blame you on that one! :)
    Thank cabby :) I am going to up my flossing to twice a day... Maybe I'm brushing to hard then.. strange that it's one extreme or the other. I other crown is fine, it's just this one, and it still bleeds a lot when I floss, as if it were brand new.. ugh. It's such a pain (not really though, since it's a root canal.. no nerves :P tehehe) As far as I can tell right now the gumline is normal, so I will go more with flossing, and not so harsh on the brushing and see if that helps.
    Thank you cabbys fi!!

Fire- bahahaha... your crown comment = hilarious.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:10a54e48-77b4-4682-9fd5-3203e839bd30">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone? : haha I don't blame you on that one! :) Thank cabby :) I am going to up my flossing to twice a day... Maybe I'm brushing to hard then.. strange that it's one extreme or the other. I other crown is fine, it's just this one, and it still bleeds a lot when I floss, as if it were brand new.. ugh. It's such a pain (not really though, since it's a root canal.. no nerves :P tehehe) As far as I can tell right now the gumline is normal, so I will go more with flossing, and not so harsh on the brushing and see if that helps. Thank you cabbys fi!! Fire- bahahaha... your crown comment = hilarious.
    YW, he's just happy he knew the answer! Ha ha ha!
  • edited December 2011
    lol kara- you slacker. I'm pretty good with my flossing, but my teeth are just so sensitive and cavity-prone :( My gums are rockstars though. My dentist is always pleased with them, and doesn't believe me when I tell him I haven't had braces.. but I would take crooked teeth over so much dental crap :(
    I hope that's all it is... I can see a little black through the crown on that tooth and I can't on the other one.. I thought maybe it's the metal underneath it or something since that's the tooth that had the root canal, but I"m a little worried.. Idk. boo. I hate dentists... I have to drug myself up so much when I go or I have a complete panic attack.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:5c854858-fa9f-487e-aa4d-1d68cb41d602">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone? : That far?! What are you going to be doing in Norfolk for? If I'm available, why not! H is stationed at NOB but we didn't want to live there. 

<div>yeah, it stinks; pretty far inland. FI is stationed NAS JAX; I'll be moving there after our wedding sometime (altho not immediately because I have some school I need to finish and I can't move jobs till then)</div><div>
    </div><div>I'll be in norfolk for work related training. Virginia does their annual EMS symposium there with continuing education; so that's what I'll be there for. </div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    holy moley cab I just realized your ticker!! You are getting so close!!! How are the plans coming together?? RSVPs coming in yet? H loved racing me to the mailbox to steal them :)

Amanda that's nuts. Washington gets the extrems of teen and 100s as well, but they aren't as common. We usually stay between the 20s-80s year round. I hate it when it drops to the teens and 20s though because then power starts going out and pipes bursting is NOT fun.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:702a69d3-a690-480a-9157-7a0aa3302e5c">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol kara- you slacker. I'm pretty good with my flossing, but my teeth are just so sensitive and cavity-prone :( My gums are rockstars though. My dentist is always pleased with them, and doesn't believe me when I tell him I haven't had braces.. but I would take crooked teeth over so much dental crap :( I hope that's all it is... I can see a little black through the crown on that tooth and I can't on the other one.. I thought maybe it's the metal underneath it or something since that's the tooth that had the root canal, but I"m a little worried.. Idk. boo. I hate dentists... I have to drug myself up so much when I go or I have a complete panic attack.

<div>ah, we're like dental twins, which in our case is a crappy thing to be. </div><div>
    </div><div>I have terrible teeth genetically. I've always taken good care of them, but get cavities from breathing I guess. </div><div>
    </div><div>I hate dentists too. I think that if you have to have dental work, they should give you the good drugs before they even explain what they're gonna do.... and I don't care how minimal the dentist thinks it is, local is not good enough; I want to be KTFO. </div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:0c235c78-77a0-4c6f-a2cb-fc97b028832aPost:cd0884ea-d345-432a-bbe8-53ebd2d36da0">Re: Hump day Chit Chat anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]holy moley cab I just realized your ticker!! You are getting so close!!! How are the plans coming together?? RSVPs coming in yet? H loved racing me to the mailbox to steal them :) Amanda that's nuts. Washington gets the extrems of teen and 100s as well, but they aren't as common. We usually stay between the 20s-80s year round. I hate it when it drops to the teens and 20s though because then power starts going out and pipes bursting is NOT fun.

ALL RSVPs are in! (Aren't I LUCKY!?!?)
    We have tonssss of DIY left: Paint the runner, design and print the menus, finish my cake toppers, wooden signs, design and print the programs, make the wooden cake stands, reserved tags, table tags, bibs, jam wrapping and tagging... ugh! Ha ha, luckily my sister is a freakin super hero. We'll bust it out.

Funny, FI and I did that, too! He would always snatch the RSVP out of my hands! Ha ha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards