Snarky Brides
Options

Roll Call?

Re: Roll Call?

• Options
    The basics
    Names (you and fi/h/so): Megan and David
    Ages: 26 (me) and 25 (him)
    Jobs: Administrative secretary (me) and hospital environmental technician (him)
    Wedding Date: November 5, 2010

More
    Meal you make the best: Chicken cacciatore (me) and chicken cutlets (David)
    Knottie you want to be sister wives with: Mandapanda
    Biggest PIA wedding thing you dealt with: My college friend's faux wedding (she married her husband almost a year before the wedding, in secret)
    Pic of you and SO:

Bonus points for tap dancing/something funny/something cute here: I was a competitive figure skater until I was 17.  And I fell out of an ice skating rink once, while trying to jump.  I've told the story before.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    M&M- Yes please!

Isn't she freaking cute? She's like 5 lbs but thinks she is a mastiff.

And yep, DH and I are a couple of winos :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_roll-call-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0daa97ce-ee62-42ae-83b2-59d82d90c9e8Post:5a201f47-de1e-4b55-ae0d-f0bc93e141f0">Re: Roll Call?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Names (you and fi/h/so): Leslie and Lee Ages:  47 and 50 (Yes, we're old) Location: Colorado Springs Jobs: I'm a CPA; he's in IT Wedding Date: <strong>8/1/2009.  Just celebrated one year </strong>More Meal you make the best: Glazed salmon with peanut noodles.  DH is grillmaster extrordinaire Knottie you want to be sister wives with:  OWN, Cew, Missy, Heels, many more Biggest PIA wedding thing you dealt with:  DH's family (except awesome MIL) Pic of you and SO:  Mountain biking trip Bonus points for tap dancing/something funny/something cute here: Cheddar!
    <p>Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>I was all, 'huh?' and then I remembered that your dates are around the other way. So I guess that my response (12/09/09- one year next month) made no sense given that you would say 09/12/09... </p>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_roll-call-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0daa97ce-ee62-42ae-83b2-59d82d90c9e8Post:ba123864-3433-4207-ad46-c259aa1eb7f8">Re: Roll Call?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roll Call? : Thank you. I have noticed our names aare very similar as well. My parents were very close to spelling mine the way you do, then kind of randomly just added another n :). Margaret is a common family name, thats why they picked Megan.. I was also born in the Megan obsessed 80s. My mom wanted a unique Megan so they settled on Meaghan after seeing it on tv a few nights before I was born, then added the n, and voila Meaghann!
    Posted by Meaghann17[/QUOTE]

Me too!!! My great grandmother (who lived until I was 12) was huge family matriarch so they almost named me Margaret. But, my sisters (who were 15 and 17 when I was born in 1984) wanted to be hip and insisted my name would be Meaghan with the Irish spelling.  I love your extra N. It makes me think of Anne of Green Gables who must spell it with and E and love Catherine with a C. But I digress ;)
  • Options
    The basics
    Names (you and fi/h/so): Kate, and my imaginary husband likes to be called Henry.
    Ages: 24
    Jobs: Coordinator at a Boston university
    Wedding Date: 20NEVER.

More
    Meal you make the best: Roasted chicken
    Knottie you want to be sister wives with: Jasmine
    Biggest PIA wedding thing you dealt with: Canceling the damn thing
    Pic of you and SO: http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs337.snc3/29441_538716760211_8000304_31999040_4402081_n.jpg
    Bonus points for tap dancing/something funny/something cute here

Here's my son!

• Options
    The basics
    Names (you and fi/h/so):  Amy & Corey
    Ages:  both 23
    Jobs:  Nanny and US Soldier
    Wedding Date:  November 6, 2009 (the big to-do, August 19, 2011)

More
    Meal you make the best:  ceasar salad with homemade dressing and shrimp scampi with spinach
    Knottie you want to be sister wives with:  I guess I'd say Roxy because we are on the other side of the country from most of you and are up after you guys all go to bed.  Sunshine you crack me up too, especially with your effin bio
    Biggest PIA wedding thing you dealt with:  the freakin guest list is going to be the death of me... or the death of my MIL
    Pic of you and SO: 

Bonus points for tap dancing/something funny/something cute here:  I got nothin...  just my wine which might make me tap dance later...
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    I feel late on this, I work for a while then come home and there's this 4 pager.  I'm posting then going back and reading. 

The basics

Names (you and fi/h/so): Mary and Andrew (FI) 
    Ages: 25 and 26
    Jobs: I'm in audit, and he's in tax
    Wedding Date: 10-09-10

More
    Meal you make the best: FI loves my pot roast, I love making tacos.  I suck at knowing when chicken is done.  I'm making mac&cheese right now. 
    Knottie you want to be sister wives with: hmmm not sure
    Biggest PIA wedding thing you dealt with: my mom was killed unexpectedly when we were 4 months out and that's put us a little behind in planning
    Pic of you and SO: see sig and bio
    Bonus points for tap dancing/something funny/something cute here: I got nothing right now. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_roll-call-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0daa97ce-ee62-42ae-83b2-59d82d90c9e8Post:96ffc3ba-0b34-4a0c-9413-6f46e7eef0d9">Re: Roll Call?</a>:
    [QUOTE]M&M- Yes please! Isn't she freaking cute? <strong>She's like 5 lbs but thinks she is a mastiff.</strong> And yep, DH and I are a couple of winos :)
    Posted by Sunshine9463[/QUOTE]
    My 15 pound dog thinks the same thing!  She's a teacup beagle, I hate to break it to her but she's not getting any bigger.
  • Options
    ZOMG (yes, I needed the Z) reddy -  I love your vices answer. So candid and so me too. heart, hearts big puffy hearts.

Baystate!! I miss you!

Sunshine, if I were Mandy, I would make a post for you right now. I feel as though you are a girl after my own heart.
  • Options
    The basics
    Names (you and fi/h/so): Stephanie and Rob
    Ages: 30 and 38
    Jobs: I'm a retail manager and FI is an artist
    Wedding Date: 10/22/10

More
    Meal you make the best: Fi is definitely the cook in the house but I an make a mean spinach dip!
    Knottie you want to be sister wives with: I think I'm way too new for a sister-wife but I do enjoy you all.
    Biggest PIA wedding thing you dealt with: I love my mom but she has a habit of making me slightly crazy about planning stuff.
    Pic of you and SO: In Honduras

Bonus points for tap dancing/something funny/something cute here:
    My little trouble maker...

Photobucket
  • Options
    Pirate, I totally feel you on missing stuff because of work. I am the suck because of it. Really. It needs to stop.

ps-  Nebb?? Where are you? How are you not here to be my bestie on the night I am actually here? Hearts?
  • Options
    Whitts? What kind of art? That is really cool!
  • Options
    Also- whitts? Is that a minpin?? ahhhh!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_roll-call-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0daa97ce-ee62-42ae-83b2-59d82d90c9e8Post:c7a89f72-c313-486f-96fd-51c1ac2e6090">Re: Roll Call?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The basics Names (you and fi/h/so): Kate, and my imaginary husband likes to be called Henry. Ages: 24 Location: Boston, MA Jobs: Coordinator at a Boston university Wedding Date: 20NEVER. More Meal you make the best: Roasted chicken Knottie you want to be sister wives with: Jasmine Biggest PIA wedding thing you dealt with: Canceling the damn thing Pic of you and SO: <strong><a href="http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs337.snc3/29441_538716760211_8000304_31999040_4402081" rel="nofollow">http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs337.snc3/29441_538716760211_8000304_31999040_4402081</a></strong>_n.jpg Bonus points for tap dancing/something funny/something cute here Here's my son!
    Posted by btrflykate1230[/QUOTE]

Hah, Kate! This is weird. I clicked on that picture, which is much larger than your old sig, of course. I always thought you were holding a candy cane, but now I see it's a dinosaur on Declan's shirt!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    He's a painter. His work is mainly contemporary but it's really hard to describe.

She's not a min-pin, a chihuahua. Her nickname is Stinka basically because she's a little stinker and always getting into trouble.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    M&M, have you ever been to Ridgefield, CT?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    M&M- Aw, thanks! I'm glad you're not though, I would get too nervous being put on the spot Embarassed

Amy- Thank you! hehe. Isn't it funny about little dogs? I can't believe it sometimes that she doesn't realize how teeny she is! She has this little strut after she gets through barking at something and it is hilarious. She totally thinks she's hotshiit!
  • Options
    Makes sense! My adopted minpin is part chiuahuah so I see so much of him in your baby there. I likve you sig pic btw, very cute for an engagement and you are near me!
  • Options
    M&M - you live where I grew up! I miss CT...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    The basics
    Names (you and fi/h/so): Natalie/Scott
    Ages: 27 & 25
    Jobs:  Receptionist/ Photographer
    Wedding Date: 10.9.11

More
    Meal you make the best: buffalo chicken wraps
    Knottie you want to be sister wives with: i don't know quite yet, just found the boards recently
    Biggest PIA wedding thing you dealt with: nothing so far.. we have awhile to go :)
    Pic of you and SO: 

kitty sleeping..
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_roll-call-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0daa97ce-ee62-42ae-83b2-59d82d90c9e8Post:d793b31b-2758-456f-adbb-fde7c93ca5e9">Re: Roll Call?</a>:
    [QUOTE]M&M, have you ever been to Ridgefield, CT?
    Posted by COkristi[/QUOTE]

Yes m'am, I just bought a car there! No real time though...

Sunshine - it's ok :) I wouldn't worried about being put on the spot, you are a cool chic.I know it.
  • Options
    Yeah, a lot of ppl always ask if she is a min-pin. I think mostly because of her coloring.

And thanks re the pic!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    The basics
    Names (you and fi/h/so):  Michelle & Jef (with one F, because two would be redundant -- his logic, not mine!)
    Ages:  28 and 25.  I'm a cradle-robber!  :o
    Jobs:  I'm the corporate credit manager for an Internet domain registrar (we own teh Internets) and he's a teller for TD Canada Trust.
    Wedding Date:  2.05.11

More
    Meal you make the best:  Yum neua with sticky rice.  My mom is Thai and an AMAZING cook.  This is the only dish to which I can do a modicum of justice. 
    Knottie you want to be sister wives with:  Kimheartscott.  I have an e-crush; is it obvious?
    Biggest PIA wedding thing you dealt with:  My FMIL e-stalks me.  It creeps me out!  Oh, and bridesmaid dresses.  And my complete and utter inability to make a decision.  And the fact that my little brother (who we asked to be a groomsman) may not even attend. 
    Pic of you and SO: 

Okay, not really.  But we haven't taken our engagement pics yet. 

Here's me in my new passport photos:

And him with my cat:

I SWEAR he's 25.  I know he doesn't look it.  Even my mom carded him when she met him for the first time to make sure I'm not doing anything illegal.  (Thanks, Mom.  That wasn't embarassing or anything.)

The cutest thing currently on my harddrive is either this--

-- or this --

I can't decide. 
  • Options
    The basics
    Names (you and fi/h/so): Carrie and Matt (and stinkbutt)
    Ages: 33 and 26
    Jobs: I'm an HR Business Partner and he takes all of the escalated calls in a call center
    Wedding Date: 5/8/2010
    More
    Meal you make the best: mac and cheese
    Knottie you want to be sister wives with: B and / or anyone who gives really good head.
    Biggest PIA wedding thing you dealt with: Nothing really. Or maybe everything was kind of a pain in the ass. I didn't really enjoy the whole wedding planning thing.
    Pic of you and SO: UNC vs Notre Dame 2008

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_roll-call-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0daa97ce-ee62-42ae-83b2-59d82d90c9e8Post:1d057347-fd70-4e07-97f0-997099c3d569">Re: Roll Call?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roll Call? : Yes m'am, I just bought a car there! No real time though... Sunshine - it's ok :) I wouldn't worried about being put on the spot, you are a cool chic.I know it.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Ah! I bought a car there too. I lived there for about a year right after college.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_roll-call-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0daa97ce-ee62-42ae-83b2-59d82d90c9e8Post:996c66d2-c8dc-4979-b856-69e130efbe4f">Re: Roll Call?</a>:
    [QUOTE]M&M - you live where I grew up! I miss CT...
    Posted by whitts79[/QUOTE]

awwww really? It is funny because I moved here from Boston for grad school in 06  (new haven) and stayed here until now. I used to bitch a lot about being away from family and friends in Boston but I really feel like this could be home for me and Mike now. This are is awesome in some ways, but expensive and weird in others. Granted, I am sure my judgement applies to most places so don't pay attention to me :)
  • Options
    Yep, katiewhompus, my recipe is very similar.  Though my mom recently passed down a recipe where you just throw in a can on condensed mushroom soup and pack of onion soup mix on top and let all that slow cook.  It is very tender except the salt can be a bit much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The basics
    Names (you and fi/h/so): Lenore & Mr Lenore
    Ages: Me, 45 him.... 55 forever!
    Jobs: Me-Attorney Him- Lieutenant
    Wedding Date: 4/12/2010

More
    Meal you make the best: Beef Stroganoff, some others... BUT he usually cooks now.
    Knottie you want to be sister wives with: None because the age spread here means I would be the old hag wife Tongue out
    Biggest PIA wedding thing you dealt with: My hair, my gawd hot mess of a MOH
    Pic of you and SO: I will think about it...
    Bonus points for tap dancing/something funny/something cute here: Hmm, I dance poorly, watching me do it is mighty funny but I lack video!

• Options
    Thanks, M! I'm kind of blushing.

waaaaiiitjustaminutehere. Are you just trying to score some wine?
    Wink

• Options
    Celles! I love me some Kim too :) I am kind of dying over your pets right now.

And Cew, don't make me toture you with Olive Garden Bread sticks and Ikeas furnitue until you submit to being my sister wife. You KNOW B would be down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards