Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Anyone else staying in tonight?

I feel like the lamest college student around staying in every weekend but I'm just so tired by the end of the week. I don't even want to fix dinner. 

What are yall up to tonight? Any fun weekend plans? 

Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?

• Options
    FI and I are going to another restaurant in the chain I work in (Buffalo Wild Wings) to do a secret shop for part of my trainer training.  My manager has been on me for the past couple of weeks to get this shiit done, and she finally has all the paperwork ready for me to sign on Sunday when I go in.

After that, I don't know.  Maybe go see a late movie (gonna try and coerce him into going and seeing The Vow).
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    Right here.  H is working another double so I'm home alone.  Just got home from the store and made dinner, and now I'm going to do dishes, clean the house a little, and pack for the weekend.  Such an exciting night planned.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Im also staying in. Too tired after work! I got one of my bm dresses picked out, now im lounging on the couch waiting for FI to get home from work.
  • Options
    I picked up the cold everyone at work has been passing around, so I'm sitting here on the couch curled up under a blanket.  Eventually I turn on my Kindle and read some.
  • Options
    Texas, I've always wanted to secret shop a restaurant! Although I guess it might not be as much fun if it's basically a homework project for you. 

Bay, I should pick the house up some too. I'm planning on doing that when FI leaves for work. It's just easier when I'm home alone. 
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    You're not the only one staying in...
    Dateline is on tonight!
  • Options
    Where are you going this weekend Bay? Is it a valentine's get away?
  • Options
    Feel better Strlz!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5bdfec4e-a5ee-48ce-ba4a-9ff66536dfcaPost:9b2d8ff6-ec54-4cd0-b25a-ab67d71ee3ce">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Texas, I've always wanted to secret shop a restaurant! Although I guess it might not be as much fun if it's basically a homework project for you.  
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]
     <div>It'll be fun because we are going to a different location than the other one that FI and I usually go to.  I can't do it at the one I work at and people know me at the one that is the next closest.  Plus I get to drink!  I can't drink at my location, so I'm gonna try a couple of our signature drinks at the secret shop.  </div>
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks Bay!  How's your H feeling?
  • Options
    Aryn -- not nearly so romantic, ha ha.  We're going to visit my ILs in MA.  My MIL had knee replacement surgery last Monday.  She's doing well, but because H works hellish hours, we didn't get to see her in the hospital, and so we're going up there this weekend for a visit.  We're going to meet up with some friends on Sunday, but I expect that it's going to be a relatively quiet weekend of watching TV with MIL and teaching her how to knit.

• Options
    Chinese food and probably watching Buffy.  My fiance is out of town and I lack motivation to go anywhere after only sleeping 5 hours last night when I planned to sleep the day away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    I'm here. Doing our taxes, fun stuff I tell ya. My BIL is over playing NBA Jams on the Wii, or some other basketball game where all the players have huge heads. 
  • Options
    Aw, definitely not a romantic weekend but I'm glad to hear she's alright! I wouldn't mind a weekend in knitting..if I knew how to knit. I want my sister to teach me but always forget to ask when I'm home. 
  • Options
    I will be in tonight. H is going to work at the bar and I'm just planning on sitting on the couch with some wine.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Strlz, he's good :)  Had a long week with a lot of work, as usual, but he's excited to be seeing his family tomorrow.  So am I.  I <3 my ILs.  Well, except FIL, but he's a tool and I almost never see him (unless he's locking himself in the ONE BATHROOM IN THE HOUSE for a marathon shower).

• Options
    It's supposed to start snowing here again at some point tonight, but I *think* we're supposed to get an inch.
  • Options
    meeeeeee. I have had a lot of wine. And brownies.

No fun weekendplans. EXCEPT making my boss a mug with my picture on it with the words "employee of the year" over my picture. I picked him for our secret valentine this year and our reveal date is Monday. 
  • Options
    KJB, I read your post quick and thought it said "my H is going to the bar" and I was about to post "And you're skipping out WHY?" 

And then I re-read it.

• Options
    Omg Rosie I love the mug idea! 

Yall are really making me want a glass of wine but the only bottle we have is designated for Valentine's day and I'm too lazy to go to the store this weekend to replace it. 
  • Options
    One bathroom...uggh.  My parents have a partial (and when I say partial I mean a toilet with three walls and a curtain surrounding it) bathroom in their basement, but my dad is the only one who uses it.

Hopefully this will quench your H's thirst for moving to MA for a while (or at least until you both feel it's the right time to make the move).
  • Options
    How are things going Bay? Do I need to come to MA with you to take care of some business on the side? I will you know. I am down. E FO LYFE YO
  • Options
    Strlz, no, that's not an issue anymore.  I told him straight out we weren't going to consider moving until I"m done with classes in December.  And he agreed that he was letting the fact that his mom didn't tell him she was having surgery upset him and he wasn't thinking clearly that day, and he's definitely being more rational now.  He knows we can't do it.  The paperwork to switch his certification alone is going to take several months.  We'll be in CT until 2013 at least, and that's fine with me.

• Options
    Rosie your job always sounds so much more interesting than mine.  That being said, the most productive (and probably only) thing I did all day when clean off and wipe down my desk with clorox wipes.
  • Options
    Rosie!  That mug sounds hilarious.  Best Valentine's Day surprise ever.

And thanks :)  I think right now we're doing great.  Counseling's going well, and he's going for solo counseling soon.  Tons of steps in the right direction.  Fingers crossed, but I think we're going well.

• Options
    Well that's good.  Maybe that'll give him enough time away from Voldemorta to realize she's not good for him.  (and this is the last I will mention her tonight)
  • Options
    Well for our secret valentine we had to list our three favorite things. My boss listed; salty treats, diet coke, and the wall street journal. So I have been delivering soda and treats all week with trashy magazines. Someone asked him what his secret valentine has given him and he said "magazines with hot women on them". 
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    Good bay :) You deserve the best. I am glad he is working hard to make things right. Now only if tom brady worked so hard ;)

SORRY I HAD TO SAY IT 
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear that bay! I'm sure it's a great feeling to be headed in the right direction.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards