Military Brides

Annoyed

So, I was on facebook and this girl posted how she saw a ring at Kay that she wanted but she could never ask her boyfriend to spend 3K on a ring.  Well this other girl came and posted that all the diamonds from Kay are awful!  Hypothetically, if I could punch her in the face I would.  This was on a military support page on facebook, where I mostly lurk, but seriously how insulting!  A lot of girls have rings from Kay!!

My ring is from Kay and my diamond is most definitely not awful.  Some people, seriously..
Photobucket

Re: Annoyed

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, people are annoying about chain jewelry stores.  My rings are all from Kay's (e-ring, wedding band, and "deployment" band), and I love them.  My necklace and earrings from H are from there too, plus a few other pieces.  I love all my jewelry, especially my e-ring.  I've even had other jewelers comment on my stone from there because it's such a great diamond.  So yeah, that girl can suck it.

Yes, they can be overpriced, but honestly for military I think they are the best way to go (any chains, not just Kay's).  With all the moving we do, you can pretty much guarantee that there will be a Kay's within half an hour of you, which makes it much easier to have work done, and keep warranties.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Exactly!  And my fiance bought me a Leo diamond ring.  My diamond is literally almost perfect. So I'm going to have to say its not awful at all. And I've had mountains of people comment on how beautiful my ring is, I'm sure just like 87653455 other people with rings from Kay's!  And it does make it so much easier!  Because no matter where I move Kay will be around!
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    Yeah my e-ring is a Leo too.  My bands aren't though.  But yeah I have a near perfect cut too.   But a diamond is a diamond, whether it came from Kay's or a pawn shop.  The whole point of the 4 C's is to determine quality.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_annoyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c9175e88-2285-40ac-852e-44aee22d4795Post:cb142236-e229-4ac8-a527-076353df232c">Re: Annoyed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah my e-ring is a Leo too.  My bands aren't though.  But yeah I have a near perfect cut too.   But a diamond is a diamond, whether it came from Kay's or a pawn shop.  The whole point of the 4 C's is to determine quality.  
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly!  Leo's really are beautiful!  But you are so right it doesn't matter where it came from!  You can have an amazing quality diamond from the pawn shop or from Tiffany's!</div>
    Photobucket
  • duggan12duggan12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow what a snob...my ring is from Kays and its beautiful. When we went ring shopping we started off at a non-chain shop and FI was told with his pay he would never be able to afford anything they had. So we went down to the mall and into Kays. I found one I loved and the lady was so kind to us. They rushed my ring so it could be back before his leave was up and the manager upgraded the center stone at no charge because he was military. I wouldnt go anywhere else for jewelry ever.
  • edited December 2011
    Yea Kay has always been good to me!  I love em!  And wow duggen that is awesome that they upgraded your center stone!  That's awesome!  I want to see everyone's rings now!
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    Oh yay I still have my pic on here.  We do this on E every once in a while.  This was right after I got my new "deployment" band.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    dnb-Wow I love your rings!  They are so beautiful!  I want two bands too but we can only afford one at the moment!

here are mine!

and my band is being resized right now but this is what it will be

Photobucket
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I also enjoy Kay's, but we didn't get my e-ring or wedding bands from there. Mostly because we went to a place near my house that we like, and gives awesome coupons :) I think we got $500 off of our wedding bands.
    I do have a necklace and other jewelry from there.
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Green.  Yours are gorgeous!  We looked at that band but it didn't lay right with my ring.  I just got my second band when H came home.  It was supposed to be at our anniversary, but we got it early saying it was for our first deployment.  So now I call it the deployment band instead of an anniversary band.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_annoyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c9175e88-2285-40ac-852e-44aee22d4795Post:47f53cd9-4ed7-4d31-9e7d-027311182d87">Re: Annoyed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Green.  Yours are gorgeous!  We looked at that band but it didn't lay right with my ring.  I just got my second band when H came home.  It was supposed to be at our anniversary, but we got it early saying it was for our first deployment.  So now I call it the deployment band instead of an anniversary band.

<div>Thank you!</div><div>
    </div><div>And I love that you call it a deployment band!  That is such a cute idea!  My fiance bought my e-ring when Kay was doing the Santa Certificates.  So we had almost $3000 in discount certificates to use.  So we ended up basically getting $1000 off my band and we ordered it the week before the price of gold went up again...thank goodness!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_annoyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c9175e88-2285-40ac-852e-44aee22d4795Post:fe6806f8-30c1-4539-93ae-3d798ec10d33">Re: Annoyed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also enjoy Kay's, but we didn't get my e-ring or wedding bands from there. Mostly because we went to a place near my house that we like, and gives awesome coupons :) I think we got $500 off of our wedding bands. I do have a necklace and other jewelry from there.
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

<div>That's awesome!  You definitely have to go where you can get a discount because rings are so expensive!</div>
    Photobucket
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, they also do a layaway too so we could pay it off little by little. And they have gorgeous rings.

Both your rings are gorgeous!
    edited December 2011
    Haha we did the same deal with the Santa Certificates from the e-ring.  We bought both of our bands from there with them and saved a ton.  Of course H picked out a band with diamonds too, since he said if I got all the stones he wanted some too.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's awesome!  We weren't able to do layaway with mine because we had to use our certs. by July 19 which mean the layaway would have had to be picked up by then!  So we ended up putting it on my Kay card with 12 months no interest.  So its almost like layaway I guess haha.

And thank you!  I love em!  Maybe one day I will get a "deployment band" like dnb has!  I'm jealous!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_annoyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c9175e88-2285-40ac-852e-44aee22d4795Post:ec92e3a1-99f5-43a3-b16b-0ba5ad15248e">Re: Annoyed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha we did the same deal with the Santa Certificates from the e-ring.  We bought both of our bands from there with them and saved a ton.  Of course H picked out a band with diamonds too, since he said if I got all the stones he wanted some too.

<div>
    </div><div>Yea the santa certs. were a life saver!  And omg our men are so funny!  My fiance did the same thing!  He went with black diamonds though!!  </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Photobucket
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    She's ridiculous. Diamond quality depends on the grading, and that's all the same, no matter where you get it. 

Did you post something back to her?
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    I did!  I couldn't resist:

"My ring is from Kay, and my diamond is most definitely NOT awful. I have a Leo diamond and it is perfect...just saying...thats a pretty big insult to everyone that got their rings there, and I know a lot of girls on this page have."

After I said something, some other girls chimed in..lol
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I personally won't go back to Kay's after a couple bad experiences, but that doesn't mean I have anything against the jewelry! It's ajewelry store, after all... I think I could find multiple things I want from any jewelry store :P haha

Like Stand said, it has NOTHING to do with the brand, but the product itself.

What an ignorant person she is. Greeneke, your ring is Gorgeous. Don't let her bug you. :)
  • ESquared423ESquared423 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_annoyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c9175e88-2285-40ac-852e-44aee22d4795Post:7f41a3f6-1b58-4683-ad3b-1f9dd09069b2">Re: Annoyed</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I personally won't go back to Kay's after a couple bad experiences, but that doesn't mean I have anything against the jewelry!</strong> It's ajewelry store, after all... I think I could find multiple things I want from any jewelry store :P haha Like Stand said, it has NOTHING to do with the brand, but the product itself. What an ignorant person she is. Greeneke, your ring is Gorgeous. Don't let her bug you. :)
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

Same! You ladies have gorgeous rings and I'm glad you had good experiences with Kay! We got my e-ring and wedding band from a different jeweler, but we went to Kay's to search for my husband's wedding band, purchased one on the first trip in with a decent salesperson, but had to go back 4 more times because of mistakes on their end and we were treated HORRIBLY. So bad that I called the manager there and also spoke with corporate..something I never, never do..but it was seriously bad and has unfortunately tarnished Kay's image for me.
    PersonalMilestone Anniversary
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your rings are AMAZING!!

But seriously what a snob
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • edited December 2011
    My e-ring and wedding band are from Kay's as well and we did Santa certs too! We must all be on the same page lol you know what they say "great minds think alike" :) I love love love your Leo diamonds! I am so jealous! I wanted one so bad but it really was out of our budget and I just can't justify putting us into debt so I can have a ring. I still got the 1ct solitare that I wanted, it's just not a leo but I love it all the same (and FI says I can upgrade to a Leo at our five year anniversary haha). Kay's has always been great to us, I'm so sorry to hear that some ladies have had bad experiences there - purchasing rings/bands is such a special and exciting time for a couple, it sucks that some of that excitement was taken away by bad salespeople/mistakes.
  • edited December 2011
    random q: what the heck are santa certs?!!  lol

dnbeach I just realized you posted your ring here, too. Pretty :) I, too, love that you call it a "deployment" band instead. I have a "deployment" neclace, but the band is waaay cuter :P
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_annoyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c9175e88-2285-40ac-852e-44aee22d4795Post:6d8c81da-bc67-4a34-b5ec-ce9caa290dc1">Re: Annoyed</a>:
    [QUOTE] Kay's has always been great to us, I'm so sorry to hear that some ladies have had bad experiences there - purchasing rings/bands is such a special and exciting time for a couple, it sucks that some of that excitement was taken away by bad salespeople/mistakes.
    Posted by jesssull[/QUOTE]

Oh that's okay! It happens. Bad experiences happen no matter what, we just had that kinda timing with Kay's apparently :P They do have beautiful stuff there, though. I'm sure that they have some incredible staff so maybe it was just the one place that we went to here in Washington. Oh well, I love my ring and my band. :) Any retail chain is going to have better stores here than there, ya know?
  • edited December 2011

I kind of wish that we had gone to a chain store, just for the ease of taking care of our rings and stuff. We went with a company called James Allen (we liked it because it's my FIL's name...lol). I Love my Ering, and my band (it's just a plain white gold band), the lady was super helpful, they gave us a great military discount, and they communicated with H really well, I picked out my band and the band on my ERing, he picked out the diamond, my only complaint is that if like a prong on my ring broke, we'd have to ship it to their HQ in NY, rather than take it to say the local mall. And that my H has freakish fingers and we couldn't ever get the sizing right for his ring.. He has like short wide fingers with big knuckles (that sounds really unattractive...) We sent back his band 3 different times because it never fit right, and ended up getting him a $20 band from Target (classy right?).. Now we have a big credit with them, that I am lobbying to be spent on a birthday present for yours truly (I tell H that birthday presents have to be really good since he's gone). I plan on getting him a band closer to what he really wanted and giving it to him for Christmas... or whenever I see him...

Green & Beachy, your rings are gorgeous!!!

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_annoyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c9175e88-2285-40ac-852e-44aee22d4795Post:0018ff15-c469-49f4-a6ed-227f07278cba">Re: Annoyed</a>:
    [QUOTE]random q: <strong>what the heck are santa certs?!!</strong>  lol dnbeach I just realized you posted your ring here, too. Pretty :) I, too, love that you call it a "deployment" band instead. I have a "deployment" neclace, but the band is waaay cuter :P
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

<div>Its a promotion Kay's does around Christmas time.  For every $300 you spent, they gave you a $100 certificate to use anytime from January to July or something.</div><div>
    </div><div>The certificates worked for every $300 something cost you would get a $100 discount.  Hopefully I explained that well because it was confusing lol.</div><div>
    </div><div>Basically if I got a ring that was $1500, and wanted to use my Santa Certificates I would get $500 off.</div>
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_annoyed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c9175e88-2285-40ac-852e-44aee22d4795Post:6d8c81da-bc67-4a34-b5ec-ce9caa290dc1">Re: Annoyed</a>:
    [QUOTE]My e-ring and wedding band are from Kay's as well and we did Santa certs too! We must all be on the same page lol you know what they say "great minds think alike" :) I love love love your Leo diamonds! I am so jealous! I wanted one so bad but it really was out of our budget and I just can't justify putting us into debt so I can have a ring. I still got the 1ct solitare that I wanted, it's just not a leo but I love it all the same (and FI says I can upgrade to a Leo at our five year anniversary haha). Kay's has always been great to us, I'm so sorry to hear that some ladies have had bad experiences there - purchasing rings/bands is such a special and exciting time for a couple, it sucks that some of that excitement was taken away by bad salespeople/mistakes.
    Posted by jesssull[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yes the Leo's are beautiful but I am sure your ring is just as beautiful as well.  I never thought my fiance would buy my ring and I was in sticker shock since all the other rings we had looked at were around 2-3K and the Leo was a big jump.  But he ended up buying it for me and the only reason he did was because he was able to pay cash.  He said he wasn't going into debt for a ring either!

</div>
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    o0o0o0o I see. Thanks for explaining! The whole time I'm reading this thread I'm thinking, "Santa certs? I know most military lingo and I don't know this one, what the heck?!!? "  :P
  • edited December 2011
    Love the rings Green and Beach! X bought mine on base I loved it! After the divorce I put the set up, and and they dissapeared. I still can not get over it, it's one of those things you block out until a discussion comes up. Anyways, It was antique looking. Gold ring with black enamel design on the sides and the diamond of course in the middle. The band was just gold with the black enamel all around it. I still look for a set like that at auctions, and antique dealers. Do they still sell wedding sets at the BX?  I bought a few of my jewlery peices from Kay's and had good expereinces as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah they do, I remember lusting at the Nex before I got my own ERing... They also sell other fun jewelry. I know alot of girls who have NEX, BX, PX rings..

What is it about ERings that some girls get so uppity about?!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards